FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 05-06 Owners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I realised that once I have the A/C on and with the car moving, there is a constant hissing sound from behind the grove box. Does your Focus behaves the same way?

Went to the dealership and they said it is normal. It is weird because my 03 doesn't produce this kind of sound. The hissing will stop as long as the car is not moving.

(It sounds more like releasing pressure then hissing, but hissing is the closest word to discribe....)
not a sound from mine!
kind of a fluttery noise like someone is blowing air through their front tooth gap maybe??
Are you sure you aren't just hearing the air from the vents? Or is it a distinct different sound from behind the glove box?

Nothing out of the ordinary on my 05.
every once and a while i'll hear..(when my music is actually at a low level)...a sort of PSSSST , kinda like a pressure relief valve opens and closes real quick.while my A/C is on.....

meh i don't worry about it..
if i can find a way to post it i have a funny little noise that mine makes recorded on my mp3 player...... almost like a vacuum leak but not... I find it only does it in high humidity days or if its rained etc..... and sometimes when it wants... i can vary it by steering or opening the sunroof...
nothing out of the ordinary on my 05 either