FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Exhaust Help Needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there; I'm new to this forum, just installed a pacesetter shorty header and looking to install a MBRP system in my 2000 ZX3... Only thing is that I want a 2.5" systm which MBRP has only for the 2002- up SVT Focus..... Will this system fit on my 2000 ZX3? Thanks for the help!!
From what I know the SVT system will fit but it will stick out an additional few inches (it'll look funny). But someone correct me if i'm wrong. Not to mention you really dont need the 2.5" exhaust, for normal bolt on's 2.25" should be just fine. Thats what i'm running on my car and it sounds awsome, and the performance is great. I couldn't be happier.
If your still running a stock catalytic you will want to replace that before the exhaust. A high flow exhaust and header and a stock cat is not efficient.
What I'm going to do is actually rip th cat right out, and just get a shop to fabricate a straight pipe down to the flex and then connect it to the 2.5" exhaust, my reasoning for the 2.5" exhaust is that I eventually want to do a FI setup (probably turbo charging it) and I have heard that with FI you want to run a 2.5" or even 3" exhaust....
What I'm going to do is actually rip th cat right out, and just get a shop to fabricate a straight pipe down to the flex and then connect it to the 2.5" exhaust, my reasoning for the 2.5" exhaust is that I eventually want to do a FI setup (probably turbo charging it) and I have heard that with FI you want to run a 2.5" or even 3" exhaust.... is that correct? Thankfully I live in Redneck Alberta where we don't test for emmisons....
Go Oilers!!!!
apparently the flange is slightly different too.