FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Go Ahead And Try To Cancel A.o.l.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hehehe.. A lot of my customers come over from AOL because it is a total nightmare.

I can't see the video or anything at work, unfortunately.

But with the war stories I get from them trying to cancel out, I can just imagine.

Will definately look at it when I get home though.
No vid, just sound.

The guy at A.0.L. Just won't let him cancel. It's unbelievable....I would have absolutely lost it if it were me.
wow.

Sounds like my expereince with Express Vu.

Ugh.

As most of you know I just moved into my house. I wanted to get all my Tel, internet, and Tv services threw Bell since I can take advantage of my 35% employee discount and one bill discount.

Phone and internet was working the day I moved in. Really impressed.

Now Express vu :rolleyes:

I asked for a install date of Friday (the day I moved in), the never showed. I called on Monday to ask what happened and they said they never received a request to send out a tech. I then forward her my online transaction confirmation of what I did online...

"Oh, sorry, we mus have problem with the system, I'll reshedule that for you. The earliest date we have is Thursday"

"Well, since you guys screwed up can we escalate this request so I can enjoy some hockey games earlier than Thursday"

"No Sir, this is the best date possible"

"Ok, fine, are you sure your gonna be here"

"Oh yes, I assigned it to the tech group, you should be good to go for thursday"

Thursday rolls around, nobody shows up. I call Friday to ask about it.

"We have here that you requested a install date of May 26th"

"Your kidding me right? Its June 5th, kind of late dont you think?

"Ah, well Im sorry sir, I'm gonna have to re-shedule"

"Cancel my order"

"Oh no MR _____, let me get my supervisor"

"No, dont bother, Im gonna say the same to them to"

He goes and gets his supervisor anyways.

"Mr_______ why do you want to cancel this request, I will make sure there is a tech there tomorrow morning"

"Yeah right. I'm a bell employee and this is embarassing. I'm gonna make this clear. Cancel my order (just like the guy did in the video)"

"But sir..."

"Ok, not clear anuff. CANCEL MY f***IN ORDER"

"Ok, sir, not necessary to get upset"

"Uh, yeah it is, you guys dont understand cancel, but sure do understand f***IN cancel"

"Your order is canclled, thank you for choosing Bell Express Vu"

"Obviously not, heh"

I hang up.

Went to Rogers, they dont serve Cable in my area. Called up videotron, said to go to the store and pick up a digital box for standard def.

Went to the store, bought one for $79.99. Installed it, called videotron back, they activated my chosen channels and I have TV.

From my inital call to videotron to the time I was wathing TV service was less than 2 hours.

f*** Express Vu.
hahaha, the best part is you work for bell.

Looks like there are worse companies around than rogers :P

scoobasteve,Jun 15 2006, 11:58 AM Wrote:hahaha, the best part is you work for bell.

Looks like there are worse companies around than rogers :P
[right][snapback]193242[/snapback][/right]

Frig, rogers doesnt even serve the area, now I know why my GF's cell doesnt work here half the time. They dont want the business here.

Honestly, everything else went flawless with Bell, the phone and internet was working that Friday, just frekkin express vu...man, I just dont knwo what to say, other than its embarassing to be an employee and be treated that way.
Cable TV FTW. Had my faulty cable modem replaced last week for my Internet. Tech showed up, told him to go ahead and test the signal but I'd need a replacement. He tested it for his end of things, and then gave me the new modem. :)

79KB/sec upload so far :D
Screw Bell and Robers why not just get a Free To Air Satellite receiver point a 18" dish at Dish Network down in the US and you will have over 400 channels including PPV movies and sporting events without the BS that goes along with Bell/Robers customer service, as for your local channels nothing a good powered antenna won't fix I've had this setup going now for over 2 years and it's been working great.

Laterz :)
K_OS,Jun 15 2006, 12:46 PM Wrote:Screw Bell and Robers why not just get a Free To Air Satellite receiver point a 18" dish at Dish Network down in the US and you will have over 400 channels including PPV movies and sporting events without the BS that goes along with Bell/Robers customer service, as for your local channels nothing a good powered antenna won't fix I've had this setup going now for over 2 years and it's been working great.

[right][snapback]193253[/snapback][/right]

Is this 'stealing' sattelite?

Cuz me being an employee of Bell....I kind of want to lead by example.
w1nnar!

Dont you remmeber all those commercials about stealing sattelite... :ph34r:
I would never suggest stealing from Bell a Canadian company that is a big NO NO that could lead to a $5000.00 fine and possible jail time. What I'm doing is grabbing Dish Network wich is a US company and has less legal ramifications at worst it's grey market and still could lead to a small fine if I'm caught but not as deadly as stealing the Bell signal.

Thrust me you wouldn't be the 1st Bell/Rogers employee to do something like this, I know plenty of Bell employees getting internet/satellite tv/phone for free and a few Robers employees getting cable and internet for free. But if you are am employee in good standing I wouldn't do it as it could prejudise your employment.

