FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Toy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: l_1126294332_alite-2000.jpg]

Cost me just over a grand after taxes and with a rear night lite and rear fender that attaches to the seatpost...gonna use this to get on and off the base during the summer (it's faster than trying to drive with the traffic being so bad), and it'll also help me put some strength back into my knees and be good for cardio and fat burning too...

Oh yeah, and as soon as I got it home, I debaged the stem/gooseneck, the rims, and seatpost...now it looks even cleaner with the matte charcoal frame and black components...
good buy!
Congrats on the new ride! I've been trying to get back into my steady, daily or at least weekly riding for some time now.
nice buy,
I was just looking at my bike an hour ago, debating putting it back to a single big ring.
I decided to take a nap instead.
1000 for a bicycle. wow. mega bling. i did not realize those got so expensive
Well, it was around $890 bux before the taxes, or something like that...and that is a LOT cheaper than some of the bikes out there these days. Take for example the frame alone for Lance Armstrong's street bike...it's like $12K...
naz,Jun 3 2006, 05:35 PM Wrote:1000 for a bicycle. wow. mega bling. i did not realize those got so expensive
[right][snapback]191139[/snapback][/right]

oh man.. they go up and up... I was riding a couple downhill rigs in vancouver that tipped the register at nearly $10,000.. and they weighed over 40lbs each. That's like buying a $10,000 couch.

But man, is it a sweet ride going down...

The world's lightest road frame cost nearly $20,000 USD -- mostly because it was made from berylium (sp?)...

If you're going to do any amount of riding, you should go to a bike shop and spend at least $500 on a decent hardtail.

A $1,000 hardtail will be another magnitude of fun to ride over that.
wow... that's crazy. i'm still having a hard time getting my head around it. so some of those bikes are the price of hardcore super sport motorcycles.. wow
naz,Jun 4 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:wow... that's crazy.  i'm still having a hard time getting my head around it.  so some of those bikes are the price of hardcore super sport motorcycles.. wow
[right][snapback]191219[/snapback][/right]

It's with every hobby the same, there's hobby and then there's HOBBY

You would NOT want to know what I've spent on my anime hobby for example, it'd probably make you puke :lol:

NefCanuck
ok anime boy...did you kick VGCats guy in the nuts like I asked you to?
NefCanuck,Jun 5 2006, 03:48 AM Wrote:You would NOT want to know what I've spent on my anime hobby for example, it'd probably make you puke :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]191329[/snapback][/right]

actually i am very thankful for guys like you, because if ppl did not love anime that much.. cheapos like me could not do stuff like use youtube to watch the entire series of bleach :D
darkpuppet,Jun 5 2006, 01:01 AM Wrote:ok anime boy...did you kick VGCats guy in the nuts like I asked you to?
[right][snapback]191338[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, couldn't get close enough to try :P For various reasons, including a few female stalkers :blink: (It's the costumes, it's gotta be :lol: )

NefCanuck
naz,Jun 5 2006, 01:31 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 5 2006, 03:48 AM Wrote:You would NOT want to know what I've spent on my anime hobby for example, it'd probably make you puke :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]191329[/snapback][/right]

actually i am very thankful for guys like you, because if ppl did not love anime that much.. cheapos like me could not do stuff like use youtube to watch the entire series of bleach :D
[right][snapback]191340[/snapback][/right]

So IOW I'm spending $ subsidizing your habit? :huh: Okay then according to the law of equivalent exchange I should get something from you. How's about you wash my car and we'll call it even? :lol:

NefCanuck