FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Mustang Chronicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So I'm now two weeks into my search for the perfect v6 mustang convertible, and things aren't looking up...

I wrote an e-mail to a friend of a friend's dealership to see if he could help me out, and they said they found my car (color, most options, except the alarm)...

and then sent an e-mail 10 minutes later saying it's not available....

And now, it looks like I may not have a car until the middle of August.

Is ford really selling that many stangs? or is it because they only make 5 a day? Or do they have a policy against non-pony-edition cars?

christ I hate car shopping...you'd think I was ordering a new skyscraper.
darkpuppet,May 29 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:Is ford really selling that many stangs? [right][snapback]190188[/snapback][/right]
Yes
Quote:or is it because they only make 5 a day?  Or do they have a policy against non-pony-edition cars?
No, and no.
Quote:christ I hate car shopping...you'd think I was ordering a new skyscraper.
The waiting list for skyscrapers is way shorter. ;)
Wasn't someone on this board selling a red Saleen Mustang??? Bluetoy i think. Why not buy his steve??? More HP, more fun, less cost. :D
Cobra, Not a convertivle...
Oscar The Grouch,May 29 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:Wasn't someone on this board selling a red Saleen Mustang???  Bluetoy i think.  Why not buy his steve???  More HP, more fun, less cost. :D
[right][snapback]190200[/snapback][/right]

Steve was saying in the other thread that he was only buying a ford so they would take his car back after the lease.
there is a ford dealership across from my work. They have atleast 20 stangs there. Tell me what you want and I'll take a look with pictures. Or call them up, parkway ford in waterloo :)
Call Discovery, they have a slew of them as well.

Not sure if they would take the Focus though.

I'll bet that;s the main reason you're sticking with this particular dealer right?
Yup, I've already checked their online inventories this weekend.

(I should have been working, but I spent an hour searching the online inventory of every ford dealership in ontario)... no dice.. they're all automatics or GTs.

I've given the go-ahead on the factory order.

the waiting game begins... and sure, I won't have my car in time for my road trip in July, and sure, I'll be driving a car OFF warranty..

I wonder just how painful this is going to get.
congrats on placing the order ... there sekzi cars

whens the partout of the focus begin :D
Congrats on the order.

Hope the wait isn't too long.
schade,May 29 2006, 05:13 PM Wrote:congrats on placing the order ... there sekzi cars

whens the partout of the focus begin :D
[right][snapback]190251[/snapback][/right]

you can have whatever you want so long as you provide the replacement stock parts... and I mean stock as in no drilled holes that I have to fill in after the fact...

you'll be replacing half my engine bay for the vortech, and you'd still have to supply your own tune unfortunately...
i've got stock replacements for what i'm after .. and i can do the swap if needed, should it work out

and its not the vortech i'm interested in
wow... the car is being built this week. I may have it as early as next week.

Now I gotta make sure they're getting the wheels I wanted...
Wheels..

Mustang tuning

Wheel replicas

All those wheels can be bought at 2kool Email him for pirces on anything not listed on the specials page.

Go here to look at wheels. Corral.net

Let the modding begin.
modding a v6 vert sounds like a great way to waste cash. i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:modding a v6 vert sounds like a great way to waste cash. i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual
[right][snapback]199220[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but thats your boring answer for everything. :P
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:modding a v6 vert sounds like a great way to waste cash. i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual

modding any car is a great way to waste cash...

it'll be just a fun car IMO.. and I don't need the GT to feel justified in buying a stang...
Flofocus,Jul 27 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:i vote for leave it stock and drive it as usual
Yeah but thats your boring answer for everything. :P
[right][snapback]199243[/snapback][/right]

yup. i'm a boring person. that's me. only guy you'll ever see going speed limit on a ninja bike

naz,Jul 27 2006, 09:36 PM Wrote:yup. i'm a boring person. that's me. only guy you'll ever see going speed limit on a ninja bike
[right][snapback]199449[/snapback][/right]
Well, can't say I blame ya. Looks unstable....

[Image: biker-ninja.jpg]

:ph34r:

Something like modding a Focus...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5