FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shutting Off My Off Topic Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Offtopic should be 'work safe'. It is expected that all members posting in Off Topic will be treated with respect. It is asked that all members refrain from excessive swearing or behaviour that may be offensive to others.

flaming, trolling, racism, and harrassment of other members will not be permitted.

Please note that offensive material is not allowed anywhere in Offtopic.

First of all, at least I am responsible enough to include "I'm sorry" at the end of the message. I was just sharing a bit of my day with anyone out there who is interested (I don't care if no one is interested at all) If you are not interested, you have the choice not to reply. I'm pretty sure there isn't a rule in the "Off Topic Rules" saying that you cannot post anything you encountered today. There isn't a rule saying that you cannot write anything about you racing whether you are on the street or track.

This is a country with freedom of speech or writing. I maybe lucky that I wasn't caught speeding today or killing anyone including myself. I am not saying that whatever I did today was right, that is why I said sorry. I don't usually do this kind of things.

If you are talking about rules on Off Topic, it does say no excessive swearing.. then what the heck are you thinking when you type F*** or S***. This is just the same as swearing without spelling them in full. That is as offensive as writing a short article about going fast on a street.

So before you guys turn your fingers and point at someone else, look at yourself first. At least I have the cheek to say sorry, do you have the cheek to say you are sorry for swearing that much?

I am pretty sure most of you out there are driving more than 100km/h on the highways. Does that means you are not speeding?? You are speeding too, and you are putting your own lives and your family lives and other road users lives on the edge as well. So and again, if you want to put fingers at me, look at yourself first.

So I am telling you, before you point your fingers at someone else, make sure you are totally, absolutely clean.

Also, if you dont' like what people write here, you have to choice not to reply and ignore them. I am not here to take your 0.02 worth of comments.
you say you're sorry, but you're not really sorry.

You are happy that a merc nearly lost control on city streets because you chose to drive irresponsibly. Your singular act of 'contriteness' doesn't measure up to the enormity of your irresponsibility.

Especially when you start splitting hairs in an attempt to rationalize your actions and point out other's faults.

Why is your poor sense of judgement all of a sudden better than everyone else's?

And then you tell people that if they're not interested, they don't have to read the post or reply. Well, I think you've realized just how many people are interested in how your irresponsible actions and immaturity put the public needlessly at risk and becons more negative attention towards the modding community.

so I'm sorry if this offends you, but that will not change the fact that FocusCanada, nor it's mods or admins will condone, in any way, shape or form street racing of any kind.

Speeding on the highway is one thing, nearly piling yourself and a hapless mercedes into traffic is a totally different thing.

p.s. this isn't even up for debate.
darkpuppet,Jun 4 2006, 07:43 PM Wrote:so I'm sorry if this offends you, but that will not change the fact that FocusCanada, nor it's mods or admins will condone, in any way, shape or form street racing of any kind. 

darkpuppet,Jun 4 2006, 07:43 PM Wrote:Speeding on the highway is one thing, nearly piling yourself and a hapless mercedes into traffic is a totally different thing.
[right][snapback]191236[/snapback][/right]

If you want to prove that your car is fast go to the track....or do it where the only thing you could hurt is yourself or a cow or something like that....Not in a town or a neighborhood....That's just stupid...
darkpuppet,Jun 4 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:FocusCanada, nor it's mods or admins will condone, in any way, shape or form street racing of any kind. 

Well, let me see.. You seems to have put in quite a lot of money into your Focus.. You have Vortech Supercharger HO, KVR Python big brakes with carbon fiber pads.. and what are they for?? Does the Focus need the Supercharger to go 40km/h in a school zone??.. Can you see the Supercharger from the outside?? Is it for the appearance??.. Hmmm.. let see again.. you have Python brakes.. what are they for?? Is it that your car is so fast that stock brakes are not good enough to stop your car??

So compare your car (which you'd put in money for it to perform and perform really "well"), with my stock car.. hmm which one is more dangerous to the road users??

And again, before you state your 0.02 worth point of view, look at what you drive and what I drive..

