FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bought A New Car... (bye Bye Focus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great car, Chad.
Can't wait to see it.
So the wife to be has the modding bug. :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to get something different ...maybe next year....depending on how thigs work out here.
Oh yeah Carrie really was sick of the car 'farting' as she always put it (ie:MBRP)....LOL

Well mostly do cosmetic, maybe some performance in a long time from now. Everything is so expensive on the Volvo for aftermarket so it'll be slow. First things will be Volvo's appearance package (mild but noticeable lip kit) and spoiler (retails around $2750 or so) for example.

Yeah I'll have to swing by, haven't seen Tyler (or you both) for a long time. Maybe at the Saskatoon G2G (June 25th?)......
Definitely NICE BUY!!!
You should probably wait just a bit longer until you start modding the engine, because car companies LOVE voiding warranties!! Really nice car though! Congrats! :)

MAN I need a new car... If only I didn’t have to pay for school... haha
So you bought a $40,000 Focus?

Modding new is crazy, because of the aforementioned warranty fun. Unless it's aft of the catalytic or in front of the TB... you're screwed.

The "40" is a C1 Focus. Just like the Mazda 3. Same chassis and basic design.

It's your choice man.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 19 2006, 09:24 AM Wrote:So you bought a $40,000 Focus?

Modding new is crazy, because of the aforementioned warranty fun. Unless it's aft of the catalytic or in front of the TB... you're screwed.

It's your choice man.
[right][snapback]193876[/snapback][/right]

And how much is a C1 Focus in europe? Theres a reason Ford hasnt brought it over here ;)
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 19 2006, 07:24 AM Wrote:So you bought a $40,000 Focus?

It's your choice man.

I'm not going to argue with ya............

Not planning to mod the car performance wise, truly no plans for that. We're just planning to get the exterior package we couldn't get though Volvo at the time unless we wanted to wait for a few more months to order one in. It's a part that gets put on later though the dealership, doesn't do anything to the warranty to speak of.
Good job on the new ride Chad! New cars always kick ass. :D
SVT ZX3,Jun 18 2006, 01:07 PM Wrote:Congrats on the Volvo, must have been a tough choice saying no to the T5 turbo version (besides the price). Now how long until it looks like this?......

[Image: evolve-s40-02.jpg]
[right][snapback]193752[/snapback][/right]

You guys know this car is in the $130,000 price range right. I was talking to the guy at the Volvo booth a couple of cars shows ago and he told me about it. Something like 400hp and everything's a 'one-of' piece.
Nice choice Chad, I love Volvo. I love the look of the S40, but I know I'd be kicking myself for not going with the T5 option.. But then again that's big money. Anyway, it'll be a nice upgrade from the Focus.
The T5 was a HUGE price increase and I can't justify spending more on a monthly car payment then my 3 year old townhouse.....

We needed something rather ASAP..... this will be perfect.

Anyway, finalized most of the details this morning. I guess I am selling my car privately (almost 99.9% sure, just awaiting a phone call before noon here and will have the bank draft in hand during lunch).

Yeah the EVOLVE Volvo is HUGE bucks, it ain't cheap and we're not 'rich' although we're very financially solid. Personally I'd rather go to Mexico twice a year and have the 2.4 instead of going once a year to Mexico, etc. We love our holidaying......

I'm happy, we know we've made the right choice. We've been looking into the Volvo for well over a year now and have also compared it to BMW, ACURA, INFINITY, etc and weighed in all the options, figures, etc. This one worked out perfectly for us for this time in our life.

There wasn't a T5 on the lot at the time, so we'd have been waiting for months and months for it to come in, also increasing the cost due to ordering or shipping from another area. For the T5 we compared it to, we're looking at over $13,000 difference just for 50 HP, sorry but that's a bit much......

Should have the new car tomorrow, got a used 2005 S40 for the time being which in itself is a gorgeous car.
Congrats Mang.... Good luck with the new car!

It's your choice man.

why buy a DLP projector? You're just buying a $1,000 Lite Bright™.

or why pay 5% of the value of your car for an extra 2 HP out of your SPI?

I don't think Chad has ever knocked your modding/purchase choices...

The thing is, at the end of the day, nobody else is going to point at his Volvo and laugh at him for owning a focus, and 4 years from now, he'll get more than 1/5th of what the car was originally worth.

To each their own, in this case, I think it's a pretty smart buy. Hope you enjoy the car man!
darkpuppet,Jun 19 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:

It's your choice man.

The thing is, at the end of the day, nobody else is going to point at his Volvo and laugh at him for owning a focus, and 4 years from now, he'll get more than 1/5th of what the car was originally worth.

To each their own, in this case, I think it's a pretty smart buy. Hope you enjoy the car man!
[right][snapback]193955[/snapback][/right]

Aw Jeeze,

Here we go again :rolleyes:

It's your choice man.

back off there puppet. Bashing Nos is my job.

Step aside. But nice rookie try. :P
scoobasteve,Jun 19 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:

It's your choice man.

Aw Jeeze,

Here we go again :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]193960[/snapback][/right]

it never fails....
Thanks Puppet, I appreciate it.

Yeah paperwork is all finalized, picking the car up tomorrow morning.

I'll post up some pictures later on this week (if anyone wants to see)......
i wanna see this car, maybe get a ride if its possible.
FocusGuy7476,Jun 19 2006, 05:04 PM Wrote:i wanna see this car, maybe get a ride if its possible.
[right][snapback]193993[/snapback][/right]

For sure Tyler, you still owe me a ride in the SVT :P plus I gotta check out those new rims...........
Couple pictures of the new Volvo (from the dealership)......

[Image: Volvo1.jpg]

[Image: Volvo2.jpg]

I'll get some better pictures towards the weekend.....
Nice looking car.

Now let me be the first to say...........needs a drop :P
Pages: 1 2 3