FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2006 Focus Mk2 St
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice. And its even a left hand driver car! Sweet!
Sweet.. why ain't this coming to N America?? sigh..
cowymo,May 30 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:Sweet.. why ain't this coming to N America??  sigh..
[right][snapback]190548[/snapback][/right]
To FOCUSCANADA MEMBERS

My proposal :

We email the higher ups at ford asking them why a car like the 2006 Focus ST is not available as an option in NA, or even a damn Sporty model. If they say lack of market interest I cough BULLs***. But everyone should do this to see what kind of response we get. Post em
Addy?
NOS2Go4Me,May 30 2006, 04:33 PM Wrote:Addy?
[right][snapback]190555[/snapback][/right]
Well I'm at work and the Ford website doesn't like my proxy. So someone find an address to email some higher up there has to be something on the ford website :D. I wanna know what thier stance is.
[right][snapback]190557[/snapback][/right]

Here it is (but it won't do you any good)

Al McCormick, Director Brand Management (the brand managers report to him and he reports to the VP of Marketing)

amccorm2 at ford dot com
ZTWsquared,May 30 2006, 11:42 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]190557[/snapback][/right]

Here it is (but it won't do you any good)

Al McCormick, Director Brand Management (the brand managers report to him and he reports to the VP of Marketing)

amccorm2 at ford dot com
[right][snapback]190563[/snapback][/right]

someone just got signed up to farmanimalsex.com and thisisavirus.com

this is going to be awesome!
nass,May 31 2006, 12:07 AM Wrote:someone just got signed up to farmanimalsex.com and thisisavirus.com

this is going to be awesome!
[right][snapback]190588[/snapback][/right]

Don't mean to spoil yer fun but all Ford Canada email gets routed through their servers in Detroit - as in mega firewall -- half the legit stuff I sent him when he was a client got stripped out - he definitely won't see anything like a pron subscription.

And back on topic ... the final decision to bring a vehicle to Ford in Canada isn't even made in Canada.

If the product planners in the states make a decision, even the president of Ford Canada can't go around it.

You think the car guys at Ford Canada don't drool over cars like the Focus ST same as we do? Some of them (not all of them) are enthusiasts like we are, and they know more about the Ford Australia and Ford Europe cars than we do - and many of them get to drive them ... but they are powerless to even influence the big product decisions that are made in Detroit.

If the Americans don't want it ... Canadians can't have it - sad but true.
wouldn't it be fun to import one?
darkpuppet,May 31 2006, 10:58 AM Wrote:wouldn't it be fun to import one?
[right][snapback]190648[/snapback][/right]

You Can, but keep in mind all the Taxes on the car when it arrives though.... but it would be so worth it... :P

I loved this Top Gear Video on the ST Focus mainly because of the Weather when they filmed it, and the colour, and the music... really well put together. :P
It would be lots of fun ... and lots of money. At a base price of "17,500 quid" (from the video) it would cost roughly $36,000 CAD just for starters.
ZTWsquared,May 31 2006, 10:01 AM Wrote:
It would be lots of fun ... and lots of money. At a base price of "17,500 quid" (from the video) it would cost roughly $36,000 CAD just for starters.
[right][snapback]190662[/snapback][/right]
fully loaded only way to go was 22000 quid which is about 45k We all know we want the Rearco leather seats :D
For all it would cost here you may as well buy the Volvo C30 when it comes next spring.
I guess that buying an SVT Foci, and putting FI on it would end up a little bit cheaper, and likely more powerfull for the money...?