Unless you are trying to say a stock Focus from the dealership is dangerous.. wow.. I think I better sell it off right away!!!..
focusonthis_88,Jun 5 2006, 12:00 AM Wrote:2000 Ford Focus Zx3 w/Roush Turbo
[right][snapback]191243[/snapback][/right]

Well and again.. why did you spend money in putting the turbo?? unless it does improve your appearance on street.. I have nothing to say..
I agree with puppet on this one, and like I said in another post, I don't know you, in fact don't know any of the guys here except the few who are from BC and are on focusbc. I recall someone who posted last christmas about racing a guy on vancouver island, I replied kind of how the guys here replied. It pissed me off, just like this did.
[QUOTE]"A stock car, stock rims, everything stock!" (my windows were down). I got pissed . Once the light turned green, I stepped on my gas and dragged my gears. On my 3rd gear, he was close behind me.. but he could not pass me.. there was a slight bend before Dennison Rd. I let go of my gas, down shifted (cos I could see lines of car in front due to red light). I brought the car into a very comfortable stop... I saw him on the other lane, losing control of his car, tires screeching, smoke coming out from all 4 tires and the car was swaying from side to side. (what a moron).. and he had to switch lane to avoid smashing into the cars in front..

#1 - You have some anger issues I think. "I got pissed" why? because some little bitch who's out driving mommies car decided to poke fun at you, oh well, grow a thicker skin.
#2 - You are DANGEROUS. "he was close behind me.. but he could not pass me" Real smart man, real smart.
#3 - You say you smoked him, well, I kinda wish he'd smoked you when you came to a stop at the light, maybe would've taught you a lesson.

It's idiocy like this that has killed numerous people so far this year, and idicy like this that killed a friend of mine 2 yrs ago when he got slammed into by a car that was racing someone else.
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 4 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:FocusCanada, nor it's mods or admins will condone, in any way, shape or form street racing of any kind. 

Well, let me see.. You seems to have put in quite a lot of money into your Focus.. You have Vortech Supercharger HO, KVR Python big brakes with carbon fiber pads.. and what are they for?? Does the Focus need the Supercharger to go 40km/h in a school zone??.. Can you see the Supercharger from the outside?? Is it for the appearance??.. Hmmm.. let see again.. you have Python brakes.. what are they for?? Is it that your car is so fast that stock brakes are not good enough to stop your car??

So compare your car (which you'd put in money for it to perform and perform really "well"), with my stock car.. hmm which one is more dangerous to the road users??

And again, before you state your 0.02 worth point of view, look at what you drive and what I drive..

Unless you are trying to say a stock Focus from the dealership is dangerous.. wow.. I think I better sell it off right away!!!..
[right][snapback]191244[/snapback][/right]

obviously my car is less dangerous than yours..... because the driver behind the wheel realizes that he's responsible not just for himself on the road, but for others as well.

Imagine how dead you'd be in my car.... having people flashing their highbeams, revving, and doing pulls on you just to incite a race.

You think i'm a street racer and a danger to society because of my mods, yet you're the one actually street racing and nearly causing accidents.

I think you better sell your car right away. Your inability to accept responsibility maturely leads me to believe you're not ready for a car.
Damn...totall Ouchness....
First of all, I was not the one who was driving that Mercedes. He had a choice not to go fast with me.

I wasn't the one who lost control of my car because of my action. He was.

And if you say that going more than 100km/h on HWY is not speeding or it is another matter.. well I don't know what is then..

And if you guys are not looking into squeezing any sort of performance out of the Focus, then f***ing remove those superchargers and turbos. Specially superchargers when you can't turn it on and off as you wish.. (Opss.. sorry for swearing)

Quote:because some little bitch who's out driving mommies car decided to poke fun at you, oh well, grow a thicker skin.
Well it is about dignity, if you want to be stepped all over in your life.. then go ahead and be a loser.

Quote:You are DANGEROUS. "he was close behind me.. but he could not pass me" Real smart man, real smart.
I said he couldnt' pass me.. did I say I was blocking him? I was staying in my lane and he just couldn't pass me.