I've always hated AOL... used to use the cd's are coasters on my desk... I had so many, taking them from all the stores to keep them off the shelves and distribute damaged cd's to my friends as cup holders, ahh... fun times! :lol:

But that's bs eh Flo! A prick rep called us weeks ago and tried forever to get us hooked up with all the Bell services as we're with a local MountainCable company for out internet/digital tv, and Bell with out phone... thank god we didn't connect those services up, MountainCable is just fine.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 15 2006, 12:27 PM Wrote:Cable TV FTW. Had my faulty cable modem replaced last week for my Internet. Tech showed up, told him to go ahead and test the signal but I'd need a replacement. He tested it for his end of things, and then gave me the new modem. :)

[right][snapback]193247[/snapback][/right]
What service are you on and what tier?

I get 105 KB/s upload on Rogers zOMGEXTREME High Speed (it needs to be faster).

I'd rather have 1.5/1.5 than 6/0.8

Edit: I remember when I got those AOL CDs in the mail I'd just use them as bad frizbees. And this one time, I threw it up in the air, and it never came back down. I swear, I looked all over for it, I didn't even throw it that hard. It just disappeared.
I like my Bell DSL, I just hate the provider.

Bell is the Biggest POS I've ever heard.

1. They screw up my payments all the time. I had to call them on 5 separate occasions to correct my bill.

2. Modem Rental. Biggest POS Idea. I told the rep, you either let me buy out the modem and charge me the reduced rate, or I cancel my account. Now they just give me a credit (to which they screw up once in a while).

3. Bell Expressvu, outages happen all the time. It rarely works. I keep telling my dad, "What's better, watching a black TV, constantly fixing a s***ty dish to get crap reception, or telling Bell to F*** off and getting cable.

When I get my new place, its probably gonna be Cogeco cable internet and VOIP. I'll get my TV fixes from Shareaza, The Pirate Bay and Youtube.

GOD BLESS YOUTUBE! B)
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 15 2006, 09:35 PM Wrote:I like my Bell DSL, I just hate the provider.

Bell is the Biggest POS I've ever heard.

1.  They screw up my payments all the time.  I had to call them on 5 separate occasions to correct my bill.

2.  Modem Rental.  Biggest POS Idea.  I told the rep, you either let me buy out the modem and charge me the reduced rate, or I cancel my account.  Now they just give me a credit (to which they screw up once in a while).

3.  Bell Expressvu, outages happen all the time.  It rarely works.  I keep telling my dad, "What's better, watching a black TV, constantly fixing a s***ty dish to get crap reception, or telling Bell to F*** off and getting cable.

When I get my new place, its probably gonna be Cogeco cable internet and VOIP.  I'll get my TV fixes from Shareaza, The Pirate Bay and Youtube.

GOD BLESS YOUTUBE! B)
[right][snapback]193370[/snapback][/right]

If u want DSL... There are some good alternatives to Bellus. Rogers (the former Sprint/Callnet) has DSL but its limited availability. I'd probaly recommend for you to go with Ontario DSL, 3mbits for under $30 bux taxes incl. they even offer dry loop. they never gave me a problem, even when I told then I was cancelling with them on good terms cus I'm switching to the Rogers Employee internet rates.

uses the same dslam as bell, but not the nexxia backbone... so your pings and other factors are different, i never had any downtime in the 2 years i was with them, the only problem was I was still using the sh*tty bell provided dsl modem, once i switched it to a speed stream and ran over the bell modem with my car, had no more problems
Aka,Jun 15 2006, 06:59 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 15 2006, 12:27 PM Wrote:Cable TV FTW. Had my faulty cable modem replaced last week for my Internet. Tech showed up, told him to go ahead and test the signal but I'd need a replacement. He tested it for his end of things, and then gave me the new modem. :)

[right][snapback]193247[/snapback][/right]
What service are you on and what tier?

I get 105 KB/s upload on Rogers zOMGEXTREME High Speed (it needs to be faster).

I'd rather have 1.5/1.5 than 6/0.8

Edit: I remember when I got those AOL CDs in the mail I'd just use them as bad frizbees. And this one time, I threw it up in the air, and it never came back down. I swear, I looked all over for it, I didn't even throw it that hard. It just disappeared.
[right][snapback]193336[/snapback][/right]

I've got Cogeco's standard Internet feed, which is 7Mbit down and 640Kbit up.

Got this the other day downloading Prey... which sucked, incidentally.

[Image: Newspeed.jpg]

That's with a 256Kbit QoS bandwidth reservation for my VoIP service.
K_OS,Jun 15 2006, 04:46 PM Wrote:Screw Bell and Robers why not just get a Free To Air Satellite receiver point a 18" dish at Dish Network down in the US and you will have over 400 channels including PPV movies and sporting events without the BS that goes along with Bell/Robers customer service, as for your local channels nothing a good powered antenna won't fix I've had this setup going now for over 2 years and it's been working great.

[right][snapback]193253[/snapback][/right]

Pansat and Fortec FTW!
This has been totally whored. :rolleyes: