FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Which One Do You Hate Most?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just notice that there are people that can afford to buy a car but unfortunately do not have enough money to equip their car with the signal lights function.

I have seen so many drivers switching lanes without signalling, specially during rainy days, nights..

Or some people has put in extra money on the signal lights to turn them into magical lights. They will just signal and switch lanes (at the same instant) without even looking behind.. thinking that somehow the vehicle on the other lane will either disappear or slow down for them.. gosh..

Major pet peeve of mine as well!

People who don't check their blind-spots piss me off so much.
People that don't indicate, people that drive 105-115km/hr in the left lane of the highway, people that insist on driving ONLY in the left lane in town, people that wait to indicate and turn into a laneway of any kind at the last second, people that pull off a road to go in front of you with little room/time left (turn and come out in a hurry) and then drive friggin slow.

People who drive Toyota Echo's or Honda Fit's, and act like they are better than me and my Focus...
Drivesthebeast,Jun 3 2006, 11:40 PM Wrote:People who drive Toyota Echo's or Honda Fit's, and act like they are better than me and my Focus...
[right][snapback]191147[/snapback][/right]

I hate people that drives their freaking 7-seaters as if they are driving tanks and own the road.
Besides those who don't indicate turns and drive slow in the left lane, I also hate drivers who don't yield while pulling out of a secondary road or turning right on red. Most of the time, I have enough time either to slow down or to change the lane, but why the hell should I change my driving pattern when clearly I have the priority??

Today I was driving 100 km/h in the left lane on a four-lane road (two lanes in each direction), and a guy on Camry was turning right on red, but instead of staying in the right lane, he turned into my lane. He thought that maybe he can go from 0 to 100 in one second? I just hate ignorant people.
Not only this, I find that some people "see ghosts" when they are driving. They can be driving on a perfectly straight road on a perfectly clear day, with no car in front of them. While driving, they will step on the brake for no reason at all. Its either the brake lights are malfunctioning or they really see ghost..

There was once in 2004 morning, light snow. The speed limit of the road is 80km/h (you can imagine how straight that road is). I almost lost my head while driving behind this Corolla at 20km/h.. geeee.. I almost want to go over and tell her to get out of her car to push instead.
I've been in Europe for the last 3 weeks. Well actually I'm still in Rome. They have more poorly structured roads than us in Canada, more people in a smaller area and I've only seen 2 accidents. But not even serious accidents just fender benders. Why you ask?

Because it's illegal to talk on a cell phone and drive here. Also because the majority of the cars here are of a manual transmission which causes the drivers to pay that much more attention to what their doing. In Toronto you can eat, talk, drink, and smoke while you're driving a car and nothing will ever happen to you. It's bulls***.

The roundabouts here are great. They relieve traffic so much better than an intersection because all the cars are constantly moving with the occasional yield. There is also no road rage here. Yesterday I saw a guy in a scooter go through a red light and almost hit a BMW. He managed to come to a screeching halt and when they both stopped and looked at eachother the guy on the scooter simply said "sorry, it was my fault". Then they both continued on their way. In Toronto they would have started screeming at eachother, getting out of their cars, then traffic would have been backed up for miles because of people slowing down to stare at what's happening.

I'm done ranting but I truly believe that it's way to easy for people to get their license in Canada. Sure you take driving school on a deserted road so you don't have to deal with traffic. Then your driving test consists of a couple turns and one parking manouver. What kinda s*** is that. The testing should become more strict. I can guarantee you that when I arrive back home monday night I will see more serious accidents driving from the airport to Woodbridge, than I have seen here in the last 3 weeks.
MAlby7,Jun 4 2006, 06:38 AM Wrote:In Toronto they would have started screeming at eachother, getting out of their cars, then traffic would have been backed up for miles because of people slowing down to stare at what's happening.
[right][snapback]191171[/snapback][/right]

Talking about slowing down to see accident site.. this really really annoy the crap out of me.. what is there to see?

There was one time, I was going home via 404 North at 1am.. the traffic was built up all the way to Lake Shore entrance.. what the f***? traffic jam at 1am!!!
It took me a very very long time to get to where people slowed down.. Guess what I saw?.. people were actually slowing down to see an accident which happened on the other side of the hwy!!.. (404 South).. wow, I was furious!..
The guy in front of me actually braked and slow down to see.. I give him a super long honk to blow his mind away! B) This is to teach him a lesson, don't slow down to see accident, or at least don't do it when I am behind!!!
My biggest pet peeve in addtion to those already talked about here would have to be merging..... it seems merging was a fine art/skill many years ago and has since been lost in our society. Now I am not talking in the city persay but mainly on the highways. On my old route to work I went through a collectors/express lanes type deal that all you Torontonians are familiar with. Now if everyone merged properly traffic would flow nicely and smoothly. But no we seem to have some cowboys on the streets that think they can go all the way to the very last inch of the lane that is merging to try to get a head of the pack, causing everyone to slow down to let this ass hat in. On the opposite side you have these people that slow down IN the moving lane as soon as it's time to merge causing me and everyone else behind them to either slam our brakes or swerve to avoid them. To add another peeve to this it's people that think they can use a merging lane to get ahead of everyone else in a traffic jam. Is that s*** allowed? I mean there has to be something in the traffic act against that. I wish I could make a citizen's arrest sometimes cause seriously I couldnab atleast 2-3 a day.