Quote:You say you smoked him, well, I kinda wish he'd smoked you when you came to a stop at the light, maybe would've taught you a lesson.
If he wanted to drive like there is no tomorrow, then he better learn to look far ahead and be aware of what was going on around him instead..
Hey look, I can see the point of view from both people here. Cowymo, I can understand being excited and what not from beating a Mercedes, cause well heck I've done it to. Street Racing and Speed and all that sorta stuff gives me a huge adreneline rush, it probably gives you one too. I'm 19, I've pulled some pretty stupid moves in my life behind the wheel, and they've all been either driving excesivly fast or as you guessed it, street racing. Now i'm lucky i've never killed myself or anyone else for that matter. I would never forgive myself.

However, A few months ago I had no concious for any other driver on the road. Until one day I got caught. Yep your right, I was racing and even tho it was 12am on a Sunday morning I still got caught. Stupid move huh? I was fortunate enough to get a cop who let me off with just running 1 stop sign. It wasn't the only one I ran. But even now, my insurance premiums are going up, I can't afford my stereo anymore, so thats forsale. Did I learn my lesson? Heck yes. But will I street race again? In all honesty I dont know right now. Do you know y? Theres a time and a place for everything. Personally, I keep to the track right now.

Now Puppet. I know you don't tolerate this kind of stuff at all. You've told me yourself, I've learned my lesson and I understand. But on another note, yelling at this guy and calling him irresponsible ain't gonna help at all. It just makes people get all defensive. He needs to understand we dont condone this on the board at all. And he also needs to understand that he needs to save it for the track. The street proves nothing.

We all make stupid decisions in our lives, and after everything is said and done we always find ourselfs asking the same question "Why did I do it?"
You dont want to be saying that question to yourself when your standing in a court room in front of a Judge whos sentencing you to 5 years in prison because you decided I'm gonna race buddy who thinks hes got a quick Mercedes.

Save the racing for the track please. I learned my lesson early in life, thank God it wasn't to late.
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 12:24 AM Wrote:
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]191244[/snapback][/right]

obviously my car is less dangerous than yours..... because the driver behind the wheel realizes that he's responsible not just for himself on the road, but for others as well.

Imagine how dead you'd be in my car.... having people flashing their highbeams, revving, and doing pulls on you just to incite a race.

You think i'm a street racer and a danger to society because of my mods, yet you're the one actually street racing and nearly causing accidents.

I think you better sell your car right away. Your inability to accept responsibility maturely leads me to believe you're not ready for a car.
[right][snapback]191249[/snapback][/right]

As I just said, just in case you don't understand English.

Mine is a stock car.. look at yours? Do you need the Supercharger to go 40km/h at school zone?.. I'm pretty sure the focus can move without a supercharger.

Even if the driver in my car has a limit to how much he can go.. but in your beast, the limit is way off the orignal stock performance of the car. And with a powerful equipment like yours, it is not about the driver anymore. Your car in nature is already a threat to others. I have seen enough of mod cars racing...

And again, if you don't understand English.. If you think you are so responsible, why don't you remove all the mods you'd put in and drive a stock Focus just like me?
Burnin21,Jun 4 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:Now Puppet. I know you don't tolerate this kind of stuff at all. You've told me yourself, I've learned my lesson and I understand. But on another note, yelling at this guy and calling him irresponsible ain't gonna help at all. It just makes people get all defensive. He needs to understand we dont condone this on the board at all. And he also needs to understand that he needs to save it for the track. The street proves nothing.

I might have left this whole thing alone if he didn't decide to go on a most righteous quest to prove how right he is.

I realize we all do stupid things, I've done my share of stupid, I accept that. But if I had one person just tell me right off the bat I was doing something stupid and what the consequences were, I wouldn't have fought with them.

I do get overly concerned when someone doesn't seem to 'get the point' or is too stubborn to just leave well enough alone. He's worried about being stepped on his entire life? I'm sick and tired of people not listening to a shred of decent reasoning when they should be.

Reading through his posts, he constantly goes about trying to rationalize his actions. It wasn't him losing control, so it's ok. And it was the mercedes choice to go as fast as him. How does that make it any better?

How is he going to rationalize it when he kills someone. "well that lady should have looked out for headlights speeding excessively before she pulled into the intersection".

I don't buy it.. I'm not going to take it easy on this kid because he had to 'protect' his honor. If he didn't want to be a 'loser', he shouldn't have acted like one.
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 08:34 PM Wrote:As I just said, just in case you don't understand English.

