FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Which One Do You Hate Most?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
heh my peeves..

1) no signal, or they hit the switch as they're turning the wheel to change lanes.
2) people who don't let you merge (3-4 times this weekend on the way to the car show, people were SPEEDING UP when they saw that I needed to get over).
3) the 4-lane changers on the 401.. crossing from the far left passing lane, to the far right exit lane to get to the collector.
4) no checking the blind spot... it takes 1 second to swivel your stupid head around over your shoulder to take a look.
5) tailgating.. why do you do it? you can't get anywhere faster riding my ass, because i'm not going to speed up so you can get to walmart a couple of seconds faster. If nothing else, it makes me coast back down TO the speed limit and make you suffer.
Frost__2001,Jun 5 2006, 02:28 AM Wrote:I hate to tell some of you this but most cars with cruise control, sometimes people tap the brakes to shut it off or change the speed they were going in.

but on that note, I find almost all Camerys, Corollas, and Accord (unless modded) drivers extremely slow in no matter what lane they are in, or where they are, and I find Honda and VW owners to be the worst for lacking or failing to use their signels.
[right][snapback]191343[/snapback][/right]

Ah but Frost, all cruise control systems at least come with an "on/off" switch if not the "resume/accel/coast" features. If used properly you would never have to hit the brakes to engage or disengage the CC unless it truly was an emergency situation, in which case everyone would be slowing down, not just one person in the middle lane of the 401 :)

Modded Accords? :blink: Gyah, I don't think I've met one on the 401 where the driver wasn't treating the highway like a giant slotcar track.

NefCanuck
I hate people who streetrace and think it;s okay....then come on here wagging their manhood telling us how they won.
my #1 pet peeve as well are people that don't signal I must have almost hit 3 or 4 of them this morning on the way to work, thank god for a SUV scared the crap out of one driver that didn't check there mirrors and blind spot. The other thing I hate is people that go to the end of a merge lane when everyone saw the sign 500m's back and have moved in I almost ran over a new MINI last week when at the last minute he decided that his car and life were worth more than being run over. :D

Laterz :)
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:I hate people who streetrace and think it;s okay....then come on here wagging their manhood telling us how they won.
[right][snapback]191390[/snapback][/right]

I can beat you in a streetrace...

:lol:
scoobasteve,Jun 5 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:I hate people who streetrace and think it;s okay....then come on here wagging their manhood telling us how they won.

[right][snapback]191407[/snapback][/right]

But can you pass the gas station? :D :lol:
[Image: 2004-5-18-18-gas.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 5 2006, 01:34 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jun 5 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]191407[/snapback][/right]

But can you pass the gas station? :D :lol:
[right][snapback]191410[/snapback][/right]

No Need,

I can tow one behind me :ph34r: :lol:
K_OS,Jun 5 2006, 01:05 PM Wrote:The other thing I hate is people that go to the end of a merge lane when everyone saw the sign 500m's back and have moved in I almost ran over a new MINI last week when at the last minute he decided that his car and life were worth more than being run over. :D
[right][snapback]191400[/snapback][/right]

hmmm ... but on the other side of that coin I hate people who see a merge 500 meters ahead, decide to stick their nose into the other lane but keep the a$$end blocking the lane they came from. Dive in if you want, but don't impede the other lane because now you think that everyone should do as you did.

In moving traffic I try to time my merge / speed so I don't interupt the flow of traffic - that might be 500 meters ahead but it might also be 50 meters ahead - and just like a merge onto a highway, you have to adjust your speed according to the traffic and the merge opportunities you see.

But in the case of stop and go traffic - sorry, logic says that both lanes should keep moving up to the merge-point and then you alternate. People who "dive" into the other lane 500 meters up in stop and go traffic, and then block the lane they came from, are creating way more problems than they solve; especially if their attitude is "now that I've moved over, I don't want any of you to pass me."
^--- I'm one of those people that merges early if he can, and then gets pissed off when people race to the end of the merge lane and I have to sit and let them in.
torradan,Jun 5 2006, 10:11 AM Wrote:5) tailgating.. why do you do it?  you can't get anywhere faster riding my ass, because i'm not going to speed up so you can get to walmart a couple of seconds faster.  If nothing else, it makes me coast back down TO the speed limit and make you suffer.
[right][snapback]191367[/snapback][/right]
But sometimes tailgating gets the dumbass who's sleeping in the fast lane and doing 80 km/h to realize that he's sleeping in the fast lane and doing 80km/h and gets out.

Othertimes people just keep speeding up to whatever pace you set, it's really weird. This one lady on the 401 just didn't want me to pass her. I'd do 100 behind her and creep up, she'd speed up, we hit 130, and I slowed down cuz I didn't want to be that close to her. I get out of the lane cuz now there's no reason to be in it. She slows down to her original speed until I start to go by her again (in the other lane), she then accellerates really hard around a bend, almost comes into my lane and hits me, I just matted it cuz I wanted away from this scary woman, and she just matted it as well. So I just slowed down and went over another lane and waited for traffic to give me a chance to get away from her, which it eventually did. I don't understand her at all. I mean if she couldn't see me, she'd do 100 km/h in that lane. If she saw me anywhere on the highway going slightly faster she'd match, and if she saw me passing her she wouldn't allow it.

