FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best "safe" Car Wash Soap For Home... Period
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found out last night that the summer car shows are back at Crappy Tire this year. I didn't enter the car last night as the exterior is disgusting right now, but I want to have it ready for next Tuesday.

What's the best soap to get rid of all that wonderful crud we accumulate? Extra consideration for bugs?

I've got good "real" shammies, could use a recommendation on the softest setup for washing the car down thought.

I wish I had the camera last night... the turnout was truly impressive. Best I've seen yet for a season-opening car show for us.

Thanks

Adam
yo..

try meguiars gold class car wash soap..

simoniz is good..

palmolive dish soap also works well on cars..
microbunny,Jun 7 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:palmolive dish soap also works well on cars..
[right][snapback]191809[/snapback][/right]

:blink: No way!

I use Armor All Cold Car Wash, the blue stuff.
Dish soap is useless ..... unless you want to remove all of the wax - then its the best !! The Meguiars pink stuff is excellent and this week its HALF PRICE at CT !!! $5 for a big jug - excellent deal
I use the simoniz purple stuff that has teflon in it.
microbunny,Jun 7 2006, 10:38 AM Wrote:palmolive dish soap also works well on cars..
[right][snapback]191809[/snapback][/right]

As long as its your first step into getting a really dirty car that has been sitting forever with like mold and s*** growing on it.... or a whiteght car that is really dirty or has grease/tars on it... I prefer sunlight... cuts harder, but then its not as nice on the hands :fag:
dlb,Jun 7 2006, 02:13 PM Wrote:Dish soap is useless ..... unless you want to remove all of the wax - then its the best !! The Meguiars pink stuff is excellent and this week its HALF PRICE at CT !!! $5 for a big jug - excellent deal
[right][snapback]191858[/snapback][/right]

This is the one I use when I don't wash at work :P

[Image: product_A2516.jpg]
I've tried the Meguiars stuff, but there is one that I've settled on for now. It's the DuPont wash. I guess their claim is that there is teflon in the wash... in any case, it makes washing the bugs off the front of my car a whole lot easier the next time around.
Meguiars Soft Wash is what I used to use, now I just use the Meguiars Deep Crystal soap. I buy bulk when they're on sale, so maybe next year i'll need to buy some more... and in that case, i've been seeing a lot of Meguiars Gold Class car wash at Part Source, so that could be my next choice.
I tend to stay away from things with teflon, silicones, and waxes in them... they make wax for waxing.. and i do that... why pile on layers of other crap that may or may not work with it...
I bought and used the new RainX car wash, it's great to use ( though I have not washed the car in a while ) it uses the same formula that the RainX for the Windows almost, it's cool in the rain as most of the water keeps rolling off the car.

Mr. Clean Car wash works well too, my dad uses on the '66 Mustang all the time, it's cool because after it rains the car dose the same trick when you rince the car off after you wash it.
My 2 cents worth here is , NEVER TOUCH YOUR CAR, or touch it the least amount possible. Every time you touch it especially to wash it with a sponge or mitt or whatever you choose , you take that dirt on the paint and rub it right in , and the water and soap just acts as a lubricant and helps the dirt cut the paint even more.

If my car is really dirty , i just take it to the coin wash with the pressure washers and blast that thing. Best idea to strip the car of hard dirt bugs and grease is to wash it often so that crap doesnt accumulate, also use the DEGREASER setting on the car wash , might say wheel and tire cleaner or engine degreaser on it , it wont harm the paint , let it sit for a bout a min or 2 and then wash the carr with the soa dna water and rinse etc, that gets 99.9 % of the junk off and then you're ready to wax providing you use a paint cleaner first , eg any multistep wax system where you need to use a cutting compound on the paint , then a polish then a wax , best results that last and always impress.
Lots of work but what you put into it , you get out in the end
You must be using some sweet ass pressure washers or your not driving your car in real dirty areas. I need to wash with a mit, pressure wash will not even come close to getting the crap off my car.