FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Interesting Word Choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not made the news too much but there is some H5N1 Avian Flu cases that "may" be human to human for the first time. According the WHO:

"...there is no evidence that the virus is spreading in an efficient and sustained manner from one person to another."

Seems to me that even though it is not doing it "efficiently" and "sustainably" they are, in a round about way, saying human to human has happened and therfore to me it seems, a BIG threshold has been passed.

Have a nice day :)

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2006_05_31/en/index.html
grab a loved one hide underground come back up to repopulate the earth when this is all over.
nass,Jun 1 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:grab a loved one hide underground come back up to repopulate the earth when this is all over.
[right][snapback]190895[/snapback][/right]

so you'll be at your mom's?

you're making it TOOO easy today!
I'll just head out to my boss's hunt camp and do nothing but drink beer and hunt deer.

Note to self, stock up on 4 months supply of beer and 3 years supply of liquor. So much for buying a house. :lol:
darkpuppet,Jun 1 2006, 06:59 PM Wrote:
nass,Jun 1 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:grab a loved one hide underground come back up to repopulate the earth when this is all over.
[right][snapback]190895[/snapback][/right]

so you'll be at your mom's?

you're making it TOOO easy today!
[right][snapback]190899[/snapback][/right]

[Image: iseewhat3ag0dx.jpg]

and yes I will be with my mom, I gotta secure my stellar bloodline somehow! :ph34r:
nass,Jun 1 2006, 04:26 PM Wrote:and yes I will be with my mom, I gotta secure my stellar bloodline somehow! :ph34r:
[right][snapback]190911[/snapback][/right]

okay that's a little too freaky...
If you have any better ideas I'd like to hear them
time to cash out the 401k and ira and do retarded stuff with it in anticipation for teh mega death.
naz,Jun 1 2006, 07:28 PM Wrote:time to cash out the 401k and ira and do retarded stuff with it in anticipation for teh mega death.
[right][snapback]190942[/snapback][/right]

Or wait with liquid assets to collect after doomsday and "buy low sell high" over inflated real estate assets at liquid prices? Nice that gold never falls out of favour in a pinch isnt it? ;)
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 01:28 AM Wrote:
naz,Jun 1 2006, 07:28 PM Wrote:time to cash out the 401k and ira and do retarded stuff with it in anticipation for teh mega death.
[right][snapback]190942[/snapback][/right]

Or wait with liquid assets to collect after doomsday and "buy low sell high" over inflated real estate assets at liquid prices? Nice that gold never falls out of favour in a pinch isnt it? ;)
[right][snapback]190946[/snapback][/right]

now that i think more about it...this is america after all.. one could certainly make a 'killing' in such a chaotic after market :ph34r:
I'm going to start rubbing birds on myself.. .better to get this flu while I'm 'young' and more likely to recover.

*grabs a chicken*
darkpuppet,Jun 2 2006, 08:03 AM Wrote:*grabs a chicken*
[right][snapback]190973[/snapback][/right]

Try not to "choke" it.
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 09:06 AM Wrote:

Try not to "choke" it.
[right][snapback]190974[/snapback][/right]

too late.. already killed 3 today.
darkpuppet,Jun 2 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2006, 09:06 AM Wrote:

Try not to "choke" it.
[right][snapback]190974[/snapback][/right]

too late.. already killed 3 today.
[right][snapback]190979[/snapback][/right]

Every time you touch yourself God kills a chicken? :huh: :rofl:

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jun 2 2006, 09:52 AM Wrote:too late.. already killed 3 today.
[right][snapback]190979[/snapback][/right]
Wow ... that's impressive. I meant to have that much free time in the day to actually choke three chicken. You obviously have a lot of practice.

One question though ... I guess we can assume one of the chickens was yours - who else's chicken did you choke?
I deal with chicken everyday of my life.
I worked in a Deli which has a hot food counter that serves chicken
cooked bird flu is probably less potent than fresh bird flu.