FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Exhausts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few months ago I put my old brullen back on, sold my perfectly fine MBRP just because the brullen was better flowing and I just couldn't take the sound of the MBRP anymore. The brullen when on flowed real nice, but I had some ticking that I just couldn't solve.

Went to an exhaust shop today...It just looks like the exhaust crumbled. All the joints are blowing, and the seals on the muffs are leaking. Sort of odd that when you look at it while the car isn't running everything looks fine, but when its running you can feel the wind big time.

OK, so now I feel like a dork, my exhaust was fine, and now I basically have a pile of junk...well it still sounds better than the MBRP but meh.

I'm weighing the cost of bying a new catback, given the price I had from the exhaust shop to weld in a new magnaflow resonator and muffler, I think its about as much as a whole catback system that I can bolt on myself....

Anybody here bought a magnaflow and got a good price on it lately? I think I remember someone here did.

MBRP is completely out of the question, I just don't like the sound of their exhaust, it makes my head hurt.
Your Brullen is quieter than your MBRP?

Your MBRP must have been stupid loud, because when we left one of those Massiv meets a few weeks back when you had the Brullen, I was behind you as you accellerated on to the 401 and it was pretty loud. It was so loud that as you took off down the highway I could still hear you modulating your throttle over half a kilometre away, even over my loud setup (Borla, SVT header)!
I'm not saying I'm quiet! LOL..I would he happy to go quieter, but yes the MBRP was much louder...hard to believe, but yes.

ask puppet if he is willing to part with the exhasut he never put on his car but is sitting in his storage area. I'm pretty sure you'll kiss me later. Great exhaust. If he ever put it on his freakin car.
I have no idea how people can say that the MBRP is either loud or doesn't sound good. My car almost sounds like a VR6 Golf GTi with the MBRP on it with no header. It also isn't loud. Yeah, it drones somewhat at 3K, but it drops when you shift up, or go faster...It also sounds beefy, not just to me, but to most people who hear it...

Try out a borla or a focussport one then...or even the bosal one...
Drivesthebeast,Jun 6 2006, 04:20 PM Wrote:I have no idea how people can say that the MBRP is either loud or doesn't sound good.  My car almost sounds like a VR6 Golf GTi with the MBRP on it with no header.  It also isn't loud.  Yeah, it drones somewhat at 3K, but it drops when you shift up, or go faster...It also sounds beefy, not just to me, but to most people who hear it...

Try out a borla or a focussport one then...or even the bosal one...
[right][snapback]191691[/snapback][/right]

A race header and changing out the stock cat will drastically change the volume and tone of the exhaust, especially at WOT.

Here's my car before the header, it was so quiet you could hear that whinning thingy:

before race header

After installing the header the volume way up and the tone definitely different, more WAAAAH less whine (see signature.)
Big question is, was it the 1st or the 2nd generation MBRP?

I don't find mine overly loud, aside from the aforementioned drone at 3k. Putting on a header/racepipe/flex this weekend... we'll see how much louder it gets.
Ya I got Hardkore's MBRP on my car with a 4-2-1 Race Header behind it and believe me its LOUD. Ask Sundown, hes not to sure which is louder, the exhaust or my stereo. As for the guy that was selling a MAGNAFLOW catback for $200 that was me! But someone else bought it about 3 days after I recieved my MBRP. We could have done a straight trade like I offered before Hardkore! Shoulda taken it ;)
j/k Just buggin ya. But seriously go for a Borla, that would sound awsome on your car.
Kevin, Your Heard my Car, I think the MBRP sounds great,

But its Freaking loud with a No cat and a 4-1 header
I got a focussport stealth on the way, thanks ZX3Tuning :)
Chromey,Jun 21 2006, 10:27 PM Wrote:Kevin, Your Heard my Car, I think the MBRP sounds great,

[right][snapback]194606[/snapback][/right]

try no cat and a long tube header...then tell me if its still "loud" lol
I wanna have Kevins Money And Wife.

My Wife Flips if thiers a 10$ Charge from PE
ZX5focused,Jun 22 2006, 12:25 PM Wrote:
Chromey,Jun 21 2006, 10:27 PM Wrote:Kevin, Your Heard my Car, I think the MBRP sounds great,

[right][snapback]194635[/snapback][/right]

Long tube, 4-2-1, 4-1, race header are all the same thing.
No they aren't, at least not chromeys, his is a shorty look alike header with something that looks like cat but is an ORP (I think).

nass,Jun 23 2006, 07:19 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]194876[/snapback][/right]
nope, so stfu!!!
;)
where's a good place(site) to buy Borla exhaust?
Performance Improvements sells Borla exhausts...not cheap tho....

I just finished installing my FocusSport Stealth exhaust, OMFG this sounds sweet. I am totally happy with the sound it makes now (the 10 minutes I test drove the car). The sound is nice and deep and i've lost all the raspy tones that usually common with race headers. I can't say more good things about this exhaust, it rocks!

Pics of the exhaust before installation:
http://www.hardkorekustomz.com/images/fsexhaust1.jpg
http://www.hardkorekustomz.com/images/fsexhaust2.jpg

hardk0re,Jul 16 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:Performance Improvements sells Borla exhausts...not cheap tho....

I just finished installing my FocusSport Stealth exhaust, OMFG this sounds sweet.  I am totally happy with the sound it makes now (the 10 minutes I test drove the car).  The sound is nice and deep and i've lost all the raspy tones that usually common with race headers.  I can't say more good things about this exhaust, it rocks!

Pics of the exhaust before installation:
http://www.hardkorekustomz.com/images/fsexhaust1.jpg
http://www.hardkorekustomz.com/images/fsexhaust2.jpg
[right][snapback]197828[/snapback][/right]

damn makes me wanna buy one :)
ZX5focused,Jun 24 2006, 12:41 AM Wrote:
nass,Jun 23 2006, 07:19 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]194876[/snapback][/right]
nope, so stfu!!!
;)
[right][snapback]195033[/snapback][/right]

Sorry take out the 4-1 cause that'll be the shorty but the others are all the same.