FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vacation Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, we switched our plans from Quebec City to Gettysburg (quite a huge change I'd say).

Gettysburg Pics

What an awesome time. Even for Michelle, she found it absolutely amazing., and she wants to go back every year as part of our anniversary. The self-guided auto tour we did was great. $13 for the CD, and it guides you around the battlefield and narrates for you. Tells you when to stop, etc. Was definately worth it. We're going to get a guided tour next time. The guide drives your car, and just spews forth history. The one couple we talked to at the B&B said that at the end of the tour, the guide got out, gave them his card, and it turns out he is the MAYOR of the city. That kind of floored me.

Quite the humbling experience, knowing that you're driving around on an area that had 51,000+ casualties in 3 days. During the day, its very peaceful and quiet (except for the moronic, disrespectful kids).. at night.. its just plain spooky. No one is there after dusk really, except for ghost hunters. So its pitch black, no street lights for miles, and strangely quiet, except for the wind blowing the leaves and the woodland creatures running around doing whatever woodland creatures do.

Stayed at a kick-ass B&B too. The people were so friendly and great. The food was amazing, priced right, and very filling. They had a tavern also, and it was so nice and cozy. The pics inside really don't do it justice. And the jacuzzi rocked ;)

And if you're bored at work, and want to play a game, just play Spot the Focus. It got caught in a few pics. Next time I'll be taking pictures of the car at various spots I think. I'll get the old Patented Eyeroll for being silly, but oh well.
Those look like nice photos. Good to hear you two had a good time :)
In about a month, I'll have vacation pictures up too!