FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of somewhere in Canada to get the svt suspension? was thinking doing this to my 2001 zx3 s2. Don;t want to spend a whole lot and don;t really want much of a drop .5" is plenty. I have found it in the US for $250us but would rather spend the money in Canada if it is close to the same amount. Thanks
Fellow S2 owner :) On the S2 it will seem more like a 1" drop.

Why not try ford, I don't think the price is that unreasonable....
Yep try Ford. M-3000-ZX3. That is the complete SVTF suspension.Rear sway bar, springs and shocks/struts.

Ford Racing
You will not be able to get it in Canada at that price, my set is from CFM in the state.
It looks like it is $265us on ford racing does anyone know what a local ford dealer would want? Do they just look in the ford racing book and adjust for exchange rate?
Call up Dixie Ford 905-629-1711. Ask for JJ (Steve Johnson) - he's in charge of the Ford Racing stuff.

It will probably be close to the $265 USD, but all FRPP stuff has shipping charged. Last time I had this priced in September, it was on par because of the exchange rate at the time. Availability might be another issue...they have been backordered in the past.

Installation - count on max 6.5 hrs.
Do you know if any ford dealer can get that stuff? I am in NB so that would be a nice long drive :) Also do you remember what they said it would cost to get it brought in for you.
Any Ford dealer should be able to order it for you, they might have a little variance in their markup though.

You might also be able to find an SVT owner that has upgraded their suspension and is looking to sell their stock parts.. could save a bit of cash that way.
Screw Dixie zFord
Try Erin Ford Mississauga
Hey, I paid 404.80 canadian shipped to my door from SHM. I think it was 250 or 275 US plus exchange but that was back in september. Even through Ford emplyee price it was more than SHM. I think they shipped it for free because it took so long on back order, but they are in Woodstock so it not too far a drive.

DRyanC
They don;t seem to have it listed on there web site. Do you have to contact them?
you're right, but they did last fall, give them a call, couldn't hurt. I may sell mine, need to move to a focus wagon, but won't know for a couple months for sure.

DRyanC
Let me know if you decide to sell. I won;t be looking for a couple of months either.
guilty,May 30 2006, 06:40 PM Wrote:Any Ford dealer should be able to order it for you, they might have a little variance in their markup though.

Any Ford dealer can order it...it's just who they order from.

Most dealers who are not Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) dealers in Ontario usually go through RCO Enterprises, a wholesale/distributor based out near London, Ontario. Also, I believe all will somehow mark up the prices based on shipping to their respective dealerships, as well as any markups they must reflect using a wholesale/distributor.

I managed to save on costs due to me picking it up at Dixie Ford (on my way to work), plus they gave all SVTOA-Toronto Chapter members participating at our 2005 On Track driving school a celebratory discount.

I'd suggest hitting the FRPP website (http://www.fordracingparts.com) and see if there's an FRPP dealer out your way. From my info, there should be two FRPP retailers in the "Eastern" region; however, they would be based in Quebec (Vanier and Granby).
I may ask a freind who lives in Ottawa if he could pick it up for me and ship it to me. Or I may just order from the US with todays exchange rate it should not be too bad as long as they don;t ship ups.

Any one ever order from these guys http://www.batinc.net/focus.htm
Contact "Big Steve" at Campbell Ford in Ottawa if your friend is going to get it for you. He is the performance/FRPP guy there.

Ryan
wadem,Jun 4 2006, 04:28 PM Wrote:Any one ever order from these guys http://www.batinc.net/focus.htm
[right][snapback]191215[/snapback][/right]
Yes ... a reputable company, in business for quite some time, very knowledgeable about Contiques - probably pretty good with Focus stuff too -- I think Meford might have even gone to their location in Florida and picked stuff up.
El-jukyard-o

I found an SVTF with almost nithing on the clock and stole the brakes off it (everything front + rear)

If you get lucky, $50-$100

If you are buddy-buddy with someone, free
I second reldridge's comment about Steve at Campbell Ford in Ottawa -- You can price anything out of the FRPP catalogue on their website. >> http://www.campbellracingparts.com/shoponline/

They can also get Eibach suspensions at a good price.

Cheers,

A
I picked up mine from a dealer yesterday... 385$ + taxes.