FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rocket Explosion...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did they not notice the 17 foot long crack in one of the booster rockets?
WHOOOPS..."Hey bob, is that a crack?"....."not sure jim, nah...it's just a smudge on the paint"...."Alright then, lets launch".....
I thought about it a bit, I imagine it could have been like a 17 foot hairline fracture, which could be hard to see under ice.

But still, it's f**king NASA, they're supposed to be high tech and know their s***.

Though "Bob" may have just wanted to see a really cool explosion. Which is cool too.
maybe they were testing how big cracks need to be before it blows up
"We err, just had an anomaly of the Delta 2 launch vehicle from Cape Canaveral Air Station. (pause) We need to secure the area."

First, lady, I think 'anomaly' is probably the biggest frikken understatement I've ever heard, and second, believe me.....no-one in their right mind would WANT to be in the area, so there is no need to secure it. Anyone there is either dead or running like crazy!! (Amazingly, no did die...awesome).

Wow, big rocket go BOOM...lol...still, she remained quite calm, considering.....if it was me, I'd have been like "Holy ****, the ******* rocket just blew up!!". :ph34r:

That's one expensive firework display! :D

Lol, nice find.

Scorp.
LOL heat tiles!
I'd be fired from doing that woman's job.

"OH THE HUMANITY!!!!"
darkpuppet,Jun 4 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:I'd be fired from doing that woman's job.

"OH THE HUMANITY!!!!"
[right][snapback]191196[/snapback][/right]

With an added " can't you f***ing NASA engineers get anything right!"

AM I RITE?!?!
"I wonder if they take returns at the rocket factory... this one seems to have had a crack in it."
Must have been a Ford part.
why, do rockets have DPFEs?
Wow, that's a BIG explosion :blink: just a miracle that no one was hurt there.

NefCanuck
Lucky no one got killed, mind you a lot of cars got owned. Sad, very sad.