FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wheel Debate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im thinking about picking up some rims these are two i like the most, and they are very similar. What are your opinions? (going on a Black zx5)

OZ's $216 each
SVT's $156 each
Do you race the car? Worried about lightweight wheels?

If not, go with the svt's and spend the extra on tires.
is that canadian pricing?

and go with the OZ's .. you'll regret it after if you don't
ya canadian

ive always loved th OZ's and more as less looked at the SVT's as a cheaper alternative
so i dunno
The oz' are hands down a better wheel.

But if youre not racing your car... autox ing or whatever is it really worth it to pay the extra for lightweight rims which will probably get torn up somewhere on the 401 anyway?
scoobasteve,Jun 16 2006, 05:38 PM Wrote:The oz' are hands down a better wheel.

But if youre not racing your car... autox ing or whatever is it really worth it to pay the extra for lightweight rims which will probably get torn up somewhere on the 401 anyway?
[right][snapback]193549[/snapback][/right]

i see where you're coming from steve,

with the SVT's i can probly get them for around $1200-1300 with tires and tax
Personally i would go with the SVT rims. I've got a set on my car and love the look of them.
go with whatever will get you more ProPz or looks more HeLLa BLinG.. i'm thinking that is the OZ wheels
Well, with the SVt wheels you know they have the proper offset. I love the looks of the 5 spoke SVT wheel and never scrubbed anywhere, despite being lowered.
OZ!

I want the Tribe Evo's
Go with the OZ's! Me I'm looking at OZ's ultraleggera's.
OZ's for teh win! But if you drive on rough roads often you might want to just go with the EAP wheels.
Get whatever makes you happy. You will be happy with both.

But if it were me, I would stick with the Euro SVT rims and save a few bucks. They are the same look for a wheel, just the difference in weight is what your paying for. And OZ is a better wheel company.
meford4u,Jun 17 2006, 05:02 AM Wrote:Get whatever makes you happy.  You will be happy with both.

But if it were me, I would stick with the Euro SVT rims and save a few bucks.  They are the same look for a wheel, just the difference in weight is what your paying for.  And OZ is a better wheel company.
[right][snapback]193609[/snapback][/right]

i checked and according to tirerack.com they both weigh almost the same which im not to sure about. i dunno it may come down to the dif in price but even then its only gonna be $260.
meford4u,Jun 17 2006, 05:02 AM Wrote:Get whatever makes you happy.  You will be happy with both.

But if it were me, I would stick with the Euro SVT rims and save a few bucks.  They are the same look for a wheel, just the difference in weight is what your paying for.  And OZ is a better wheel company.
[right][snapback]193609[/snapback][/right]

Yup, like he said. I like the euro svt wheels much better than the five spoke version as well.
i jsut found a set of used SVT euro's on FF for $350 USD and i wouldn't require shipping, but they need new tires. save myself $300 over buying new.
I'd go for the SVTs if given the choice.
FR Euro!

Only because I have them in white....
I'd have to say the SVT's, I've always like them.
SVT....I LOVE THOSE WHEELS!
Pages: 1 2