FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Neat Feature On A New Opel Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: af453f9e606bb6185fe6d2c5c94b2c05.jpg]

A further innovation is ‘FlexFix’ – an integral carrier system similar to that shown on the 2004 Opel Trixx concept car. Available as an option on all new Corsas, FlexFix is pulled out from the rear bumper of the car like a drawer and can safely carry two bicycles, yet completely retracts into the bumper when not in use. ®
Its funny how the Europeans invert smart and practical things meanwhile we invent things like golve campartments that can keep our pop and food cool.........
Great Idea!
D-Dub,Jun 2 2006, 04: Wrote:Its funny how the Europeans invert smart and practical things meanwhile we invent things like golve campartments that can keep our pop and food cool.........
[right][snapback]191034[/snapback][/right]

It's an American thing ... they have a different teke on things than they do in Europe ... hard to describe, but a picture's worth a 1,000 words.

[Image: euro_vs_america.jpg]
^^^ Seen that everywhere.

And, I think the new feature is a good idea too!
ZTWsquared,Jun 2 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jun 2 2006, 04: Wrote:Its funny how the Europeans invert smart and practical things meanwhile we invent things like golve campartments that can keep our pop and food cool.........
[right][snapback]191034[/snapback][/right]

It's an American thing ... they have a different teke on things than they do in Europe ... hard to describe, but a picture's worth a 1,000 words.

[right][snapback]191040[/snapback][/right]

haha, right on, north american designers are more concerned with bigger cup holders and square cup holders rather then healty and sporty stuff like easy bike mount.
that bike mount is a great idea... saves the hassle of trying to figure out a bike rack for your car.
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 07:30 PM Wrote: pulled out from the rear bumper of the car like a drawer and can safely carry two bicycles, yet completely retracts into the bumper when not in use. ®
[right][snapback]191031[/snapback][/right]

in a serious rear end collision i wonder how secure that would be. it'm concerned a hit at the right (wrong) angle would send that 'shelf' right into the backs of the rear seat passengers.. *shudder*
naz,Jun 2 2006, 09:09 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 07:30 PM Wrote: pulled out from the rear bumper of the car like a drawer and can safely carry two bicycles, yet completely retracts into the bumper when not in use. ®
[right][snapback]191031[/snapback][/right]

in a serious rear end collision i wonder how secure that would be. it'm concerned a hit at the right (wrong) angle would send that 'shelf' right into the backs of the rear seat passengers.. *shudder*
[right][snapback]191077[/snapback][/right]

By the look of that design you could possibly shear the sucker clean off if you hit the thing perpendicular to the car, sending said shelf & bikes careening off to the side.

NefCAnuck
NefCanuck,Jun 2 2006, 10:25 PM Wrote:in a serious rear end collision i wonder how secure that would be. it'm concerned a hit at the right (wrong) angle would send that 'shelf' right into the backs of the rear seat passengers.. *shudder*
[right][snapback]191077[/snapback][/right]

By the look of that design you could possibly shear the sucker clean off if you hit the thing perpendicular to the car, sending said shelf & bikes careening off to the side.

NefCAnuck
[right][snapback]191079[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It would break just as easily as any other hitch mounted rack I'm sure.

Also, the steel to hold the rack and the retracting device would probably crumple long before it took out any pasengers. It's not like it's a retractable frame rail...it's just a bike rack.
Probably would not pass our bumper laws..
THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!!

I like this Idea, I want to get a bike this summer, and this would be a good feature for me.
Slimsride,Jun 3 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!!

[right][snapback]191127[/snapback][/right]

Oh my god I just orange juice out my nose... You wrote what I was thinking...
Like I've always said......

If you don;t have the cars.....DON'T open the showroom.

haha that is nasty, yet soo true!

And the bike rack is an AWESOME idea!!