FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's That Time... Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The sedan's in getting the S2 suspension and new Eibach anti-sway bolted on. After that, it'll be much better for damping and corner carving. :D

Also, when they called me this morning to tell me they had it all apart, both springs were borked in the front... which could have been the sound I heard the last little while that I posted about last week. It makes sense when you think about it.

I really can't wait for this... so much anticipation! :D :lol:
All hail the suspension gods for making the Focus a natural Corner Carver!

"Bows and says we're not worthy!"
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 6 2006, 05:56 PM Wrote:The sedan's in getting the S2 suspension and new Eibach anti-sway bolted on. After that, it'll be much better for damping and corner carving. :D

[right][snapback]191656[/snapback][/right]

why do you need a beefed up suspension to go 40km/h in a school zone?!?!

:ph34r:
I was going to bash the spi saying it doesn't need the extra cornering since it can't go fast enuff to get the G's but I decided against that. Instead I say Gratz on the new suspension. :D

J/Kin on the whole spi thing :D. Figure'd I would take a page from the book of Meford
Congrats on the suspension man, i'm sure you will have alot of fun with that :)
New Foci parts are the best thing ever, I always get excited when I put something new on my car.
nass,Jun 6 2006, 05:19 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 6 2006, 05:56 PM Wrote:The sedan's in getting the S2 suspension and new Eibach anti-sway bolted on. After that, it'll be much better for damping and corner carving. :D

[right][snapback]191656[/snapback][/right]

why do you need a beefed up suspension to go 40km/h in a school zone?!?!

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]191696[/snapback][/right]

It's those parking lot ramps... pure murder. :o

It's in... it rocks. Dang. Never thought it would make THAT much of a difference. Wow.

Note the total lack of my usual blabbing.

Mad props to Hardk0re... the S2 suspension and 21mm Eibach (22?) front anti-sway were meant to be together.

I think it's 22mm actually cause the stock S2 was 21mm in the front or somesuch. All I know is that after initial roll, which isn't much... blammo. Kills roll dead.

Love it love it love it love it.

Oh, and the dealer confirmed an earlier thought... the clunk WAS two broken springs, hence the identical noise on either side of the car.
Nice work Adam.

Does it sit any different?
The S2 suspension is supposed to be a superior european tuned suspension. The sway bars should help in the corners too. I am sure that it is far better than the stock suspension, especially one with broken front springs.

However, from the few pictures that I've seen S2s in stock form (Hardcore's, S2's), the S2 suspension did not appear to sit any lower than stock springs. The hatchback's short body made it look like it was sitting tall. It may look different on the longer body sedan though.

Let's see some pics.
I can vouch that the car sat real high, BUT I will say that it did handle better than the stock suspension setup even though it appears to sit higher.....
should have gone with the SVT suspension
It does sit a tad higher, but the actual turn-in feels better. The guys at Stockfish did a great job once again indulging my crazy custom ideas.

Seriously, after the initial inevitable bit of body roll (which is much less than stock) while approaching a good stiff left-hander @ 40KM/H... that's it. It bites down, and increased steering input just ratchets the car around the corner.

It's WAY less floaty now. Not sure if it was Anthony or Puppet who made the "cloud" analogy but was it ever accurate.

It's interesting to note that the front spring rates are indeed "lower" than the stock SE sedan springs, but you'd never know it.

I checked it out last night on FJ - stock front anti-sway is 18mm, new bar is 22mm.

Even if it doeesn't settle down much more from where it is now... at least I have the "S2" look :D