FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Family Pricing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the Ford.ca website...

Quote:Program Description

Now you can put yourself behind the wheel of some of Canada's most popular cars, trucks, SUVs or Crossovers at a big savings. The Ford Family Price is very simple. Check out the price above for the vehicle that interests you. Then contact your nearest participating Ford and/or Lincoln Dealership.

Terms and Conditions

*Ford Family Pricing is only in effect from June 16 to August 31, 2006 at participating Ford of Canada Dealerships. Ford Family Pricing is available on most new 2006 and 2007 Ford and Lincoln vehicles (excluding Mustang Shelby GT 500, SVT, Ford GT, Edge, MKX, F-Series Chassis Cab, Econoline Cutaway and Stripped Chassis, LCF and Medium Truck). The new vehicle must be delivered or ordered from your Ford/Lincoln Dealer on or before August 31, 2006. Ford Family Pricing includes all destination & delivery (freight) charges and air tax. Ford Family Pricing does not include taxes, registration, pre-delivery or license fees. Ford Family Pricing is not available on any Fleet or Government delivery. Additional incentives may apply. See your local Ford of Canada Dealership for complete program details. Dealers may sell or lease for less.
†Total MSRP:
Not including applicable taxes, registration or license fees, pre-delivery and administrative charges. See your local dealer for details.

now, I need to ask, can x-plan be tagged on top of this family plan for increased savings?

I could use another couple G off the ol' stang.
I'm suprised they are doing this on the Mustang as well. Cuts the price of Mustang GT to just over $30k even.

Quote:Total MSRP: $34,299
FORD FAMILY PRICE: $30,264
Delivery Allowance: $        0
*YOUR PRICE: $30,264
(Dealers may sell or lease for less)
Plus available 48 month financing 6.9%
darkpuppet,Jun 18 2006, 07:03 PM Wrote:From the Ford.ca website...

now, I need to ask, can x-plan be tagged on top of this family plan for increased savings?

I could use another couple G off the ol' stang.
[right][snapback]193791[/snapback][/right]
Nope. The Ford family pricing is X plan. Or is it A plan?

Either way, you get one discount or the other, not both. Now if they are offering cash incentives, you do get both.
I could swear I saw the pricing for the mustang beforehand was 32999. Now they're saying it is 34k MSRP? So now they're tacking on probably the shipping on the original cost.

In the new price it is 30k but probably doesn't include the shipping.

Kinda sounds like a marketing ploy.
I retract my last statement, the pricing does include destination.
meford4u,Jun 18 2006, 07:31 PM Wrote:Nope.  The Ford family pricing is X plan.  Or is it A plan?

Either way, you get one discount or the other, not both.  Now if they are offering cash incentives, you do get both.
[right][snapback]193795[/snapback][/right]

Yup - A-plan (which is a bit better than X-plan) ... BUT ... the other incentives have been weakened (such as lease rates and interest rates) and so unless you're a cash customer, the actual payments won't be much different.

It's a good deal (and nicely transparent) but it's not much better than the incentives they had before - just packaged a bit differently.
I had heard Ford was getting away from all the incentive packages and interest rate cuts.
I assume this is the first step.

But I also notice that GM is continuing with them.

Time will tell how long Ford can not discount their cars and keep market share. It seems like a very bold move.