Also why can women only drive fast in a straight line? I don't mean to be sexist, and I know it's not all women, but it just seems more often than not, you'll see a woman drive really slow around a corner, then as soon as it's straight they take off again, then a corner they slow waaaay down, rinse repeat. I'm not arguing you shouldn't slow down for a corner, just that they seem to slow down a lot more than is required. Or is it just me?
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:^--- I'm one of those people that merges early if he can, and then gets pissed off when people race to the end of the merge lane and I have to sit and let them in.
[right][snapback]191425[/snapback][/right]
If you've voluntarily left one lane for another, and others choose to continue using the lane you left, why would you get pissed? There's nothing in law or logic that says a lane becomes unusable because somebody else decides to exit that lane early. If the road planners didn't expect that lane to be used to the point of the merge, they would have closed it in a different place.

What if someone decides a kilometer in advance that they want to change lanes in advance of a merge? From a philosophical POV does that mean they should expect everyone else to stay behind them and do the same? And what if two drivers at the same time choose two different points to merge - which one is the one we all have to follow in your scenario.

What you've got there is in effect a roving merge - no telling from one moment to the next where it actually is ... that's why it makes no sense IMO. What does make sense is that the point of merge be where the road planners place it.

BTW - don't try to use the reverse to get out of a speeding ticket. Just because you can see the 100 km sign, doesn't mean that where you're at is 100. The point it becomes 100 is at the sign.
^-- I know it makes no sense, but still.. I take the spot, and I see openings behind me, but I just get the impression that they're all being greedy and I"m being nice.

it's no reason to get upset, but meh... I can be crabby sometimes.
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 04:53 PM Wrote:I can be crabby sometimes.
[right][snapback]191466[/snapback][/right]
LOL - a good woman knows how to fix that.
ZTWsquared,Jun 5 2006, 05:04 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 04:53 PM Wrote:I can be crabby sometimes.
[right][snapback]191466[/snapback][/right]
LOL - a good woman knows how to fix that.
[right][snapback]191470[/snapback][/right]

got one I could borrow?
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 06:21 PM Wrote:^--- I'm one of those people that merges early if he can, and then gets pissed off when people race to the end of the merge lane and I have to sit and let them in.
[right][snapback]191425[/snapback][/right]

exactly, except I don't let them in. I've done it before and I'll keep doing it when it's safe to, that's the number one piss off.
NefCanuck,Jun 5 2006, 12:24 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jun 5 2006, 02:28 AM Wrote:I hate to tell some of you this but most cars with cruise control, sometimes people tap the brakes to shut it off or change the speed they were going in.

but on that note, I find almost all Camerys, Corollas, and Accord (unless modded) drivers extremely slow in no matter what lane they are in, or where they are, and I find Honda and VW owners to be the worst for lacking or failing to use their signels.

Ah but Frost, all cruise control systems at least come with an "on/off" switch if not the "resume/accel/coast" features. If used properly you would never have to hit the brakes to engage or disengage the CC unless it truly was an emergency situation, in which case everyone would be slowing down, not just one person in the middle lane of the 401 :)

Modded Accords? :blink: Gyah, I don't think I've met one on the 401 where the driver wasn't treating the highway like a giant slotcar track.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]191386[/snapback][/right]

Unless it's modded I was meaning Nef, which means if it is it moves faster then the stock version, and most Japanese and a few European cars have their their cruise controls mounted to the dash, in hondas I've noticed it's up by the light switch, or up near the odometers, and toyotas have theirs below the light switches or near the ignition... and unless you really look at the stick for the Cruise Control it can be a little confusing to see where it is and what your doing to it, most people would find it easier to shut it off by tapping the brakes.
Frost__2001,Jun 5 2006, 07:28 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 5 2006, 12:24 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]191386[/snapback][/right]

Unless it's modded I was meaning Nef, which means if it is it moves faster then the stock version, and most Japanese and a few European cars have their their cruise controls mounted to the dash, in hondas I've noticed it's up by the light switch, or up near the odometers, and toyotas have theirs below the light switches or near the ignition... and unless you really look at the stick for the Cruise Control it can be a little confusing to see where it is and what your doing to it, most people would find it easier to shut it off by tapping the brakes.
[right][snapback]191523[/snapback][/right]

I suppose, but I'm one of the knobs who do things like read the owners manual cover to cover and learn where everything is and how it all works. My philosphy being that I'd rather be anal than be surprised, because surprised could get you dead.

Like the Olds Ceira I bought where the GM dealership installed an accessory I used on the turnsignal stalk and it turned out that it screwed up the CC (It was squeezing the stalk too tight, meaning it couldn't engage) if I hadn't read the owners manual to know how the CC engaged and disengaged after buying the car I would have been freaking out at the GM dealer for selling me a car with a "defective CC" but at least this way I had an inkling about what was wrong.

NefCanuck
the worst are ppl who turn left in front of traffic irresponsibly, ppl who change lanes without looking, and ppl who dive for the exit crossing many lanes to exit on the hwy
Msg for the sheep out there:

Stay the frick outta the left lane on the multi-lanes...otherwise, you'll permanently remove my ability to care and NOT pass you on the right (something I do a LOT these days)...yes, it's wrong to drive fast, but when I wanna do like 140+, have the courtesy to see the gap from you to me shrinking very rapidly and DO SOMETHING at least...lol

Yeah, I've been bad lately too....
Pages: 1 2