FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Well Oiled Machine ... Indeed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope that this is confined to the states - but somehow I doubt it.

JIffy Lube rip off scheme - widespread (spread wide?)
holy cow!
Yup this happens everyday like the insider said. This is the main reason I only take my car to a garage where there is a large window I can watch, they allow me to check out the car while they work and they give me my old parts back that they replaced no matter what it may be. If you replace something and charge me for it, I want the old part back. If they say no to any of these requests then I simply go to another garage.

Simple as that. NEVER leave your car at a garage and goto work or something, especially if you've never been there before or and not to be sexest here, you're a woman.
Always check the recipt and parts/fluids changed. Don't leave the premisis without checking.

Also, try and keep a watch on them, try to goto a place that uses a hoist rather than a monkey pit. You can see them empty the fluid when the car is on a hoist.
Yeah Dateline NBC did something on this at Minekie? in a few states and they took the money and did next to squat, one parked the car in the garage, and sent it out 15 minutes later saying it had an oil change, with a tranny flush, and all tires rotated, it never once went up on car lift.
try do your own work - an oil change is too easy, brakes aren't too bad either. Other than that find a mechanic you trust and only bring your car their shop.