FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Found An Engine...now Got A Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The guy asked what code I have under my intake manifold. Did he ask this because of the 00 manifold being different? I can swap my 00 manifold to the new one....right?

I guess he has an engine with a Y2K code with over 100K, and one with another code that has the 60K on it....

the 2000 intake mani wil bolt up fine to the newer engine.
Good... just told him its getting a turbo slapped on. Gave me he lowest warranty available, 90days....wether its the turbo or not that pops it, he says, its still warrantied. :D

With the lowest warranty, comes the lowest price. $300 +tax. :D
Where'd you get the engine, Nate? I was thinking of finding a spare SPI motor, PNPing the head and intake manifold and then transferring them to the running motor.
Lecavalier Auto recyclers. Ford owned.

They actually offer a 6 month warranty with most engines.

I'll check on Monday to see what he has for SPI's. Remind me this week-end via PM.

Now, I'm not trying to be an ass, but at this price, why not go Zetec? SPI would be a straight swap....easy to do.
New ECU as well, plus I'd lose some mod compatibility and my gas mileage :) I can't beat Sudbury and back, AC on for half the mileage for 3/8ths of a tank.

Honestly, since the new suspension went in... I don't find myself caring about power as much anymore. X-Cal2 and maybe those head/manifold ideas and I'm good. I'm probably over-optimistic about the headwork.

Yeah, I'll send you a PM this weekend :)
So not building the motor anymore? :(
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 16 2006, 03:17 PM Wrote:So not building the motor anymore? :(
[right][snapback]193514[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I am actually, I just want my car back on the road. Just going to go with a new stock engine and turn down the boost to 9psi....he actually found one with 24K on it, its just not out of the car yet. :D I'm really impressed with his guy, HE called me to tell me. Actually nice for a change.....Being kept updated and all

I'm going to rebuild the old one depending on what condition it is....like Oscar and you were saying, there could be a lot more damage than my tuner thinks (or is willing to say) :rolleyes:

I need to put a fence up for my dog (its required by the law, so its urgent), and I wouldnt mind a deck this summer. I also want wheels, so straight engine swap is easier/faster/cheaper than re builing.

And I can take my time with the rebuild....You'll be the 1st to know when she's cracked open ;)
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 16 2006, 01:17 PM Wrote:So not building the motor anymore? :(
[right][snapback]193514[/snapback][/right]

He might just be putting the new motor in to get it up and running again ASAP, that would leave him with the spare spun bearing motor and plenty of time to rebuild it to desired specs as time and funds permit. Or at least, thats probably what I would do in this case.

**EDIT** well, looks like I guessed right.....posted @ teh same time too...
Let me know if there's anything I can help with. :)
I'd trust Oscar's opinion on the rebuild, he's helped his Dad with more than a few and that's all his Dad does all day long... rebuilds. Literally.

Since the motor's yanked anyways... how much extra legwork is it to get your gear to the new motor? What about strengthened internals and bottom end while you're at it? You seem to want a fair amount more punch and one of the mags I read said the Focus was good for about 280-300WHP on stock internals but not much more. Of course, take that with a sizeable grain of salt. I also recall reading more of the same around the Jet.

Good luck!

*I'm not slamming Jay... didn't realize it could be read like that! :D :lol:
I have a freshly rebuilt Zetec Short block with SVT rods and pistons in it.
probably the cheapest method of getting into a built motor...
SVT head gasket would get you down to about 9.5-9.8:1 comp which is fine for upto 15psi.
Hell a lot of SVT guys are going 18+psi on a stock bottom end!

Probably around $1100cnd shipped if you are interested in just the short block:
New rod and main bearings
new rings
back-to-square honed
polished crank
file-fit rings
SVT rods and pistons
installed and ready to go!

I can even make it a complete built engine with a ported head and all the bells and wistlers if you like...
hot damn!! i should have kept my focus. i did not realize engines were so cheap. does that auto recycler place have a wrx or sti motor kicking around? i should stock up and boost the biatch up
Flofocus,Jun 16 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Lecavalier Auto recyclers.  Ford owned.

They actually offer a 6 month warranty with most engines.

I'll check on Monday to see what he has for SPI's.  Remind me this week-end via PM.

Now, I'm not trying to be an ass, but at this price, why not go Zetec?  SPI would be a straight swap....easy to do.
[right][snapback]193486[/snapback][/right]

That's where I got my tranny from....1 year warranty on tranny and labour! I bought a used one about a month ago and it facked up and I got a another one today and they paid for the labour.....There are pretty good guys.
Where exactly are they, Flo? Is that the old Cumberland Auto Parts?

Ryan
Park the car and drive the Justy for a while. Then get the bitch done the way you want it.

Everyone can laugh it up for now, but when your passing them with one hand on the wheel and your g/f's hand on you youhoo, then can all go suck your balls.

Do what ya gotta do.
Yeah as NOS put it, my pop has been doing engine rebuilds for a long time, probably since meford was in diapers.

He does everything from the intake to the exhaust manifold, from the water pump to the flywheel.

I'll talk with him when he gets back from ottawa and see what he thinks about your problem.