FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Living In Thunder Bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its been busy, with the move and school, but i made the move and im now living in thunder bay ontario!!!

Any members here living in Tbay?

Dont know many ppl here, if so, anyone up for a cold one?
My son just started at Nipissing.
OAC_Sparky,Sep 7 2009, 05:49 PM Wrote:My son just started at Nipissing.
[right][snapback]293881[/snapback][/right]

Wrong Bay... Unless Nipissing U has a campus I don't know about.
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 7 2009, 05:26 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]293882[/snapback][/right]
Sorry, misread it as North Bay. Which is a popular subject here lol.
I don't live in TB, but travel there a lot for work. Next visit is going to be on Sept 16, 17 i think.
OAC_Sparky,Sep 7 2009, 07:40 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 7 2009, 05:26 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]293882[/snapback][/right]
Sorry, misread it as North Bay. Which is a popular subject here lol.
[right][snapback]293885[/snapback][/right]

When you start seeing lots of CC bills from "The Wall", that's the neighbourhood Home Depot outlet. Keep sending money. :lol: :rofl:
Hope you plan on parking the Focus in the winter months. The snow can get quite deep up there.
I'm from Thunder Bay (living in Toronto now).. I go up there once or twice a year to visit family and friends, but won't be back up there till Christmas time.

Here's my 5 cent guide to living in TBay..

Eats:
Taco Time (kicks Taco Bell in the ass.. go for the Super Burrito or crispy meat burritos)
McKellar Confectionary
Hoito for breakfast
A persian from The Persian Man

$10 pitchers of MGD are served at the Wayland Tavern -- if you don't mind old guys and mill workers singing kaeroke and the stale beer smell in the rug, it's a good time.

Caesar's place does awesome panzerotti, and the Golden Bakery does awesome, cheap pizzas.

If you ride a bike...
Petries and Fresh Air Experience are the places to go. Cyclepath ain't bad either.

and the bad news...

If you need your ford serviced, watch out for Pinewood Ford Mercury. Like some shops in TBay, they're virtually criminal. They should not be trusted to use OEM parts at any time (they will often use OEM-like parts, but that won't be warrantied anywhere else without a fight).

If you're out walking around at night and get approached by a group of natives, plan your exit strategy... especially in the Northwood/westfort/victoria/simpson st. areas -- there's been a lot of swarmings, and Thunder Bay now tops the list for most murders per capita... and they tend to happen in or around these areas.

All in all, I love the city, but it's gone through some changes that haven't made it better.... if you're going to school there, you'll love how there's always a bar that's good to go to every night of the week and the beer is cheap.

oh yeah.. apparently, there's only one strip joint operating in town -- Centerfolds. It's a good party, Saturday nights are the time to go.

Hope you enjoy your stay there -- I'll be up around Christmas to check on ya :P

and one more thing... watch your body kit in the winter. A lowered focus won't have any troubles in TBay in the winter -- as long as you can dodge the occasional chunks of brown ice that fall off of vehicles -- they're soft in Souther Ontario, but effing hard in Northern Ontario.
When in T-Bay: "Don't just take a taxi; take a Roach"

;)
2001 ZTS,Sep 8 2009, 09:56 PM Wrote:When in T-Bay: "Don't just take a taxi; take a Roach"

;)
[right][snapback]293957[/snapback][/right]

Haha!... true dat!

Oh, Andrew, if you're ever in TBay, you should check out Scuttlebutts... attached to the Victoria Inn on Arthur St.. The girls are pretty fresh there.
i think i seen you driving down memorial a couple times.
darkpuppet,Sep 8 2009, 07:40 PM Wrote:$10 pitchers of MGD [right][snapback]293936[/snapback][/right]
:wub:
Flofocus,Feb 24 2010, 02:14 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Sep 8 2009, 07:40 PM Wrote:$10 pitchers of MGD [right][snapback]293936[/snapback][/right]
:wub:
[right][snapback]302041[/snapback][/right]

Horrible news.. the Wayland closed before Christmas... had to find a new place to go drinking...
haha wayland smells like piss anyways
smells likepiss, sticky floors? sounds like my kind of s***hole!
darkpuppet,Sep 9 2009, 09:10 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 8 2009, 09:56 PM Wrote:When in T-Bay: "Don't just take a taxi; take a Roach"

;)
[right][snapback]293957[/snapback][/right]

Haha!... true dat!

Oh, Andrew, if you're ever in TBay, you should check out Scuttlebutts... attached to the Victoria Inn on Arthur St.. The girls are pretty fresh there.
[right][snapback]293987[/snapback][/right]

Scuttles is the place to be on saturdays! Hodder on Wednesdays!
Sorry to resurrect an old tread from the dead...

But I can't get over that there's only one? strip club in Thunder Bay?
There were four or five when I left. I guess lots of mill workers don't have the spending money they once did. Maybe bikers drove the rest out of town?
(05-28-2010, 02:26 PM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to resurrect an old tread from the dead...

There were four or five when I left. I guess lots of mill workers don't have the spending money they once did. Maybe bikers drove the rest out of town?

Up there, you can only find enough good looking women with all their teeth to staff one club.
(05-29-2010, 12:20 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2010, 02:26 PM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to resurrect an old tread from the dead...

Up there, you can only find enough good looking women with all their teeth to staff one club.

After leaving 'Uncle Sam's' nightclub, an old drunken woman who was probably kick out of the West Hotel offered her 'services'.
"$40"
Ummm, no thanks.
"Howabut $20?"
Ummm, no, no thanks.
Well how about for some smokes?
Ummm, sorry I don't smoke.

And no, she wasn't even close to having all her teeth.
^^I rest my case. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2