FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shift Knob....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know where to get a cheep knob that will work on my 05 2.0? I like the RS one but it is pricey on Ebay and no one around here seems to have anything like that. the cheep silver paint on mine came off and it looks gay now!

Jake
Try driverfx.ca or go to your CT store...they quite often have ones like the type you'd want in stock. Well, at least the two CT stores I deal with do...
I have a Momo Race Air Leather shift knob that I've never used: http://www.focussport.com/shiftknobs.htm

PM me if you're interested.
I have a Billet aluminum knob with the gear shift pattern on top if you're interested. I'll get you some pics when I get back to Toronto.
MAlby7,Jun 3 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:I have a Billet aluminum knob with the gear shift pattern on top if you're interested.  I'll get you some pics when I get back to Toronto.
[right][snapback]191111[/snapback][/right]

i wanna see the pic too =)
I'd like to get the RS one as well, but your right they are quite pricey.
PM me if you're interested!

[Image: Shiftknob01.jpg]

[Image: Shiftknob02.jpg]
Here's a pic of the Momo knob, if anyone's interested:

[Image: th_MomoKnob-0011.jpg]
Hey Malby, what's up with the shift pattern being too small for that hole? Just looks a little funny to see the glue underneath..

That Momo knob looks sweet, those can get a little pricey too though.

I've got the OEM Mercury Cougar knob on my car, looks the same as the black rubber 03+ knobs except it's got real leather. Not exactly a cheap piece either though since Ford parts are always a rip off.
Some nice examples of manual shift knobs in this thread. Shame I can't find anything for an autotragic that still has the O/D function (Not that I ever turn it off really, but it's nice to have that option) Tried ebaying and examples I did find with O/D functions weren't exactly pretty :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 11 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:Some nice examples of manual shift knobs in this thread.  Shame I can't find anything for an autotragic that still has the O/D function (Not that I ever turn it off really, but it's nice to have that option)  Tried ebaying and examples I did find with O/D functions weren't exactly pretty :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]192548[/snapback][/right]

Could you just run a wire somewhere else and move the OD button of the shifter? If you could do that you could still have the OD feature but buy any shifter you want.
habmann,Jun 11 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:Could you just run a wire somewhere else and move the OD button of the shifter? If you could do that you could still have the OD feature but buy any shifter you want.
[right][snapback]192553[/snapback][/right]

I think it's possible.. I think it was Tony (ZOOM) that did that on his automatic. It's possible to run the OD button to a switch mounted somewhere else, dont know how hard it is to do though.
guilty,Jun 11 2006, 10:37 PM Wrote:
habmann,Jun 11 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:Could you just run a wire somewhere else and move the OD button of the shifter? If you could do that you could still have the OD feature but buy any shifter you want.
[right][snapback]192553[/snapback][/right]

I think it's possible.. I think it was Tony (ZOOM) that did that on his automatic. It's possible to run the OD button to a switch mounted somewhere else, dont know how hard it is to do though.
[right][snapback]192608[/snapback][/right]

I didn't think it would be too hard to do. Running wire in the focus isn't all that tough. Prolly would only take a few hours to do.
Someone on FocusFanatics swaped out an Escape auto shift knob into an auto Focus and it looked sweet. It had the O/D button and I think the swap was almost a direct change over. I think he said that he needed to drill one small hole in the shaft for the set screw to go thru as the Escape's was in a different position. Have a look in an Escape next time you see one. The auto knob is actually quite nice.

Here is the link to the thread in FF