FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Et For Atari 2600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

From Wikipedia:

"Atari optimistically had produced 5 million cartridges, half as many
as there were Atari game consoles in existence at the time. There is
an urban legend that Atari secretly buried the millions of unsold
cartridges in a landfill near Alamogordo, New Mexico in 1983 [2],
though both Howard Scott Warshaw and Ray Kassar dispute this."

Turns out the rumour was true:

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp
Yeah, I remember that game. What a turd. I must've been 6, we were so excited when my friend got it, but we only played it a few times it sucked so hard.
after spending my hard earned allowance on that piece of crap I never bought another game based on a movie after that.

Laterz :)
asteroids / space invaders FTW!
Bought that game on closeout for $5CDN way back when (that's about all it was worth too, original list was I think $49.95CDN at the time of the movie's release)

NefCanuck
predator sucked too...
GO INTELLIVISION!!!! :lol:

I still remember the crap racing games... God they sucked!
Good God, i'm glad I wasn't the only one that bought that crappy game!

Preferred Keystone Kapers, the original Pitfall, Yars Revenge....
Was that the one where you had to go around and collect pieces of the ship or something? And walk around holes.. I think my older brother had that game when it was out. Not the best example of Atari games..
guilty,Jun 9 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:Was that the one where you had to go around and collect pieces of the ship or something?  And walk around holes.. I think my older brother had that game when it was out.  Not the best example of Atari games..
[right][snapback]192208[/snapback][/right]

That's the one yeah. Hell there was stuff just as bad though. I remember the Atari 2600 cart based on the movie PORKY'S! What a pathetic thing that was <_<

NefCanuck