FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Banlieue 13 Screening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.. I have a buncha free tickets for this Thursday June 1st if anyone is interested in coming out to see Banlieue 13 (District 13 in North America) for free.

Heres the details

Paramount Theatre downtown
Thursday June 1st
7:00PM

RSVP is through me as I have to mark your name down on a VIP list for the door... if anyones interested or has any questions lemme know. I thought it would be cool to open up the offer to here as well.

PS just incase your wondering... This is David Belle, Parkours creators first movie. The one that those clips all over the internet are about. I will be making a small speech on his behalf before the movie starts.
cool stuff man...

I'd go, but can't make it.. got volleyball down at the beaches.
darkpuppet,May 28 2006, 04:33 PM Wrote:cool stuff man...

I'd go, but can't make it.. got volleyball down at the beaches.
[right][snapback]190061[/snapback][/right]

Watch women's volleyball??? ;)
I just saw a preview for District 13 on tv tonight.. looks pretty cool.
The storyline is sorta cheesy... But what David and Cyril are capable of and what they do in the movie is incredible. Its 97% real stuntwork by the actual actors. Something so rare now a days.

They are also some of the coolest guys out there. So incredibly humble in person its unbelievable.

Either way I thought Id post it up here... its a cheap date... ;)
saw the movie, great sequences, storyline wasnt too bad and made a decent amount of sense. somewhat far fetched (what movies arent nowadays)
either good movie

my friends on the other hand werent as appreciative of waht was going on and didnt like the fact that i dragged them to a french movie. though one admitted if it was in english it woulda been pretty good.

unfortunatly the movie theatre was pretty empty. not sure what the intended market was but i hope it hits it, cause i enjoyed it.
if it hits saskatoon i'll go an check it out.
ZX5focused,Jun 3 2006, 12:15 PM Wrote:saw the movie, great sequences, storyline wasnt too bad and made a decent amount of sense.  somewhat far fetched (what movies arent nowadays)
either good movie

my friends on the other hand werent as appreciative of waht was going on and didnt like the fact that i dragged them to a french movie.  though one admitted if it was in english it woulda been pretty good.

unfortunatly the movie theatre was pretty empty.  not sure what the intended market was but i hope it hits it, cause i enjoyed it.
[right][snapback]191107[/snapback][/right]

If this is the same District B13 I saw clips from 2004, (ish), I wouldn't have thought there'd be too much dialog to worry about.
darkpuppet,Jun 3 2006, 04:08 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jun 3 2006, 12:15 PM Wrote:saw the movie, great sequences, storyline wasnt too bad and made a decent amount of sense.  somewhat far fetched (what movies arent nowadays)
either good movie

my friends on the other hand werent as appreciative of waht was going on and didnt like the fact that i dragged them to a french movie.  though one admitted if it was in english it woulda been pretty good.

unfortunatly the movie theatre was pretty empty.  not sure what the intended market was but i hope it hits it, cause i enjoyed it.
[right][snapback]191107[/snapback][/right]

If this is the same District B13 I saw clips from 2004, (ish), I wouldn't have thought there'd be too much dialog to worry about.
[right][snapback]191129[/snapback][/right]

not too much really, which is why it bothered me less, the opening scene of the movie is the one thats been posted on here before.
i enjoyed it and would recomend it to other people