FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Powersteering Leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recurrently there is some noise coming out when I turning at very low speed so I check it out while changing tranny oil. I found that the rubber boot above the cross member is all oilly, just wondering if anyone know how much will it cost to repair?
had it done under warranty last year, let me look for my W/O

edit:

doesnt say how much the part was and theres only the total labour hours for the whole W/O as i had a few things taken care of.
Thx, does it said how many hrs?
If it's a return line you can tighten the clamps. if its a pressure line you may have to replace it. If it's the rack you will have to replace it. Either way it will cost between $5.00 and $1000.

Pretty broad question you're asking there..
Focus Is Art,Jun 18 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:Recurrently there is some noise coming out when I turning at very low speed so I check it out while changing tranny oil.  I found that the rubber boot above the cross member is all oilly, just wondering if anyone know how much will it cost to repair?
[right][snapback]193753[/snapback][/right]
Ya if they have to replace the steering rack then your looking at around........$800 give or take a hundred.
dam, my car don't even worth 1k....
I have a leak in mine as well, it's more noticable round winter time, i put some stop leak power steering fluid in there and it lasts a few months before you need to top it up again.