FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Check Out This Email I Got.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following the arrests last week of Toronto-based terrorism suspects, I would like to share
with you the heightened security precautions that have been implemented at 33 Bloor Street
East to ensure the highest degree of safety for all building occupants.
In addition to the standard security program at 33 Bloor Street East, several additional trained
security personnel are on duty both intercepting and inspecting:
? all incoming vans and trucks at the loading dock;
? all delivery vehicles at the perimeter of the property;
? all individuals entering the building with large parcels.
Oxford believes it is essential to implement an immediate and appropriate response, and thank
you and your staff for your cooperation. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that
the increased security may cause.
Senior Oxford personnel are in ongoing contact with government security officials, and it is
important to note that we have not received any threat to the property. These are purely
precautionary measures.

:blink:

I assume couriers are going to be a little behind schedule these days.
Reactionary, but not surprising.

Related to this, I have to ask my father though, how much fertilizer the golf course he works at goes through in a year. I can hardly believe its three tonnes and I wanna know where all this stuff was being stored that these suspects were allegedly buying.

NefCanuck
Like I'm sure Home Depot wondered why it was particularily "good" year in fert sales?

I wonder how the C.E.O. of Scott's fert. is doing this week.

Probably a little richer I think. :S
It adds a new outlook on life, all these new planned attacks being so close to home..

It is like any security though, this will most likely only be a temp. thing, or even really strict at first, but like everything as they discover no threats it will become less strict..
I wonder how Jeremy's company has changed things....(he works in security.)
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2006, 04:22 PM Wrote:Following the arrests last week of Toronto-based terrorism suspects, I would like to share
with you the heightened security precautions that have been implemented at 33 Bloor Street
East to ensure the highest degree of safety for all building occupants.
In addition to the standard security program at 33 Bloor Street East, several additional trained
security personnel are on duty both intercepting and inspecting:
?      all incoming vans and trucks at the loading dock;
?      all delivery vehicles at the perimeter of the property;
?      all individuals entering the building with large parcels.
Oxford believes it is essential to implement an immediate and appropriate response, and thank
you and your staff for your cooperation. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that
the increased security may cause.
Senior Oxford personnel are in ongoing contact with government security officials, and it is
important to note that we have not received any threat to the property. These are purely
precautionary measures.

I assume couriers are going to be a little behind schedule these days.
[right][snapback]191384[/snapback][/right]

Dont worry so much, there isnt any homedepots close to where we work(yonge&bloor) :) , but watch out for the canadian tire.

so we are safe at the moment.
That's quite the interesting email. We'll just keep chewing blades of grass and tending the cows up here! :P :lol:
apperantly someone else got an email about avoiding Ambulances near yonge and bloor as well.

MMM, i wonder if someone was actually going to do something near here. I hope nothing will happen. I dont want to die a virgin :)
We won't see an immediate change in my dept, installs. Our Protective Services Disvision will see extra hours though.
No suprise really, when the guy killed himself in the dt tim horton's location there were e-mails sent out to warn everyone to be on alert for people going into our washrooms with the most stupidest things like a back pack and such......

but these are the times we live in and as such we should expect everything you think of as normal to change.