FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: T-stat Housing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am on my way to work this morning and I noticed a slight smell for anit-freeze in the air. I was following an old POS chevy truck so I didn't think much about it. I park at work and go in. At lunch I go out and I notice a rather large puddle under my car and think "Great, just what I need right now". I drive home for a bite and when I get there I open the hood and there is coolant running down the block along the seam where it mounts to the tranny and dripping at the back close to the oil pan. So I call the dealer and tell them I am bringing it in for service. I drop it off and sure enough it is the T-stat housing.

2 Hours later it is done and it didn't cost a cent due to my extended warranty. So I am all good, or so I thought. I get on the hiway and head out to Scarlem to have dinner with my GF. Pull in the drive way and notice a trail of coolant following me. DAMMIT!!! I say along with a few other choice words. I have yet to open the hood but as soon as it cools at bit I am going out to see what they forgot to tighten.

I will post my findings in a few minutes. I am going to see what is wrong now.
So of course I waited to long to check where the leak was. It had cooled down enough to stop dripping. I couldn't even see any wetness on the block. I will have to go for a drive and see what I can find.
i had a similar problem before and all it was the t-stat screws were loose.

and after that no problems :D
Here's what you do. Heat the engine up real good, then when u pop the hood somehow burn your hands and sue ford. :D

Nah just kidding

But my guess prolly bad seal on tstat or loose.
Ok, just got back from a tour. Went to the gas station and then to DQ and got something different. :P It was good and warm when we got back. I could smell it all the way. Popped the hood and looked under the car and there was nothing. I think it must have been just some excess coolant spilling out as I pulled into the drive way, and the excess burning off the block. I am going to clean the engine this weekend and see where I stand. But after tonight I think everything is going to be fine.

Problem solved.... I hope :ph34r: