FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Is Screwed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
naz,Jun 20 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:sorry to hear you are having problems.  if you are going used nissan i vote for 02-03 maxima with 255hp, LSD and 6spd.. got some nice extras tossed in there too like hids and leather.  really nice setup.. i almost got one instead of the rex.
[right][snapback]194317[/snapback][/right]

thanx dood.

any idea on price range?>
DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!! :)

sorry to hear about your luck. If I were you I would get rid of the car and get something else if it won't put you in a financial situation you're not comfortable with, and them not offering you a loaner?? I wouldn't have left without one.
So now the car is exactly like the owner?

Oh wait, your Dad owns the car. Don't want to get on his bad side. You do that already!

Best of luck with your POS. You bought it. We (ford) owns you. Now STFU and bend over biatch.
meford4u,Jun 20 2006, 11:36 PM Wrote:Oh wait, your Dad owns the car.  Don't want to get on his bad side.  You do that already!

[right][snapback]194337[/snapback][/right]

Technically ford owns the car, I pay the monthly payments to keep it in the body shop, collison centre, or on a tow-truck!

Get it right beeatch....

p.s..

Dont ever think I'm some silver-spoon bitch that gets a free ride....I pay for that s*** myself......my dad helped secure the lease for me! ...I'm not afraid to admit that----
microbunny,Jun 21 2006, 06:09 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 20 2006, 11:36 PM Wrote:Oh wait, your Dad owns the car.  Don't want to get on his bad side.  You do that already!

[right][snapback]194337[/snapback][/right]

Technically ford owns the car, I pay the monthly payments to keep it in the body shop, collison centre, or on a tow-truck!

Get it right beeatch....

p.s..

Dont ever think I'm some silver-spoon bitch that gets a free ride....I pay for that s*** myself......my dad helped secure the lease for me! ...I'm not afraid to admit that----
[right][snapback]194351[/snapback][/right]

I realize that's not you. It was all meant in humour. Having met your Dad, he wouldn't let you be a freeloader anyway.

You should have received a loaner vehicle. WTF is up with crappy stealerships?

Anyway, sorry about the negative vibe.

Best of luck with your POS. :D
So where is the car now?

Are they fixing it?

If so what's the big deal?

After a while I was happy they would put new parts on. It was like driving a brand new car every month. :D
microbunny,Jun 21 2006, 06:09 AM Wrote:Technically ford owns the car, I pay the monthly payments to keep it in the body shop, collison centre, or on a tow-truck!

Get it right beeatch....

p.s..

[right][snapback]194351[/snapback][/right]

I hate to say this, but to put it into perspective.

You did put the car into the ditch..

The body crumpling, and the suspension bits bending weren't ford's fault.

So what other problems have you had with the car that's ford's fault?

The tranny? That could have suffered blunt force trauma in the accident as well (it is an auto, right?).

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but in Ford's defence, I don't think they designed the car as a multiple-impact device. Which means that stuff is bound to break if the car isn't kept on the road.

I'm glad they're fixing it under warranty.

As far as loaners go, you probably don't want one. The last one I got from the dealership had a $2,000 deductable. If I smucked up their pretty little hybrid escape, I would have wished I just bought another car.

And let's be honest people, cars are going to break.. stuff happens.

I'm surprised that we're offering buying advice to other people based on the experience of the vast minority and without a full picture. We might as well go tell prospective focus owners to ask a honda board's advice on the focus... because we're sure as hell not forming very educated opinions here are we?
microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 20 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:sorry to hear you are having problems.  if you are going used nissan i vote for 02-03 maxima with 255hp, LSD and 6spd.. got some nice extras tossed in there too like hids and leather.  really nice setup.. i almost got one instead of the rex.

thanx dood.

[right][snapback]194319[/snapback][/right]

15-21k i bought one on jan.... but then the dealer crashed it :lol:
That sucks. You'd think Ford's quality control would have these things sorted out by now.

Mine's a 2000 with 145K on it and, besides the 7 or so recalls, still seems to be running well.
I'm coming up on 100K with my 2001... no involuntary tranny farts... just self-induced ones. Great since I had my repairs done.

Is the ATX for the 05+ the same as the 00-04? Because mine is by and large bullet-proof. I service when told to, and it runs as expected.
Puppet..

fair enough, but the accident was all body panels! The underside, suspension, and even alignment were not f***oed

I know what you are saying but they told me today that there was alot of metal shavings and bits that started falling out when they took the tranny out..

I just got back from a 1700km trip and the car was so smooth, I was actually suprised at the thing!

Lets say that I am more angry with the dealer and the s***ty customer service. Like always I leave the dealer angry and wanting to strangle 1 or more 'service advisors'
Just be happy you dont drive a neon... sx.. whatever

I just dropped off my 300 for service, they gave me an 05sx 2.0 base as a loaner.

Crappiest New car i've ever driven.

it sorta feels like my old 94 sundance. But not quite as good as my acclaim.

hahaha
microbunny,Jun 21 2006, 05:50 PM Wrote:Puppet..

fair enough, but the accident was all body panels! The underside, suspension, and even alignment were not f***oed

I know what you are saying but they told me today that there was alot of metal shavings and bits that started falling out when they took the tranny out..

I just got back from a 1700km trip and the car was so smooth, I was actually suprised at the thing!

Lets say that I am more angry with the dealer and the s***ty customer service. Like always I leave the dealer angry and wanting to strangle 1 or more 'service advisors'
[right][snapback]194549[/snapback][/right]

I hear ya man.. when you consider the money that gets sunk into these cars, I know exactly where the frustration comes in.
microbunny,Jun 21 2006, 02:09 AM Wrote:

thanx dood.

[right][snapback]194319[/snapback][/right]

i saw a few examples for around 15k usd.
What happend to warranty???
I thought it was 5 years 100k or 3 years 60k??

To many neutral drops eh?
D-Dub,Jun 21 2006, 09: Wrote:What happend to warranty???
I thought it was 5 years 100k or 3 years 60k??

To many neutral drops eh?
[right][snapback]194605[/snapback][/right]

I got the warranty...its just the hassle involved...and no car!

also, I'm not one of those guys that drives an auto like a race car...

my car is auto,

my car is slow,

It gets me to work!
hopefully they build it right and it will last the next 200k miles no problem
microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 08:42 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 20 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:...How in the world does an autotragic tranny blow up unless you starve the damn thing for fluid or powershift it like a manual?...
[right][snapback]194292[/snapback][/right]

Yeh..I'd like to know how an automatic tranny with 24,900km can just die...
[right][snapback]194293[/snapback][/right]

I just got over 250000 and I can still spin tires ( In the rain ) in second gear.. and its auto.
lol
microbunny,Jun 21 2006, 02:08 AM Wrote:I agree...bad luck and stupid problems...

my old 03' focus was wayyy better!
[right][snapback]194318[/snapback][/right]

I had TWO transmissions poop out on me BEFORE I hit 25,000 Km....

I had one drop around 8,000, then another one at like 23,000.

I am now at 70,000 and no problems yet...
Zoom,Jun 22 2006, 02:36 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 21 2006, 02:08 AM Wrote:I agree...bad luck and stupid problems...

my old 03' focus was wayyy better!
[right][snapback]194318[/snapback][/right]

I had TWO transmissions poop out on me BEFORE I hit 25,000 Km....

I had one drop around 8,000, then another one at like 23,000.

I am now at 70,000 and no problems yet...
[right][snapback]194742[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you beat the living snot out of that auto tranny :P
Pages: 1 2 3