FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Wonder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if a Zetec motor would still run after being put through these crazy conditions.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/95+civ...AA19CBCBDF4.htm

Proof a Honda motor can take the most serious beating. LOL Poor D15. After the motor finally stops they end up getting it started up again and drive it around lol
So now that they got all the carbon out of the engine.......
typical complete idiot drivng a Honda.

And you posted it.

Idiot
meford4u,May 31 2006, 07:50 PM Wrote:typical complete idiot drivng a Honda.

And you posted it.

Idiot
[right][snapback]190774[/snapback][/right]

you really need to get over it
ZX3TUNR,May 31 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 31 2006, 07:50 PM Wrote:typical complete idiot drivng a Honda.

And you posted it.

Idiot
[right][snapback]190774[/snapback][/right]

you really need to get over it
[right][snapback]190805[/snapback][/right]

I did.

I was hoping you would grow up.

Apparently bananas in the manifold excite you.

Typical monkey business
Oh, and it's a hobby of mine to bug the crap out of you.

Just you.

You should feel so flattered.

Enjoy my hospitality. But don't overstay your welcome.

Honda's aren't loved here.
meford4u,May 31 2006, 10:13 PM Wrote:Oh, and it's a hobby of mine to bug the crap out of you.

Just you.

You should feel so flattered.

Enjoy my hospitality.  But don't overstay your welcome.

Honda's aren't loved here.
[right][snapback]190811[/snapback][/right]

lol alright big guy.
pretty sure I saw that video before (but it was in english)...

not to deny the durability of them honda engines, but I think people seriously underestimate how sturdy the zetec is. It's not exactly made of glass you know.

p-51 was running 9PSI non intercooled for how many years without any problems? and he races the car regularily too.

I'm of the mind that it is fragile, but it really isn't THAT bad.
The Zetec is a non interference motor. The Honda is a fully interfering get in the way of the valves look out it's going to blow motor.
Saw one blow without much of a push on the dyno.
Can we dump a bucket of water into the crank case and see if it lasts? Maybe shove some bannans in there to lol

Would be sweet if some one could take a zetec motor and do the same as they did with the Honda. I didnt post the video to claim honda is king. Im just curious if zetec could do the same.

The zetec is a great motor. Keep in mind I used to own one.
ZX3TUNR,Jun 1 2006, 08:09 AM Wrote:Can we dump a bucket of water into the crank case and see if it lasts? Maybe shove some bannans in there to lol

Would be sweet if some one could take a zetec motor and do the same as they did with the Honda. I didnt post the video to claim honda is king. Im just curious if zetec could do the same.

The zetec is a great motor. Keep in mind I used to own one.
[right][snapback]190838[/snapback][/right]

the bannanas in the exhaust ports was stupid. it does nothing to a car... and if I had an engine to blow, I'd throw water in the crank case... water is a lubricant afterall.
I've seen someone stuff a garden hose in the throttle body of a tempo before... it sputtered and amazingly still ran.... even though it was pouring water out the tailpipe..... :lol:
darkpuppet,Jun 1 2006, 09:28 AM Wrote:the bannanas in the exhaust ports was stupid.  it does nothing to a car... and if I had an engine to blow, I'd throw water in the crank case... water is a lubricant afterall.
[right][snapback]190855[/snapback][/right]
That is correct.

Bananas in exhaust ports do nothing. Bananas in tailpipes do little as well (use a good potato). But that is because of restriction of exhaust gasses.

As for water, half boils out right away. The Honda engine wasn't brand new out of the box, it was broken in, plenty of tolerance for a steam cushion. I had a '92 Ranger with 204,000km on it when a head gasket leaked and was mixing ooil and antifreeze. Drove it no problem for 2 weeks back and forth to Oakville while I looked for another truck. And the oil looked like a chocolate milkshake.
I've pulled outboard motors out of the ocean that I could get working again within an hour so I dont see anything miraculous going on here.
Change your sig Jay you don't have a "2003 MK1 ZX3 EURO Project"