FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suspension Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay guys I need some help regarding my new coilover susoension. Here it goes, I went to a reputable shop that I know and bought my rims, tires and coilovers from them H&R's to be exact! I let them do the install as well. I also purchased the camber kits too! I did not cheap out on the suspension!!!

The car rides awesome at higher speeds no questions asked. I had everthing installed 2 weeks ago and I brought it back today for an alignment check. Since the 2 weeks have passed, the clunking from the front end got worse. No problem had them change the swaw bar end links today, they where pooched. My guy at the shop said that there will always be some clunking that comes from coilovers, thats just life. I trust him but when you spend that kind of money on a new suspension you'd think there would be no noise at all. The only other thing I can think of is the strut bearing and the upper plate.

I am knew to this type of suspension but not to the lowered vehicle scene. Can you guys give me some advise, I would appreciat it! Thanks!
How low are your coilovers? I got FK coilovers and have zero clunking issues....clunking is bad...
Same deal here, I've got FK coilovers and I've had no clunking noises from theme.
you probably need to tell us what exactly you are doing when it clunks
The rear is as low as I can get it 2 inches as rated and they have settled over the last 2 weeks. The front is probably 2-2.5 inches, I can get a finger in between the fender and tire and there is no rubbing. The driving is around the city, the clunking comes from going over cracks in the road and if you are backing up and turning the wheel and also at times in a parking lot turning in a tight radius! I hope that helps? Thanks!
any clearance issues when you are at full lock?
I've got KW coilovers up front and no clunking. Did they get the nut tight enough on the top of the strut? Just a thought.
I second that ^^^^^^^^