Mine is a stock car.. look at yours?  Do you need the Supercharger to go 40km/h at school zone?.. I'm pretty sure the focus can move without a supercharger.

Even if the driver in my car has a limit to how much he can go.. but in your beast, the limit is way off the orignal stock performance of the car.  And with a powerful equipment like yours, it is not about the driver anymore.  Your car in nature is already a threat to others.  I have seen enough of mod cars racing...

And again, if you don't understand English..  If you think you are so responsible, why don't you remove all the mods you'd put in and drive a stock Focus just like me?
[right][snapback]191255[/snapback][/right]

Ever heard of a weekend enthusiast?? or weekend racer?? alot of the guys on here enjoy racing. but they do it in a controlled environment. almost all of the heavily modified cars on this sight see the track all the time. seeing as most of us cannot afford to have 2 cars (1 daily, 1 race), we have to make one car both.

out of the most heavily modified cars on this site, this is what they use them for:
Darkpuppets-(supercharged)--Auto-x
hardkore-(supercharged)--regularly attends open track days at cayuga, want to race someone??? find him there almost everyweekend
Flofocus-(turbo)--hits the drag track once in awhile
P-51-(turbo) the most heavily modified car on this site, hits track days auto-x whenever he can. his car is basically a weekend racer.

get the point?? these cars are not set up for racing on the street, they are RACED on the TRACK but DRIVEN on the STREET.
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 08:34 PM Wrote:Mine is a stock car.. look at yours?  Do you need the Supercharger to go 40km/h at school zone?[right][snapback]191255[/snapback][/right]
Darkpuppet isn't saying that he doesn't or can't drive "fast", he is saying that driving recklessly on a city street is dangerous.

Whether the guy in the Mercedes started it or not, it doesn't matter if someone dies. And I really don't give the sweat off my balls if you want to smear yourself on a bridge abuctment, it's the innocent people like my family that I care about.

And as "car enthusiasts" it's this crap brings us all down, because it's wannabe's like you that gives tuners a bad name.

You are busy pointing out the mods that Puppet has -- forgetting what you have that he doesn't.

A loose nut behind the wheel.
Burnin21,Jun 5 2006, 12:33 AM Wrote:But on another note, yelling at this guy and calling him irresponsible ain't gonna help at all. It just makes people get all defensive.
[right][snapback]191253[/snapback][/right]

Here.. at last somebody who speaks with substance.

I know what you (Burnin21) are trying to say. I don't even go track. I like racing, but I know it is dangerous. As I said, it is about dignity. Just can't stand it when somebody out there who drives a more expensive car and think they are the king of the road and look down on other people who drive a cheaper car.

Everybody has their temper, sometimes you can control it and sometimes you can't. Most of the time you can't. If people are so sensible and be able to control their temper all the time, then this world will be so peaceful. But in reality, people can't. Some people are cocky and some are not. You have to treat everybody differently. Back in those days, I had had 3 RSX panting behind my Wagon before. Why?? Simple. They think they are the best by souping up their RSX and looking down on others. And I put through them that a cheaper North Amercian Station Wagon is nowhere worst then the piece of flimsy japanese metal. (In actual fact, I met one of the RSX again later that week, and he did learn.. he didn't even try to pull any stunt anymore)

And I say again, I do not race all the time. Indeed, I don't even speed up unless I have to. Don't point fingers at me and treat me like a criminal.

You know what, as much as I like speed and power. I'm happy with what I have got under the hood. And of cos, none of you will see me in track.. cos I don't soup up my car to race anyone intensionally.
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 08:34 PM Wrote:As I just said, just in case you don't understand English.

Mine is a stock car.. look at yours?  Do you need the Supercharger to go 40km/h at school zone?.. I'm pretty sure the focus can move without a supercharger.

Even if the driver in my car has a limit to how much he can go.. but in your beast, the limit is way off the orignal stock performance of the car.  And with a powerful equipment like yours, it is not about the driver anymore.  Your car in nature is already a threat to others.  I have seen enough of mod cars racing...

