FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Vs. Elise. Ya Rly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to Waterford Hills for an open trackday on Sunday, I threw this little video together because I had a good run with an Elise. I think it had sport pack and/or track pack as it had A048 tires.

No music or editing, haven't had time to do that yet. Sorry about the sound quality, the mic on the camera sucks.

Click here to watch Focus-vs-Elise
Nice....kept up pretty good.

That mustang at the end seemed a little flustered :P
Kewl man, what you running for tires/suspension?
nice!

but was the elise really workin' it?

The stang looked all over the place tho...
Wow those Mustangs handle well huh?
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:Wow those Mustangs handle well huh?
[right][snapback]190383[/snapback][/right]
Mustangs can hold up just fine if you don't track them right out of the box.
Toyo RA-1's, Bilstein PSS9, 25mm rear bar, 18mm front bar, custom camber plates ~3* camber, Wilwood brakes, delrin bushings.

It's a pretty serious open track car now. Still streetable. It's a blast to drive on the street on soft settings. A little too fun... I'm gonna get myself in trouble. It's impossible to drive sanely anymore. :lol:

Elise working it? Yeah. He was running perfect lines, and got the back end out a little a couple times but you can't make it out. I was at about 95%... was he? Probably not quite, but he was working it no doubt.

There was 1 street car faster than me. A new M3, I don't know what it had but is was MEAN sounding, and insanely fast. He was blowing away everything on the track, even the race cars.

My fastest time beat the all time track records for all the Showroom Stock race cars, and would make me competitive in ITD and C, Spec Miata, Spec Neon and Touring2.

Quote:The stang looked all over the place tho...

He was, pretty bad. I wouldn't judge a Mustang based on that guy.

But the Mustangs just can't do as well, especially on this track. There was even a built American Iron Mustang there, running slower times than me, but the guy was a little... untalented. He stuffed it into the wall on the last session.