Do they test you on merging on the driver's test???
Yes one of my biggest pet peves is those who do not signal, or do not properly signal when changing lanes or indicating they want to change lanes... If your in the lane beside me and I'm speeding up, and you cut infront without signaling, I'm gonna get pissed off, Strangely, thats what most people like to do.. Another is those 2 lane left turning lanes at an intersection.. Why is it when I'm in my side of the lane, people love to jump across the dotted turning lanes and almost into the side of my car when doing a left turn??? They clearly see the car infront of them is in the proper turning lane, why cant they just stay behind that car?
oh yeah at stop lights where there is only one left turning lane and a long line up. People that make it a 2 left turning lane preventing people from turning right. I seriously just want to shoot those people... with my mind bullets!

:ph34r:
When did stop signs become optional? This is especially bad in my area in Woodbridge.
cowymo,Jun 4 2006, 12:29 AM Wrote:wow, I was furious!..
The guy in front of me actually braked and slow down to see.. I give him a super long honk to blow his mind away! B)  This is to teach him a lesson, don't slow down to see accident, or at least don't do it when I am behind!!!
[right][snapback]191174[/snapback][/right]

In addition to bad driving skills that are seen the world over, I hate people who are stupid, who think they're the best driver in the world, like the above quoted person. So, my curiosity is up, what lesson exactly did you teach the guy who slowed down to look at the accident? Probably didn't "teach" him anything, should he slow down, ok, probably not, but if that had been me you were honking at for slowing down at an accident scene, especially when traffic ahead and around is slowed down, I would've taken the opportunity to teach you a lesson, like how to rewire your horn after I'd reached into your car, popped your hood and cut the wires going to you horn. I don't know you from Adam in the bible but from what I've in a few posts it seems to me like you might just have a few anger issues, maybe you should start taking some of your frustrations out at the gym or something dude. Sure it might take a few more minutes to get home when traffic slows you down due to whatever, but wouldn't you like to get home with you and your car in one piece and be in a good mood when you get there instead of being grumpy and pised because some guy slowed down at an accident scene, every driver out there gets distracted at a scene like that because of the emergency vehicle lights going, all that stuff, I'm sure glad that they slow down when they're distracted, better to go 20 and not smoke somebody than to go 120, look over and boom! Think about it.
Drove home tonight on the 401 across the top of the city (From east Scarborough to Mississauga) and got to see on a Sunday night moronic moves I usually associate with daytime 'tards.

No signal lane changes, driving 101km/h in the middle lane, random slamming on brakes. It's a wonder these specimens ever got their license in the first place. Drives like this make me support re-testing every five years or so, maybe it would weed out some of this nonsense <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 4 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:  Drives like this make me support re-testing every five years or so, maybe it would weed out some of this nonsense <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]191325[/snapback][/right]

What a splendid idea!!! Only problem I see is the wait for a drivers exam, have to book a year in advance :P But seriously, it would be a wicked idea, too bad it would never happen.
focusracer,Jun 4 2006, 11:06 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 4 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:  Drives like this make me support re-testing every five years or so, maybe it would weed out some of this nonsense <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]191325[/snapback][/right]

What a splendid idea!!! Only problem I see is the wait for a drivers exam, have to book a year in advance :P But seriously, it would be a wicked idea, too bad it would never happen.
[right][snapback]191332[/snapback][/right]

Only because the government that dares bring such a thing in would get killed at the polls by drivers who think it is their right to drive.

NefCanuck
Yes I would agree that you are correct sir!!! :D
I hate to tell some of you this but most cars with cruise control, sometimes people tap the brakes to shut it off or change the speed they were going in.

but on that note, I find almost all Camerys, Corollas, and Accord (unless modded) drivers extremely slow in no matter what lane they are in, or where they are, and I find Honda and VW owners to be the worst for lacking or failing to use their signels.

However, I will tell most people if you think Canadians are bad drivers, they really should take a nice long road trip in the states to see how American Drivers are as 85% of them never use signels no matter what, and they tailgate even if you are on the 2 cars on highway, doing the limit or not.
^^ I disagree.

On my recent trips to the US, drive over to Wisconsin, and drive down to Mid-Ohio, I found the Americans to be tons better drives than those here in Ontario. In the US I was able to relax in traffic, here in Toronto I have to look out for idiots all the time.

Heck, you cross the border from Buffalo to Ontario, and you almost immediately see a change in the way people drive.

That isn't to say I haven't come across an idiot in the US, those are a dime a dozen, I just find they have more courtesy on the highways.

A good example would be the lack of a merging lane for a lot of the highways I was on. If people saw someone coming onto the highway, they would change lanes to give them space. In Ontario, even with the merge lane, people just sit next to you and block you. I've had people slow down and accellerate with me, purposely blocking me.

Edit: And what I hate most is truck drivers. If one is going faster than the other, even by as little as 1 km/h, they'll pull out infront of you and pass the other truck, even if it takes them 100 km to do it. That pisses me off. They should just save their gas and draft behind the other one.
I would agree, I was in Buffalo for the first time ever and almost died like 6 times because of people not letting me merge, no signals, darting around.. But you really can't blame it on one place/area. Montreal would be number 1 on my list of crazy a$$ drivers by far, but again, you have to watch out for yourself, you never know who is in the car beside you--be it a Toyota, Ford, or even a Honda :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2