FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Squeaking Sound When I Turn Right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, just curious cause this is really starting 2 piss me off...it's been happening for about 2 weeks now (that i've noticed)...when i turn right, not like a little turn on the road, but like a turn into my driveway or something, i get a really weird and quite noticable sweak coming from what i believe is my front end...any idea of what this is? My cars' going in soon for it's regular maintenace check and oil change, and i'd like to get this issue addressed, but having an idea of what it is would be better than letting ford guess...cuase we all know they aren't the smartest people around (at least not here in sudbury)
same thing happened to me, got my brake pads changed and it was fine
Could it be ball bearing?? ( it happened to my VW Golf before and they changed the ball bearing on the right side and everything was fine.. ) Anywho.. I'm not sure if the Focus has this piece of thing.. :P
stop turning right.
meford4u,May 28 2006, 05:45 PM Wrote:stop turning right.
[right][snapback]190072[/snapback][/right]

YEAH.... what is the need to turn right for.... all those NASCAR drivers only turn left
Ok seriously...... does it sound like a rusty door hinge???
no, more of like nails on a chalk board :S
well could be a ball joint, tie rod end or a upper strut mount/or mount bearing......

does it only do it one way like when you turn right or does it do it both ways turn right and return to straight?
random thought. put a passenger in the back, turn the interior fan off, stereo off, windows up. try to see if they can identify it the general direction and then hold that interior trim piece that is closest to that noise.

i had a similar noise in my car, it turns out it was the seatbelt rubbing against the b pillar trim
yea, it's outside, cuase you can barely hear it inside, and they've changed the mount bearing and my strut...so i unno what it could be anymore
sway bars - got mine done a month ago - ford has non serviceabel points on these - get aftermarket - they have nipples on them - oh yeah
I have had the same problem for 2 weeks now. the enterence of my parking lot is a pretty steep slope and turning right, when i get in i get the same high pitch squeaking sound.
Sway bars are squeaking, either that or it could be the early stages of yout end links failing. I had a similar squeak and eventually it turned into a clunk. The factory end links use a crappy rubber filled socket that wears as dust works it's way in. Piece of crap.