FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Skyline Gtr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay...so I finish the piece of s*** buick i was working on today and my boss tosses me keys and says the nissan is up next...

expecting another 05/06 altima from the dealer I go out and right there is a silvery/grey Skyline GTR....so I hop in and "WHAT THE f***" wheres the steering wheel!?!?

Holy s***...right hand drive?!!@?! I hope in the other side and start it up....holy s***..what a noise!?!?

Someone give me the lowdown on these cars?!? are they only right hand drive? arent they illegal in N/A?

info please?!!?..and pics will come tomorrow!
all GTRs and Skylines are right hand drive. theres pretty much three different versions the R32, R33, and R34.

If you've seen 2F2F, you've seen an R34 Skyline. basically they are suppose to be the Ferrari of Japan. GTR's are the top of the line Skyline. There twin turbo'd inline 6 cylinder cars, with AWD and very capable of +800HP without a bunch of internal mods.

don't ask how i know all of this.
Cool..any more info!?

what kinda specs ?

are these cars rare?

I have heard they are not street legal here?? whats the deal;?!
Its the "Creme de la creme" of ricers everywhere. :lol:
The R32s (1990ish) are legal to import now since they're passed the 15 year limit. The GTR dominated the Japanese race leagues when it came out, it's sometimes referred to as "Godzilla".. Supposedly they had to created a whole nother class of racing for them too.

I've seen a LHD R34 (the newest model) from somewhere in Europe, but it may have been a conversion. They're cool cars but probably overhyped in North America just because we couldnt have them here.
Theres a shop in Burlington that has done some mods to some skylines. At one point I saw the owner working on 2 of them.
There's no rice to a Skyline. If it were legal, I'd sell a few organs to import one for myself.

Perhaps next year, there won't be a need for the parting of the organs ;)

R32 Skylines are disgusting in their portential and also in their stock driveability. I consider myself a Skyline connoiseur from a distance.

I'd actually love to have a GTS-4 simply because it's a sedan with a honkin' amount of tuner potential. And the right-hand drive would be priceless at Timmies. :lol:
heres an example from a shop that imports them in Saskatoon.

http://www.platinumshift.com/app/view/auto...ne-GTR/brand.6/

don't know what the laws are like else where, but the car has to be 15 years old to be legally driven on the street here.
The 15 year rule is a Federal law. Applies to any passenger car originally sold outside the US and Canada.

Skylines started to be manufactured sometime in the 60's, but didn't get really good until the 80's. They started with a 2L, then a 2.5, and then a 2.6L inline sixes. Earlier models has RWD, later ones AWD. Single or twin turbo. Often punched out to 2.8L in tuner cars and racing to keep up with the 3.0L Supra's.

Really, the Skyline and the Supra are the Corvette vs. Viper of Japan. The car is overly hyped here only because we never got it. It would be the same way if the Supra wasn't sold here. Gained popularity with the Gran Turismo series of games, and went from there.

IMO, overhyped. I would still prefer a Supra.
Felt like posting this from Mid-Ohio a while back.

[Image: med_DSC_3271.jpg]
They're nice cars, don't get me wrong, but I think they were cooler when every ricer boy didn't want one because it's the lastest north american fad.

But they're still very nice lookin' cars, and they're still very fast.. I just think you can get more a better deal if you bought something more recent and more new.

I had to do the double take a couple times here.... seen a grey skyline once or twice parked out front of my building. Much smaller looking in person.
Is the gas still on the right?
crazikev,Jun 1 2006, 02:02 PM Wrote:Is the gas still on the right?
[right][snapback]190893[/snapback][/right]

everything stays the same layout wise.. except you have to learn to shift with your left hand
They are SICK cars, hard to drive cause you have to shift with the left, but one you get used to it they are crazy. Twin Turbo *drool*
its godzzzirrrra!!

i want a 964 RS porsche
There's a place here in Abbotsford, SCI motors I beleive they're called, microesq of focusbc.net brother in law I think it is, works for them. There's at least a 1/2 dozen around in Abby, plus a right hand drive CRX that belongs to a guy who works at acustomer of mine Kodiak Motorsports, kodiak racing wheelsthey build custom racing wheels, just finished a prototype set of wheels for the McLaren team, not sure what series, I got to check them out a little when I went to help figure out some bolt sizing for them, we suplly 90% of their bolts for all their wheels.
They are a dime a dozen in markham / richmond hill. There is a meet every once and a while at 16th and woodbine. About 6 of them show up all in differing stages of performance. Check on trader.ca they have 5 or 6 for sale in ontario all the time.
all the Skylines here end up in salvage after 2 months of being on the road.
There's probably about 5 or 6 R32 versions in Winnipeg, and maybe one R33, maybe its a R32 version too, not entirely sure as I don't know much about them.
saw one at my works parking lot, no plates on it and it was white, took a pic of it, will post tomorrow