FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Always Missing 2nd Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a steeda short throw shifter with out the shift assist and a centerforce clutch with a ligtened fly wheel and it seems that everytime im in higer revs and shift quickly to 2nd gear it will miss
my mechanic took a look at it and said that the space that i have to put it into 2nd gear has shrunk like it has hardly any play when its in 2nd how is this possible could i have streched a cable or could it be my tranny or syncros ?
if you still have your stock shifter .. put it back in and go for a drive. See if it still does it then

if it does .. then its your tranny .. if not .. then give steeda a call
just a thought.. try making sure the clutch is all the way in before you move the shift lever
trust me i tryed that i even removed the carpet its all the way down and i don't have my stock shifter anymore long gone
Have you been grinding gears recently? The scyncros might be toast.
thats the thing though its not grinding it just won't go in properly it will go smoothly if i easy it in slowly but not a quick shift and its only 2nd gear
change your tranny fluid lately?
Yeah, new tranny fluid is a good place to start.

Also, the cables have adjusters on them where they mount at the transmission (they are a pain to adjust, but you can do it). Make sure they are adjusted so that your shifter isn't bottoming out anywhere before it fully engages.