FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spec Focus!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Read this Today.

Ford racing

RICHMOND, CA (January 17, 2005) - The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of a new spec racing class featuring the Ford Focus. The class will be called Spec Focus (SF) and allows 2000-2006 model Ford Focus cars prepared for competition with parts from Ford Racing Performance Parts, Eibach, and F2Focus. The cars will also compete on spec Toyo Proxes RA-1 tires to promote an even playing field and enable racers in the class to accumulate rewards under the Toyo contingency program. Cars with SVT Zetec, Zetec, and Duratec engines are all eligible for the series as are all Focus body styles.

"We're thrilled to introduce another new spec class that will allow racers to build competitive, fun, and affordable cars to race," said Ted Severns, NASA Spec Focus National Director. "The Focus is a great starting point for a competition car and with the rules we have in place, this should be the next wave in spec classes for grassroots racing circles."

Rules for the class are available online at http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules.html and more contingency programs will be announced as they are added to the roster of benefits for Spec Focus racers.

For more information, see: Specfocus
interesting how they will only allow
Ford MTX-75 5-Speed Gearbox and not the 6spd. Didnt someone from here had problems with putting svt engine with mtx-75 combo? i think their speedo didnt work properly or something
i tihnk i remember seeing the rules.. i dont think the 6spd is not allowed.. i think its just not allowed on a normal zetec.. why would they prevent svt owners from attending withouts waping for an mtx..
Mo, in the complete rule listing they say, svt get the getrag, anything else use mtx75.
i've been watching a few of the buildups via [fj] for a while now ...pretty neat stuff.

but still

'affordable' and 'racing' are sort of contradicting.
Yup, way old news.

As Puppet pointed out, ANY real racing is really expensive. Particularly in this case, I think you end up with not such a fast car after spending all that money. In particular, the suspension is quite soft, and of course better power can be made with forced induction than the route they go.

Still, this is a great entry level series. The cars should be really easy to drive, and are reasonably quick, in terms of econobox-racing.

The last trackday I was just at, I ran a 1:22.0, and a Spec Focus driven by Leo Capaldi's son turned a 1:21.7.

So, fairly evenly matched, but my car weighs a lot more.