FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Door Lock Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so now I have this issue with my door locks. Both using the remote and the buttons in the interior. Here is the issue, unlocking works fine. Locking the doors is another story. I hit the lock button on the remote (I have tried it with both remotes) the doors won't lock all the time but the parking lights flash. Unlock works just fine, but the lock works intermitantly. Anyone else have this issue and what did you have to do to fix it?
I had the same problem with mine...it is however someone elses problem now :)
Does the Int light go on when you open the door? It might a simple door switch. Door switch not made, so car thinks door is not closed therefore it doesnt lock the car.

No when I have a door open it locks the door but beeps twice letting me know a door or the hatch is still open.
I had this issue when I first got my car, hasn't happened in a year or so now though. It just went away on it's own. :)
when you press lock button, do you hear relay clicking??
keyless module is right above where ecu is..
if you don't hear clicking, then you will need this module..
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 6 2009, 10:12 AM Wrote:No when I have a door open it locks the door but beeps twice letting me know a door or the hatch is still open.
[right][snapback]293847[/snapback][/right]

hmm..looks like door latch is seized..
Yeah its intermittent. Didn't have a problem all weekend. I will try and figure it out when it happens again.
One of my door latches is siezed too lol.
Scorcher000,Sep 8 2009, 08:06 AM Wrote:One of my door latches is siezed too lol.
[right][snapback]293903[/snapback][/right]

Is it just really hard to open the doors by pulling on the latches? Had the same problem with all 4 doors, sprayed some white silicone lubricant onto the latches, and now they open up with one finger. Used to be that I thought I was going to break the handles they were so stiff.
torradan,Sep 8 2009, 09:07 AM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Sep 8 2009, 08:06 AM Wrote:One of my door latches is siezed too lol.

Is it just really hard to open the doors by pulling on the latches? Had the same problem with all 4 doors, sprayed some white silicone lubricant onto the latches, and now they open up with one finger. Used to be that I thought I was going to break the handles they were so stiff.
[right][snapback]293909[/snapback][/right]

Yes an answer. I'll do that today.
I have the same problem with one of my Car doors..
i've had this prob too, it comes/goes, so far its been gone for a while lol.
Scorcher000,Sep 8 2009, 10:14 AM Wrote:
torradan,Sep 8 2009, 09:07 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]293909[/snapback][/right]

Yes an answer. I'll do that today.
[right][snapback]293915[/snapback][/right]

Any luck?
Ya but it took a crap load of liquid wrench to lossen the front pass door. It has been like that for 3 years lol> My stereo and everything else is still in the car and I've parked it in some f'd up places. Now I don't have to wry about it. Thnx :D
I have the same problem sort of, when I go to unlock the doors with the key fob sometimes it doesn't unlock the driver door, but unlocks the passenger