FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installation In Ottawa/gatineau Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations on good garages (or people) to install a PowerWorks ATX kit on my focus.

Thanks in advance,
Joseph

Ummm, I forget, but I think Campbell Ford in Ottawa is an SVT dealership, or at least a Ford Motorsport dealership. They should have at least one mechanic working there that knows how to install a S/C system. If your car has over 100K km's on it, the powertrain warranty is gone already, so you can tell them to do it, and not worry about things like that...lol. Umm, other than them, I'm not sure of really ANY tuning shops in this part of Ontario...
Hi Guys,

Just purchased the SVT suspension kit for my focus from Campbell Ford here in Ottawa and am looking for a good, reasonable ($$) place to have it installed.

Any suggestions? Where do you guys get most of your work done?

A
I got my full suspension done at KVR on Algoma, and they charged me $300 for the install!
Hey ZX3guy,

Does that include alignment? I was told by Gary's automotive that they didn't want to touch my car b/c its such a pain to align. wtf? He said they probably didnt' have enough shims. lol whatever.

A
Jive_q,Sep 6 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:Hey ZX3guy,

Does that include alignment? I was told by Gary's automotive that they didn't want to touch my car b/c its such a pain to align. wtf? He said they probably didnt' have enough shims. lol whatever.

A
[right][snapback]205756[/snapback][/right]

Frig I hate that shop. I went in for an alignment a few years ago and they pulled the same song with me. :rolleyes: If you cant align a focus that is lowered 1.5", your not getting my business. Lazy tards. :rolleyes:

For $300, that BETTER include alignment, probably doesnt though. :angry:
The alignment was and extra 139 because the car was being lowered! They did the alignment after me weekend trip to Toronto, and there wasn't much that had to be adjusted so they did a pretty good install!

But the good thing I thought was that for the $300 it didn't matter if it took them 3 hours or took them 7 hours! Just one flat rate!
I installed my Eibach ProLines myself, which is a 1.7" drop.

Dealership aligned it (4 wheel) for $110.

Steers perfect. No tre wear, 20,000Km later.
Well considering I don't have tools, a garage, or the knowledge of installing springs/shock/struts, it was easier for me just to get them to do it, and I had my car back that afternoon!

Props to you on your install though!
I got a 2" kit installed at the dealer where I work and it only took the tech 45 min . He went realy fast. When he put it on the allignment rack it only needed 1 little adjustment and it has been good so far and no uneven tire wear for 8 months. The focus is very easy to do especialy if it is new enough and no bolts are seized.
PS: Because I work at the dealership I only paid $45 for the install , 4 wheel allignment and an oil change.
what dealership do you work at? Please dont say cambell. <_<
Nope not campbell, actually I live in Cornwall and at that time I was at Miller hughes . I then went to the other dealer for a better position and they decided after me being there 3 months to shut thier doors for good and close down. So now I picked up the parts manager position with Alexandria Ford about 30 min north of Cornwall and I also get a focus wagon to drive . So it actuallyworked out pretty good. The 2005 model of the focus in my opinion is better than the older models, my dealer car is a 2001 my personal is a 2005.