FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rotors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With 58,000km on the car I will soon need new pad and rotors what kind of price am I looking at for rotors and pads? This is a street only car but would like something a little better than stock. Was thinking about brembo blanks don't really care if there are drilled or not. Where in Canada could I get these? When I look online I only see the drilled one's. I have seen them on ebay are they the same ones I could pick up from an autoparts store?

Thanks
Brembos, drilled or not, are a great choice. I had a set of drilled brembos cadmium coated and shipped to my door for something like $179 from Knights auto. While that isn't cheap, the discs are excellent and cheaper then buying from Ford.
Crappy tire has drilled and vented rotors on sale now, I got mine for just over $270. I'm not sure of the name of the rotors but they are on sale this month and they are called the street tuning type, you save 40% off them.
I got mine for ~~$170 tax in. Brembos, drilled with PBR simi pad. Search ebay, there is a reseller call etop line which located in Scar.
i had brembo blanks (NOT drilled or slotted) and hawk hps pads on both my focus and my integra. i like them a lot. much less dusting than stock from those hawk pads.

personally i would not purchase drilled or slotted rotors unless they were a OE part on the vehicle
Just installed a set of Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors and a set of EBC Green Stuff Pads! Purchased both off eBay! Paid $85.00 US for the brakes and $65.00 US for the pads. Shipping was between $20.00-30.00 US. The brakes came from a Canadian company and the pads are from the US. You do the math on the currency exchange, I got a good deal! No duty! ;)

Brakes

I just got all the spindles, hubs, rotors, pads, callipers and lines off a wrecked SVT Focus with almost no wear on them for $360 shipped to my door. Should do a little better than the stock setup.
Why are these drilled brembo rotors on ebay so much cheaper than a few online places like tirerack.com for example? Do these guys just buy the blanks and then drill them themselfs? I was looking at a set on ebay and they are like $95cnd plus shipping while on tirerack.com they are $187us plus shipping a pair. Over twice as much.
2 reasons...

1. they are blanks that were drilled

2. they are not brembo rotors, just reboxed cheap asian rotors that were drilled.

True brembo rotors are drilled in line with the internal vanes....
Thanks thats what I though.