And again, if you don't understand English..  If you think you are so responsible, why don't you remove all the mods you'd put in and drive a stock Focus just like me?
[right][snapback]191255[/snapback][/right]

What mod cars have you seen racing? you think you came to a noob board where everything is held together by electrical tape and hot glue? Every mod that I've put on my car has been put on cleaner than stock.

That includes the suspension install including everything torqued back down per the Ford service manual, and a gauge pod that has illicited, "I didn't know focuses came with gauges up there".

My car isn't a street racer or ticking time bomb. And I don't drive like an asshat either.. so how is my car more dangerous? Is it the 2 extra airbags it has than yours? is it the stability assist your car doesn't have? Is there something in my car that stock 200HP focuses offered elswhere in the world can't handle?

And how does me having mods on my car make me more or less responsible? I'm responsible because I maintain my car and it's mods responsibly and drive responsibly. Put anyone in a stock car who can't drive responsibly and they are infinitely more dangerous than myself. and that's my point.

lack of mods don't make you more responsible a driver, and I think your actions on the road prove that point.
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 12:54 AM Wrote:I might have left this whole thing alone if he didn't decide to go on a most righteous quest to prove how right he is.

I realize we all do stupid things, I've done my share of stupid, I accept that.  But if I had one person just tell me right off the bat I was doing something stupid and what the consequences were, I wouldn't have fought with them.

I do get overly concerned when someone doesn't seem to 'get the point' or is too stubborn to just leave well enough alone.  He's worried about being stepped on his entire life?  I'm sick and tired of people not listening to a shred of decent reasoning when they should be.

Reading through his posts, he constantly goes about trying to rationalize his actions.  It wasn't him losing control, so it's ok.  And it was the mercedes choice to go as fast as him.  How does that make it any better? 

How is he going to rationalize it when he kills someone.  "well that lady should have looked out for headlights speeding excessively before she pulled into the intersection".

I don't buy it.. I'm not going to take it easy on this kid because he had to 'protect' his honor. If he didn't want to be a 'loser', he shouldn't have acted like one.
[right][snapback]191259[/snapback][/right]

Well, if you don't understand English.. Again I have to Quote.. I said I was sorry for speeding right off the first post.

What I was trying to push is that, people have all the rights to write whatever they encounter for the day, if you are not interested, just leave the thread. I don't need you to lecture me.. who do u think you are?? my dad?? gosh.. If you are so mature about this thing.. then u should have left me alone here writing whatever I want.. instead you have to so childish here to fight with me proving your point right??.. ahhahaha.. HELLO?? who is the loser now??
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 09:06 PM Wrote:Here.. at last somebody who speaks with substance.

I know what you (Burnin21) are trying to say.  I don't even go track.  I like racing, but I know it is dangerous.  As I said, it is about dignity.  Just can't stand it when somebody out there who drives a more expensive car and think they are the king of the road and look down on other people who drive a cheaper car.

Everybody has their temper, sometimes you can control it and sometimes you can't.  Most of the time you can't.  If people are so sensible and be able to control their temper all the time, then this world will be so peaceful.  But in reality, people can't.  Some people are cocky and some are not.  You have to treat everybody differently.  Back in those days, I had had 3 RSX panting behind my Wagon before.  Why?? Simple.  They think they are the best by souping up their RSX and looking down on others.  And I put through them that a cheaper North Amercian Station Wagon is nowhere worst then the piece of flimsy japanese metal.  (In actual fact, I met one of the RSX again later that week, and he did learn.. he didn't even try to pull any stunt anymore)

And I say again, I do not race all the time.  Indeed, I don't even speed up unless I have to.  Don't point fingers at me and treat me like a criminal.

You know what, as much as I like speed and power.  I'm happy with what I have got under the hood.  And of cos, none of you will see me in track.. cos I don't soup up my car to race anyone intensionally.
[right][snapback]191263[/snapback][/right]

you can race a stock car.. in fact, it's the best kind of racing you should start with..it's cheap, it's safe.

You gotta find other ways to affirm your dignity than racing idiots on the street.
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 09:14 PM Wrote:ahhahaha.. HELLO??  who is the loser now??
[right][snapback]191265[/snapback][/right]

um, you...

oh yeah.. I forgot.. this wasn't up for debate...