FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Terrorist Attack On Toronto Foiled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Developing Story--

CNN LINK

CP24 LINK
wow... i thought that only happened in the US
Wow i thought the US would get hit again before we did.
Doesn't suprise me one bit.

With the pussy laws we have in our country, the low profile we keep and the fact that we don't walk around town in a constant state of emergency makes Canada / Toronto a great place to set up operation.
Setup operation, you mean they were targeting another country perhaps?

Didn't the news stories say they had Southern Ontario targets?

Maybe they don't like the new Priminister?
crazy s*** eh
Silly terrorists, attacks are for clones!
Aka,Jun 4 2006, 12:13 AM Wrote:Setup operation, you mean they were targeting another country perhaps?

Didn't the news stories say they had Southern Ontario targets?

Maybe they don't like the new Priminister?
[right][snapback]191165[/snapback][/right]

They were apparently targetting canadian targets as well.. includin the CSIS building by the CN Tower..

I have friends that work for CSIS.. that's a bit close to home.
^^WOW No kidding???
What I wonder about is how long after they bought that insane amount of ammonium nitrate did they come under surveilance? AFAIK they said this group had three tons of it and the Oklahoma City bomber pulled off his stunt with only a ton.

How do you buy that much and move it? Must have been one hell of a cover story...

NefCanuck
It is disgusting, and it is going to cause sooo much backlash on all Muslims (as there already has been). Canada really does need stricter laws though! It is soo easy to get into Canada, especially on a refugee status! I don't have anything wrong with immigrants, just saying that there needs to be a lot more background checking when letting people and their 15 children in..
NefCanuck,Jun 5 2006, 12:00 AM Wrote:What I wonder about is how long after they bought that insane amount of ammonium nitrate did they come under surveilance?  [right][snapback]191331[/snapback][/right]
What's coming out now is that they were under surveillance months and maybe even years before the arrests ... and it even appears that the ammonium nitrate was delivered to them by undercover cops in some sort of sting operation.

According to one 'expert' interviewed by CTV (don't recall his name) it's looking more like a young, inept group as opposed to a real serious threat.
They will probably be out of jail in 3 months and plan something else :angry:
If religions didn't come with fanaticism and zealots, the world would be a MUCH better and MUCH safer place. This is what happens when you feed the lemmings poetry-laced crack. They go insane and blow s*** up.
Um no comment on any of the terrorists.
I feel I may get out of line.

What I will comment on is the Jackasses that smashed all the windows in that mosk.
Not cool.
Peace be to all brothers
Wajid Khan is the owner Dufferin Mazda (long time Fan590 listeners can hear his voice now, I’m sure) as well as a Member of Parliament.

He had some things to say about one of the alleged terrorist plotters – and well, let’s just say his language is befitting someone in the car biz and refreshingly blunt for an MP.
Reuters News Service Wrote:OTTAWA (Reuters) - Qayyum Abdul Jamal, the eldest of the 17 men arrested in Canada's home-grown terror case, was an unimpressive "idiot" who alleged Canadian troops were in Afghanistan to rape Muslim women, a local legislator said on Monday.

Jamal, 43, was charged on Monday with planning to cause a deadly explosion and could face life in prison if found guilty. He was a volunteer at the Ar-Rahman Islamic Center in Mississauga, Ontario, west of Toronto, and sometimes lectured there.

Wajid Khan, the Liberal legislator for the local parliamentary constituency, said he had been invited to speak at the center about a year ago.

Jamal, who was leading the prayers that day, was supposed to make brief comments introducing Khan to the congregation.

"He said they (the Canadian troops) are in Afghanistan to rape Muslim women," Khan told Reuters by telephone from Mississauga.

"I just got up right away and I pushed him aside and started to address the crowd and criticized him for talking nonsense. People agreed with me, that this was bulls***."

At the time of the incident, Canada had a large contingent of troops in the Afghan capital Kabul. There are now 2,300 Canadian soldiers in the southern city of Kandahar.

Khan said he had been told that angry members of the congregation later confronted Jamal outside the center and "kind of roughed him up" to show their displeasure.

"I just figured he was another one of the disgruntled Canadians who is not happy with troops being in Afghanistan. Half the country didn't like the idea, so I thought that this is just an idiot trying to be a hero," he said.

Khan told Reuters he had had nothing more to do with the center or Jamal.
"Then I saw his picture in the news and his name and (I thought) 'holy cow' and then all hell broke loose."

Members of the congregation told local media that Jamal had been a mentor figure to several teenagers who are also among the accused, something Khan said he found hard to grasp.

"It's very disturbing. I'm struggling with the whole of the idea of how the hell that this guy -- who is very ordinary ... he's not a fiery speaker, his command of the language is piss-poor: is he really the guy who has brainwashed these other teenagers or he is just a contact guy?" he said.
^--- I think it's even more possible for below average or extremely average people to lead like this. Really, it's the only way they identify becoming something in this world, and all they have to do is find other individuals of their ilk to lead.

It's been said continually how unimpressive these terrorists really are...what concerns me aren't these easy to catch ones, but the harder to catch and possibly intelligent terrorists.
darkpuppet,Jun 6 2006, 09:42 AM Wrote:what concerns me aren't these easy to catch ones, but the harder to catch and possibly intelligent terrorists.
[right][snapback]191603[/snapback][/right]
Let's hope the intelligent ones in this country have a better grasp of what's going on (Cdn troops aren't raping Muslims) and have the skills to voice their opinions without violence.

What concerns me about that story is the possibility/probability that moderate Muslims must have known about this guy and his activities. On the other hand perhaps that's how the RCMP and CSIS were on to them so early in the game.

I think that's key .... moderate Muslims have to know and believe it's in their best interests to make sure nothing like what was planned ever comes to fruition.
ZTWsquared,Jun 6 2006, 09:57 AM Wrote:Let's hope the intelligent ones in this country have a better grasp of what's going on (Cdn troops aren't raping Muslims) and have the skills to voice their opinions without violence.

What concerns me about that story is the possibility/probability that moderate Muslims must have known about this guy and his activities. On the other hand perhaps that's how the RCMP and CSIS were on to them so early in the game.

I think that's key .... moderate Muslims have to know and believe it's in their best interests to make sure nothing like what was planned ever comes to fruition.
[right][snapback]191605[/snapback][/right]

true

true

and, I'd hope that moderate muslims are getting involved, and i'd hope they'd get credit for helping too. Everyone's gotta work together.
Pages: 1 2