FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Masiv Meet - June 12 At 8pm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MASIV MONDAY

DETAILS:
MASIV Monday #6
June 12 2006
8:00 PM
Westside Tim Horton's / Wendy's
Same spot as Meet #2 & 3

MAP Link:

http://www.yellowpages.ca/mp/ON/MISSISSA/T...0031220007.html

THE ATTENDEES ; ;
1. Frost__2001
2. NefCanuck
3. Tiketz ( with his own focus this time maybe ? lol :lol: )
4. Sundown
5. Focus man, Focus.
6. Burnin21

I know Ash and Broil have not gotten round to posting this up, but seeing how there is a week to go before this meet I figured I'd lend a hand in setting this up before the meet was a day away. Hope you guys are not mad about me posting this.
I'll be there barring anything weird happening at work (It's been weirdness the last few weeks lemme tell ya <_< )

NefCanuck
Thanks Frosty hahaha

Put me down on the list too!!
I'm in
Can we do the cruise thing again that was pretty cool.
I am in again. See you all next Monday.

lol

i was just about to post a thread up!

nice work Frosty!

if u guys do a cruise!

i am in for it as well!

and i will stay the whole meet this time!

I'm there people count me in!
actually I wouldn't mind doing the cruise thing again it was fun even though the lake stank really bad.
+1 for Cruise. That was alot of fun!
I may show up in my Dads Focus.

My car is uhh... well.. dead. Engine needs rebuilding or replacing... :(
Aka,Jun 8 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:I may show up in my Dads Focus.

My car is uhh... well.. dead. Engine needs rebuilding or replacing... :(
[right][snapback]191991[/snapback][/right]

Eyipes :blink: looks like you either got sold a POS Subbie or you beat on it like a POS :P

NefCanuck
I think I got sold a POS Subbie....

only has 94,000 km on it... I only drove 12,000 km on it myself...
what happened to the engine?
Good question!

Took it to Toronto Motorsports Park, had some fun, by noon my engine was making a bad noise, so I parked immediately. Sat and watched everyone till 3, decided I'd try and gimp it home. And then...

[Image: med_DSC_4250.jpg]

I get stuck on the side of the road outside Hamilton because the engine continued to get worse. And makes lots of loud noises. I stopped when it got worse, but I couldn't get any cell signal, so I had to drive a few miles further to get decent reception. During this time, if i didn't shift quick enough the engine would stall, and to start the car I had to almost mat it while it made all kinds of horrible noises.

It was scary and I cried.

Ok I didn't cry, but I got pissed off and threw my phone across the highway.

Then walked over to get it, so I could call a tow truck.

Edit: Here's some pictures I took that day of the event.
http://www.animekiksazz.com/gallery/thum...p?album=58
any idea what went?
No, I know nothing about cars. I know the basics of how they work, but I wouldn't know what noise means what failed.

Car is sitting doing nothing right now cuz I don't really have the money to get it looked at yet.
It is very odd for a Subbie to die so young. My Legacy had 335000 kms when I traded it in for the Fucus and it was still running hard except for the oil leaks. I drove it like it was stolen all the time.

Let us know what happend when you find out.
I found out yesterday from visiting a website I read from time to time.

http://www.powerlabs.org/jdmsubaru.htm

At the top it says "severe rod knock" and links to a video. If you get that video. That's the exact noise my car made at the track... it makes a far worse noise now.

And on another page he say "With under 200 miles to go to 80K my engine spun a piston rod bearing." Which is what one of the guys at the track told me it probably was. And he's apparently correct.

But yeah, I hear that all the time from people, that it's very odd for a Subbie to die so young. One of the guys at the track had his $600 Legacy wagon with some 400k km on it I think, and he drove the sh** out of it. He'd bought it off someone on the forum, who previously tracked it. And it's still going.

So it must just be a maintanence thing, previous owner of mine perhaps didn't do it, he maintained the body VERY well, but perhaps not the engine.
Aka,Jun 10 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:I found out yesterday from visiting a website I read from time to time.

http://www.powerlabs.org/jdmsubaru.htm

At the top it says "severe rod knock" and links to a video. If you get that video. That's the exact noise my car made at the track... it makes a far worse noise now.

And on another page he say "With under 200 miles to go to 80K my engine spun a piston rod bearing." Which is what one of the guys at the track told me it probably was. And he's apparently correct.

But yeah, I hear that all the time from people, that it's very odd for a Subbie to die so young. One of the guys at the track had his $600 Legacy wagon with some 400k km on it I think, and he drove the sh** out of it. He'd bought it off someone on the forum, who previously tracked it. And it's still going.

So it must just be a maintanence thing, previous owner of mine perhaps didn't do it, he maintained the body VERY well, but perhaps not the engine.
[right][snapback]192487[/snapback][/right]

Something like that is not uncommon for people to do, when I was working at a few dealerships, some of the lease returns were soo badly in need of TLC that you would be suprised to hear, " I never once changed the oil, it's the same oil in there when I got it here 2 years ago, I didn't know you had to do that" :rolleyes:

I feel bad for most minivan buyers of used vans because they were the most common to be abused.
not many takers to this meet
Lets Go Foci can't be loosing to the mazda's finally
Pages: 1 2 3