FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Soccer V. All Other Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, with the World Cup on I've decided to make an 'official' poll.
unfortunately it's not 'all other sports' simply because that includes baseball, golf and ballroom dancing.
but you get the idea.
Too generalized.

I love soccer as my "summer sport", but it can't compete with hockey for the other half of the year.

Maybe revise the poll to "Soccer vs. all other summer sports"?

I'll vote soccer on that premise, actually :D
Yeah I have no idea what to pick there.. I love soccer.

but "all other sports" includes what was mentioned above.. can't put hockey, baseball, basketball, badminton, (and if you watch ESPN, the world poker tour [i guess that is a sport now]), into the same category.
I can rspect the fitness of a pro soccer player. But I think they are the biggest pussies on the face of the earth.
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2006, 08:49 AM Wrote:I can rspect the fitness of a pro soccer player. But  I think they are the biggest pussies on the face of the earth.
[right][snapback]192925[/snapback][/right]

great acting skills tho.
^^^My point exactly.

A faggot soccer player gets nicked in the foot, goes down and rolls around like he just stepped on a land mine....has the trainer come out, rub some "majic sponge" on his foot, carry him off on a stretcher and he's out 2 min. later. scores a goal and the sprints the field ripping his shirt off. What happened to the amputated foot you just had a minute ago???? :rolleyes:

Pansies.
^^Agreed on that point for sure. That's decidedly not the way I play, nor the way I like to watch the game being played.
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2006, 08:55 AM Wrote:Pansies.
[right][snapback]192929[/snapback][/right]

My thoughts exactly. IMO it isn't a sport unless it involves a big peice of wood and some balls (or pucks).
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 14 2006, 10:09 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2006, 08:55 AM Wrote:Pansies.
[right][snapback]192929[/snapback][/right]
IMO it isn't a sport unless it involves a big peice of wood and some balls[right][snapback]192951[/snapback][/right]

Dude... I had NO idea. :o
all other sports just because that includes Hockey and Skateboarding :D
The acting is the bs part of the sport, but it's just way better than hockey and the bs that happens on the ice, and sometimes off.

Eg: Totti's fall was pretty bad, and that was no act.

In general, soccer is my fav sport, to watch and play, it just doesn't get boring.
euro_zx5,Jun 14 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:The acting is the bs part of the sport, but it's just way better than hockey and the bs that happens on the ice, and sometimes off.

[right][snapback]192977[/snapback][/right]

You must be kidding?

Hockey players take 120 mile an hour slapshots to the chest and keep playing!

A soccer player get's a cleat to the heel and he dies.
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2006, 12:03 PM Wrote:Hockey players take 120 mile an hour slapshots to the chest and keep playing!

A soccer player get's a cleat to the heel and he dies.
[right][snapback]192985[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
Well I can't compare that well I guess, but i'm pretty sure the hockey players are all suited up...
euro_zx5,Jun 14 2006, 12:11 PM Wrote:Well I can't compare that well I guess, but i'm pretty sure the hockey players are all suited up...
[right][snapback]192989[/snapback][/right]

Go take a look at some of thier teeth.....err lack of teeth.

They get a puck in the face, in the knee, in the chin, chest....whatever....they get sent to the dressing room for stiches and theyre out the next shift.
euro_zx5,Jun 14 2006, 12:11 PM Wrote:Well I can't compare that well I guess, but i'm pretty sure the hockey players are all suited up...
[right][snapback]192989[/snapback][/right]

Ask Bobby Clarke who's tougher.

[Image: clarke-727425.jpg]

Apparently the player in white later died from his injuries :rolleyes:

[Image: thumb2.jpg]
[Image: 060702-soccer-fear.jpg]

Sissies!!!!
it was quickie poll that was made.

but soccer player are a bunch of sissies. a puck shot at your skate hard enough can break the bones in your foot. it hurts more than anyone stepping on it with a clet. had a few pucks hit my foot, and it was painful as hell to take a skate off. let alone getting a puck in the face, can't imagine that.

lacrosse, has all the elments of soccer/hockey/football/rugby. was better than soccer, i've had the soccer v. all other sport before, its gotten out of hand.

Pages: 1 2 3