FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hood Is On, Car Is Back, Pics Are Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the hood is on and I fairly happy with it. I got it from Steeda in FL, but its actually made by Fiber Images. Quality seems decents, seems to be a small flaw in one spot, and it sits a little high just behind the drivers side headlight but other than that its good. Only thing I need to worry about now is the washer nozzles. I hope to mount them in the cowel at the base of the windshield. I would have prefered a better known name like VIS or Seibon, but I was in a rush and this was the only hood I could find that was in stock. Comments (good or bad) or questions welcome. And if anyone has any good advice for caring for CF, please let me know as this is my first experience with it.

[Image: th_DSCF0135.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0137-1.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0117-1.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0116-1.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0115-1.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0121.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0120.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0119.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0118.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF0097.jpg]

*EDIT* Maybe this should be in the "From the street" section. Meh....
Looks good. I like it. Very clean and not all riced out.
Looks sweet, I was thinking it was that one with the gills/etc they used to have on their project focus a while back, glad that it isn't :)

Mind I ask how much it was?

01-yellow-ZX3

Looks good Paul!
looks great!
let me know what it cost you
Looks really good.. I think the OEM style is the best hood for the Focus. Are the edges rolled?
Looks good.
Looks really nice, how well does it close?. I just ordered a cf hood today myself B).
Thanks for the great feedback guys, I didn't want anything with a lot of scoops or gills, I considered the invader style, but that would have been a last resort. The OEM look was what I was after from the begining.
-The hood was $599 USD from Steeda (before any shipping charges) for those who asked.
-The hood closes good, and is only slightly more difficult than the stock hood was.
-I'm not sure if the edges are rolled or not. I came across this term while researching hoods but didn't see any examples of what this looks like and I don't have anything else to compare it to, but if I had to guess I would say no.

This isn't something I would have gone out and done on my own, but about 4 weeks ago I rearended somebody and the hood was wrecked. I though I might as well make the best of a bad situation, and took the money I got from insurance to replace the hood and put it towards this.
Looks nice and clean. Thumbs up!
rolled edges are exactly that. at the edges they are either; rolled to offer a nice smooth radius or cut and have a sharp edge.

rolled edges are usually a sign of a decent quality hood while cut edges are a sign of junk, cheaply made and usually bad fitment.

FI hoods are known to be very nice hoods.
ZX3TUNING,Jun 15 2006, 02:50 PM Wrote:rolled edges are exactly that. at the edges they are either; rolled to offer a nice smooth radius or cut and have a sharp edge.

rolled edges are usually a sign of a decent quality hood while cut edges are a sign of junk, cheaply made and usually bad fitment.

FI hoods are known to be very nice hoods.
[right][snapback]193306[/snapback][/right]

The edges are definatley cut then, they are not rolled at all. For a second I thought maybe the hood was a knock off, but is says Fiber Images in a stylized writing the top of the hood in very suttly raised clear coat. And there is a rivited on serial number on the underside of the hood. I googled fiber Images, but it seems you need a password to access their website.
mmmmm ...tasty.

Looks good mang!
Not bad... I was searching for a CF hood but, stopped when I realized how much of a shortage there really is... FI is a good brand but, they do have markers to show what a knock off is and is not..

Glad you like it...
How did you transport that bad boy?. Just curious, cause when i pick mine up I was hoping to get in the back of the hatch.
Thanks for all the comments guys, for vealzx3 I just had it delivered straight to the body shop were my car was being done so I never had to worry about fiting it inside the hatch.
dang......looks of the hizzzy
Looks good!!!