FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Itt: We Talk About Our Drive Home.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So on my longer than usual drive home I witness ~20 lightening touch downs, 2 transformers explosions, a river on the expressway and a whole lot of thunder. I wish I brought my memory card home so I could to catch on touch downs....

How was your ride
Lemme see... Left the parking lot, dropped off co-worker, looked at a few houses for sale on the net, drove home. :D
Oscar The Grouch,May 31 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:Lemme see... Left the parking lot, dropped off co-worker, looked at a few houses for sale on the net, drove home.  :D
[right][snapback]190739[/snapback][/right]

Life in North Bay is intense and fast paced isn't it
I am about to embark on my ride home.

Hopefully Mississauga is still there when i leave scarborough.
My drive home was hot and muggy. That was before the storms.

Once the storms moved in, I sat at home, hot and muggy. Little bits of rumbling, not a spec of rain. I'm so dispointed.
nass,May 31 2006, 06:13 PM Wrote:Life in North Bay is intense and fast paced isn't it
[right][snapback]190742[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, too fast. I actually got to use 4th gear today! :lol:
Went to the GF's. Got soaked when I stopped at Timmies for coffee. Then I was pushing waves along Lawerance. There is absolutely no drainage for that amount of water. Then it stopped in about 10 minutes.
tried to avoid the freeway construction on the way to pick up my car from the dealership.

other than that its a 15 min drive home from work.
i escaped the rain here in nyc area as well
Haven't seen much in the way of rain in hamilton yet. Still calling for thunder showers in the forecast tho.
I left work at 4pm today and I was able to have the 'roof open on the way home, had to go out to the condo's AGM tonight, got spat on a bit getting there around 6:30pm but by the time the meeting broke up at 9:45 the worst had already passed except me getting elected to the condo's board, that'll take three years to pass :lol:

NefCanuck
The drive home consisted of the walk to the hotel room from the training center... about 5 minutes. Visited family and friends, came back to the hotel again. Checked mail, had a snack, rejoiced in the pure simplicity of solid food... and I'm spent. :lol:
got to work at 7am, left at 8 so I could hit up crappy tire on the way home.

They were sold out of the Noma 12,000 BTU portable airconditioners.. so I picked up a 10,000BTU unit.

Keep in mind this is to compliment the 10,000 BTU window unit struggling to keep my living room at 80F.

so i throw it in the bedroom, digital thermostat says 78.. and in two hours it was down to 76... the most comfortable sleep I've had in days...

of course it nearly made me def too.. this thing is neither portable nor whisper quiet.
Once again the media blows a little rain storm out into this catastrophic take cover ramblings.

I can't tell you how many times I watched CTV show the same damn transformer smoldering....WOOOOAH!

yeah I hate those sleepless sticky night sleeps.... I feel your pain DP
I hate having to put on flannel PJs to sleep. Damned central air. It's nearly 70F.

Just kidding, not about the temp, my wife just got back from a week in the hospital with pneumonia and I have to keep the temp low to keep the air dry.

Just can't wait for the hydro bill....
Finally got to sleep in my bed lastnight. I've been sleeping in the basement. I hate the heat when sleeping.

*this thread sucks by the way*
you just made it better by posting!
nass,Jun 1 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:you just made it better by posting!
[right][snapback]190849[/snapback][/right]

there's something brown stuck to your nose...
I hope this isn't too up front and personal but do you mind licking it off for me?
Pages: 1 2