FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: "my Thoughts On Street Racing"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Aight since Anthony closed the other thread "For puppet" and I wanted to add my 2cents on to it, he told me to open a new thread. here's what I wanted on that thread

"Cowymo I have read all the threads and everyone's posts. Here's mine I think sir you a retard. Jesus would have turned the other cheek as the proper thing to do. So he bashes your car WHOOPDEEDOO. I race but at the track. I speed but controlable. I'm never more than 15km/'s over the speed limit. And school zones I go 40. I don't speed where it could be a problem to others. I speed on the highway but not at ridiculus speeds. Posted speed limit here is 110, I'll do 120. But I keep my racing to the track. You have a lot to learn in life And I think based on most people's post that noone wants to hear your opinions on this board anymore.

+1 for permaban unless he changes his attitude, towards the mods, admin, and our general community."

But now since I'm creating this thread. I feel the need to add more to it. Street racing is not defined as speeding. It is really 2 cars driving at excessive speeds. So for the arguement of speeding is still dangerous. Not really at the extent most of us drive. I only do about 10km's higher on a normal street. School zones are different and I do 40. Street racing really was huge back in the 50's-80's but difference in times roads population. Most of that racing was done on empty streets in the middle of butt f*** nowhere. I race but I keep it on the track, for the only reason of I want to keep it safe. I could not live with myself if I killed someone do to racing.
Nicely said, I agree.

Cowymo did have something to say, which is fine, but whenever you post something you have to expect critisism, positive or negative. Cowymo can have his opinion, and to each thier own, but needs to learn to drop things.

Thread was closed for good reason, it's just like 2 weeks ago (not to re-hash everything), the huge debate over that kid getting his face bashed in over cutting someone off on highway, people will post thier opinions, live with it!
One of the reasons why I really enjoy this site is the fact no one tolerates street racing and we honestly don’t give a damm about your kill stories, this is one of the few sites that I truly respect.

I'm glad to see the results we get when someone tries to break those rules, bc it shows how strong we stand behind street racing and I wish some politicians would actually realize this. Not all car sites are about street racing!!!!!!

So many times I have come here to find out a quick fix to my car related problems. If it wasn’t for this site I would of given ford so much money to fix my problems, but instead I did some research and I found I could just fix it myself for fraction of what Ford would of charged me. Anyways going off topic a bit.

This is a great site and its good to see ppl actually back each other up and support each other and don’t allow outsiders to come in an corrupt our system.
from time to time we're all going to get on each other's nerves.. it's expected. Even though I thought what Sundown did was stupid, he didn't fly off the handle.... even though I know I annoyed the guy.

There are many scales of maturity, and i seriously think we hit a new low... I don't think he realizes just how misinformed he is; all the while criticizing me for my mods that I didn't choose, pay for or put on myself... it's like criticizing someone for winning the lottery because they made fun of your replica Louis Vuiton(sp?) handbag.

actually (way off topic now, I appologize) it sort of reminds me when I first joined FC and everyone got on my back about the commercial... so I fired back with the incorrect info I gleaned from the sigs. Sure they were snappy combacks IMHO, but damned if the information wasn't flawed.

Anyhoo, I guess anyone could go two ways from here, act like a recalcitrant child, or put some effort into being a contributing and respected member.

Oh, and FC.net will continue with a zero tolerance policy on vehicular activity that's considered felonious... it's good for the community, it's good for karma, and it's good for business.
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 12:37 PM Wrote:from time to time we're all going to get on each other's nerves.. it's expected.  Even though I thought what Sundown did was stupid, he didn't fly off the handle.... even though I know I annoyed the guy.

There are many scales of maturity, and i seriously think we hit a new low...  I don't think he realizes just how misinformed he is; all the while criticizing me for my mods that I didn't choose, pay for or put on myself... it's like criticizing someone for winning the lottery because they made fun of your replica Louis Vuiton(sp?) handbag.

actually (way off topic now, I appologize) it sort of reminds me when I first joined FC and everyone got on my back about the commercial... so I fired back with the incorrect info I gleaned from the sigs.  Sure they were snappy combacks IMHO, but damned if the information wasn't flawed.

Anyhoo, I guess anyone could go two ways from here, act like a recalcitrant child, or put some effort into being a contributing and respected member.

Oh, and FC.net will continue with a zero tolerance policy on vehicular activity that's considered felonious... it's good for the community, it's good for karma, and it's good for business.
[right][snapback]191436[/snapback][/right]
Awesome stance DP. And thanks so much for the dictionary.com link there. But unruly would have done the same thing with more people knowing wat it means.
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 06:37 PM Wrote:.

