FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tranny Problem Maybe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K today while I was driving and slowing down from 50km/hr, I was doing my normal down shifting while the clutch is in, this is going to be slowing to a dead stop btw. And as I was going thru the gears got all the way 1st, now normally it never lets me shift into first unless I'm crawling or less, but I was doing like 40 and it slid right into 1st gear. It did that a couple times cuz I tried afterwards, never do I left the clutch out to engage it but just seems totally weird that it let it go in at such high speed, should I be bringing this back to the dealership and going what the hell.
I'm not really sure anything is wrong, plus it's not like you'd need to shift into 1st while doing 40 unless you're street racing 2F2F stylez

:ph34r:
nass,May 31 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:I'm not really sure anything is wrong, plus it's not like you'd need to shift into 1st while doing 40 unless you're street racing 2F2F stylez

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]190722[/snapback][/right]
it's not that I need to, it's just when I'm slowing down for a red I always down shift thru all the gears, but normally I don't go for first I just thought i was going slower then when it slide right in, I thought something was up looked at the speedo and saw 40. It never goes in that easily unless it's barely moving.
I could be wrong but I doubt anything is wrong with it. As long as you don't engage the clutch that is.
Mine goes into first no matter how fast i'm going....
Aight, just seems to clunk, not actually clunk noise but just plopp into the gears now b4 it felt like it took more resistance. DAMN wearing in screws with my mind
not to mention it sounds pretty cool...that high pitch wind-down. Just stay away from reverse, it doesn't sound as good. The spring inside my shifter knob was missing and I was downshifting from 5th to 4th on an offramp...LOSER!!!