FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Keep Car Hooligans Out Of Your Parking Lot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tired of kids doing burnouts and loitering on your street or in your parking lots?
The solution is quite simple.

Quote:SYDNEY (Reuters) - Sick and tired of souped-up cars with loud engines and pulsing music? Barry Manilow may be the answer.

Officials in one Sydney district have decided to pipe the American crooner's music over loudspeakers in an attempt to rid streets and car parks of hooligans whose anti-social cars and loud music annoy residents and drive customers from businesses.

Following a successful experiment where Bing Crosby music was used to drive teenage loiterers out of an Australian shopping center several years ago, Rockdale councilors believe Manilow is so uncool it might just work.

Councilor Bill Saravinovski said local authorities plan to install a loudspeaker and pipe in Manilow music, interspersed with classical pieces, over a car park favored by car "hoons," or hooligans.

"There are restaurants nearby and people can't park in the car park because they're intimidated by these hoons," Saravinovski told The Daily Telegraph newspaper Monday.

"Daggy music is one way to make the hoons leave an area because they can't stand the music," he said.

The Oxford Concise Australian Dictionary defines "daggy" as unfashionable, or lacking style, even eccentric or stupid.
LOL.....ooooooooHHHHoooHHHHHHhhhhh Mandy.... ;)
They did that at the Taco Bell in Brampton when I was in Highschool.

They would play stuff like Burt Backarat over the speakers mounted to the lamp posts.

There would literally be HUNDEREDS of cars there on the weekends.

All Highschool kids with Mustangs.
Hahaha that might just work, I know that here in London people (hoons?) gather in a church parking lot right on a main street downtown, they have tried to put up no trespassing signs, and even blocked it off with chains, the signs were taken down in the middle of the night ( on 2 seperate occasions) and they just get peole to hold up the chains and dirve underneath.

I really do think if they played some sort of "daggy" music it would deter them..
Hmm, If only it would keep those horny moaning cats off my property....
:lol:
Okay time to get rid of people the MacGyver way.

First, we jury rig a push button tailgate release on a crappy old truck so that when the user in the truck pushes it, the tailgate goes down fast.

Second, we call up the MNR and see if they can help us trap 6-10 skunks.

Third, place some food in the truck bed and lead the skunks into the bed and close the tailgate.

Now here comes the fun.

When they've stopped doing burnouts and are admiring each other's car (walking around and checking their trunk audio), you strike. Drive up slow at first as to not get their attention, when close enough, put the hammer down, hit the tailgate button and do a half donut burnout. This launches the skunks and their food right towards the crowd. The skunks should survive this.

The Skunks will be so ennerved from:

1. Loud Music.
2. Being tossed.
3. Around so many freaky people.

This in turn will kick the skunks into defense overdrive and spray everything within 50 feet.

If you're lucky, some of the food and skunks will land in the cars themselves. This in turn will make people think if they should chase after you, they will get sprayed more.

While this is occurring, drive away quickly. Make sure that you are in disguise and there are no plates on the truck. When outta sight of the other party, ditch the truck and run.
A fine idea!
HAHAHAHAHA I love it, I could just imagine it now..
We did a couple fart bombs once, but it just doen't leave the same effect...
Barry Manilow?

No more hooligans, but I can see it becoming a new meet-up point before a Pride parade. :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 5 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:Okay time to get rid of people the MacGyver way.

First, we jury rig a push button tailgate release on a crappy old truck so that when the user in the truck pushes it, the tailgate goes down fast.

Second, we call up the MNR and see if they can help us trap 6-10 skunks.

Third, place some food in the truck bed and lead the skunks into the bed and close the tailgate.

Now here comes the fun.

When they've stopped doing burnouts and are admiring each other's car (walking around and checking their trunk audio),  you strike.  Drive up slow at first as to not get their attention, when close enough, put the hammer down, hit the tailgate button and do a half donut burnout.  This launches the skunks and their food right towards the crowd.  The skunks should survive this.

The Skunks will be so ennerved from:

1. Loud Music.
2. Being tossed.
3. Around so many freaky people.

This in turn will kick the skunks into defense overdrive and spray everything within 50 feet.

If you're lucky, some of the food and skunks will land in the cars themselves.  This in turn will make people think if they should chase after you, they will get sprayed more.

While this is occurring, drive away quickly.  Make sure that you are in disguise and there are no plates on the truck.  When outta sight of the other party, ditch the truck and run.
[right][snapback]191396[/snapback][/right]

I'm up for any plan where you can drop the hammer.
They did this at the Kitchener city hall with classical music and chess tables everywhere. It worked but then they had to trash that idea cause all the old people met there and it made the air heavy with moldy dust smell.
Sorry guys the corny music just doesn't deture me............ I just turn mine up :D
After reading this I feel like going to the Copacobana. Any one up for a road trip?
Focus man, Focus.,Jun 5 2006, 06:20 PM Wrote:After reading this I feel like going to the Copacobana.  Any one up for a road trip?
[right][snapback]191497[/snapback][/right]

[Image: Charo.jpg]

Cuchi-Cuchi-Cuchi-Cuchi !!!!