Now that is what i call dropping the hammer. Sorry forgot all about the past ;)

I always get flak for this, but:

Not everyone that has ever "street raced" is a felon. We should all be aware of the inadequacies of the Canadian legal system... from your local municipality right up to the operations of the Supreme Court of Canada.

Racing is a surprisingly vague term, but here's what I don't consider racing:

2 asshats (like cowymo) dragging in public, in broad daylight and in considerable traffic within Toronto city limits. Those jerkoffs like to think they're street racers, but they're not. They're a pale attempt at impersonating someone who's part of a culture that has existed for over 60 years. All they're doing is endangering their lives, the lives of their passengers and of those around them.

Sorry, but I've been street racing for a number of years now... and I've been retired for longer than I've owned the Focus. I raced primarily in the mid-90s in a somewhat-modded 1986 Monte Carlo LS with a 305 CID V8. Furthermore, my Dad raced for a number of years in his late teens and early 20s... but he took his racing to the track after he saw a tractor trailer come out of nowhere and decapitate one of his best friends. He did fairly well as an amateur in both circle tracks and 1/4 mile runs.

Street racing exists for a number of reasons, but not all racers are anywhere near dangerous. They race in the right conditions, at the right locations for the right reasons. It's movies like TFATF and its sequels that ultimately got me to stop racing, as it inspired too many poseurs with mommy's Camry to come out and cause trouble. Well, actually that and the fact a bunch of kids that they've never definitively said "were" street racing whilst high and drunk killed my aunt. Even though I had no connection to them, and they weren't true "street racers"... I couldn't bear the parallels that could be drawn between them and myself.

Ask anyone... street racing has been around relatively forever in comparison to the history of the car, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon unless they have worldwide security systems tracking all moving vehicles all the time.

To sum it up... I agree with the banination of that asshat because he's not a member of the board that anyone wants anything to do with, and the real street racers want nothing to do with him either. As a former racer, I reject the categorization of such trash as a street racer.

Thanks, and I hope this is received in the correct light and context.
This thread sucks....

Keep beating that dead horse guys....

:1lockd: :fluffy:
How come I read that as "Keep beating that dead whore guys"?
:fluffy:
Actually scoob, I think it's important that we as a community make it clear to our other members as well as new members our views on street racing and ALL similar acts.

It's something we should be proud of.
Scoob's just mad he isn't getting the attention he used to get :D
People who drive waterbeds generally don't.
haha, i wouldnt say its that

but when we have 5 threads in 3 days all talking about street racing. not to mention 1 or 2 threads every week talking about streetracing. its a bit much.,,.,.

(excuse the type-o's, i managed to burn off part of my finger on the weekend)
All this talk reminds me of my first post here, and how stupid it was. You all burned me pretty good for what I'd said and done, and you were right to do it. I took the criticism, and here I am. I'm not going to say I'm a better person for it, but I'm definately not a worse person. Sure I like to drive fast, sure I like to have fun, but you know what I did last thursday? went with TSC to the Toronto Motorsports Park and had a blast on the track.* So I'd like to think I'm a more responsible person than I was when I originally joined this site.

*until I broke my engine, but that's another story.
scoobasteve,Jun 5 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:haha,  i wouldnt say its that

but when we have 5 threads in 3 days all talking about street racing. not to mention 1 or 2 threads every week talking about streetracing. its a bit much.,,.,.

(excuse the type-o's, i managed to burn off part of my finger on the weekend)
[right][snapback]191469[/snapback][/right]

Try one of these next time.

[Image: RoachClip.jpg]
scoobasteve,Jun 5 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:(excuse the type-o's, i managed to burn off part of my finger on the weekend)
[right][snapback]191469[/snapback][/right]
They call it "hot-knifing" for a reason, buddy. ;)
pfft... roach clips are for pansies and street racers

Molten plastic is for real men, and my finger
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2006, 05:35 PM Wrote:Try one of these next time.

[right][snapback]191476[/snapback][/right]
Hehe...great minds....:lol:
OAC_Sparky,Jun 5 2006, 03:38 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2006, 05:35 PM Wrote:Try one of these next time.

[right][snapback]191476[/snapback][/right]
Hehe...great minds....:lol:
[right][snapback]191481[/snapback][/right]
To finish your sentence. it's "great minds think alike"

and the retort "But fools seldom differ"
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 06:37 PM Wrote:actually (way off topic now, I appologize) it sort of reminds me when I first joined FC and everyone got on my back about the commercial... so I fired back with the incorrect info I gleaned from the sigs.  Sure they were snappy combacks IMHO, but damned if the information wasn't flawed.

waaaaaaaait a second here. I think I am missing something. DP are you the guy from the commercial?!? I have read you guys talking about the dropping of a hammer, but I never thought it could have been someone from here.

oh and scooba nice avatar :ph34r:
Pages: 1 2 3