FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nef, This Is For You!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nautilus Performance Group is finalizing a kit for the Fusions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcwX_9urek0

Joey is the guy in charge of this and his last comment was

"The car is making 10 psi from 1300 rpms to 6300 rpms the car is really quick we have it detuned right now for this road trip and the car is moving 38 lbs a minute of air do the math the tranny is holding up great shifting very good and strong. We have some vids I will upload tomorrow I am tired the car left before I could get the dyno he had to get to a location ASAP so he will dyno the car in CA after we move up the timing the car is running 6* of timing and could use 6* more once we have time to tune it more.

then

I was able to take some videos of us tuning the car is was not all out wide open but it was a quick sprint shots. We have the car detuned for the road trip like 8 degrees of timing but the car is still fast for sure, enjoy the video"

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/
400hp?! And it sounds awesome!
That's pretty cool. Too bad it wasn't a turbo.
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 10 2010, 02:02 PM Wrote:That's pretty cool.  Too bad it wasn't a turbo.
[right][snapback]304898[/snapback][/right]

They make turbokits as well, but this is their newest project they are working on :lol:
I've been following that projects progress on one of the Fusion boards.

With the AWD hardware being only able to handle 350hp max I'd have to have it detuned a tad but it would sure punch a nice extra punch (But I'd also need a new hood, which would kind of ruin the "stealh killer" angle :D)

NefCanuck
I wonder if that supercharger kit works on the 3.0L in the Escape...

That'd be awesome...and yes, I know there is the Kenne Bell available in some places still for that engine...

Nice info, and nice find guys!
Drivesthebeast,Apr 11 2010, 11:39 PM Wrote:I wonder if that supercharger kit works on the 3.0L in the Escape...

That'd be awesome...and yes, I know there is the Kenne Bell available in some places still for that engine...

Nice info, and nice find guys!
[right][snapback]304946[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm ... isn't the Escape engine oriented north/south vs. east/west for FWD? Seems to me it would have to be virtually a whole different setup.
escapes are built as FWD orientation with a 4wd tranny if optioned i believe.
GFXjamie,Apr 11 2010, 11:49 PM Wrote:escapes are built as FWD orientation with a 4wd tranny if optioned i believe.
[right][snapback]304952[/snapback][/right]
Just googled some photos and you are right sir - I stand corrected.

O/T - I wonder if the engine cover from an Escape Hybrid could be modified to fit a Focus Duratec?
very very nice. If this does fit the escape it would be pretty much the only option available. Kenne bells haven't been made for the escape for more than 5 years, iirc they only were around 1-2 years until they got pulled(the kit that is).

I call bulls*** on the 400HP tho.. At 400HP those tires should light up, I don' thear any of that when this guy is on the throttle.

Yeah, but I know that some FWD cars with too much HP and not having a LSD they would just hop the axles and make the car swerve left and right without spinning the tires...I remember my friends dad had a Dodge Stealth that suffered from this very badly...

I wouldn't really bother with boosting my Escape anyways...pretty much the only other mods I might do, is to put the bigger rims from the explorer sport track or something similar on it, with some summer or A/S tires, and keep the 16's for the winter. Might also replace some of the factory stereo with aftermarket too as it wears out (or if my wife blows it up...lol).

I think Ford is waiting to see how well the current 2010+ Fusion Sport does, and iirc think they have short term plans to put the Ecoboost in it eventually to make an ST or SVT type model...
hardk0re,Apr 12 2010, 07:40 AM Wrote:very very nice.  If this does fit the escape it would be pretty much the only option available.  Kenne bells haven't been made for the escape for more than 5 years, iirc they only were around 1-2 years until they got pulled(the kit that is).

I call bulls*** on the 400HP tho.. At 400HP those tires should light up, I don' thear any of that when this guy is on the throttle.
[right][snapback]304965[/snapback][/right]

Bear in mind he's not running a fully tuned car either (Right now it's being run in a ver conservative mode while they sort out everything) though I have my doubts about a final number of 400HP as well to be perfectly honest.

Hell, get it to 325HP safely and reliably and I'll start saving my pennies because adding one hundred HP over a stock V6 would make that car fly (and with AWD? Can we say "Track Monster"? :lol:)

NefCanuck