FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Shopping Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good news everybody, I may get rid of the SPI focus. :lol:
Bad news, it'll still be in my driveway. :(

So the story is my parents are looking for a new car. I talked it over with my pop and he says he'd give me $8000.00 for the Gold Focus.

In turn, I'd have to get a new set of wheels.

So my options are:

1. Buy another used Focus (ZTS or ZX3)

2. New Focus (probably an ST)

3. Keep the Gold and increase the down on a house (not a fun proposition)

4. Buy something else (Civic, Sentra, Cobalt, F-150)

In any eventuality, mom and dad need a new vehicle.

What I've been thinking of doing is finding a good used 2002-03 ZTS or ZX3 for around $11,000.00k and holding off the house idea till at least the fall.

What you guys think?
I'd probably go for the house option.. but then remember once you get the house there's no money for cars for a very long time :P

But then again, I guess the SPI would get pretty boring, and upgrading to a used ZTS or ZX3 with a Zetec would be a step up for everyday driving..
Comming from someone who spent far too much money on his car, home ownership is far more rewarding and a better use of your cash than a car. The fact is when you buy a house in todays market the value goes up. So your not throwing your money away. Unfortunatly with cars your only loosing money.

Whats really wrong with your car? If you want more power, etc. Don't even waste cash on a focus get a used stang and call it a day, and still have cash in the bank. Or better yet just keep the damn thing and do what the ing guy says.
for $12,000 you can have a 2002 ZX5 with 190WHP, suspension, body kit, leather, advance trac, 4 piston brakes with 2 piece rotors, wideband, boost, and tuning software :P
darkpuppet,May 27 2006, 11:39 AM Wrote:for $12,000 you can have a 2002 ZX5 with 190WHP, suspension, body kit, leather, advance trac, 4 piston brakes with 2 piece rotors, wideband, boost, and tuning software :P
[right][snapback]189880[/snapback][/right]

I'd do it!!

good offer!
hey oscar, why don't you pick up french_connections SVT that's for sale in the "for sale" board...good price if you ask me
I will sell you my svt for 13k... its only valid for a few days, I need to get rid of it since im moving to hawaii...

beleive me, If I had time for a good sale, it would go for a lot more than 13... my lost, your gain.

let me know asap...
if your going to pick up another focus go for the SVT that french connection is offering.

steve's car looks pretty tempting, but think that you'd have more fun with the svt.
i vote for house
12 750$ is as low as I can possibly go and still be able to sell it... (need to be able to pay the difference to release the title.)

Make a move... ;)
That's a nice price. Seriously, tho... get a house, keep the SPI till you're sure of everything, and then re-evaluate. You've got a nice setup going on yours so far, and so what if it doesn't do 15s in the quarter? We all have to drive the same speed around town anyways.

Frenchie's car is sweet from everything I've ever heard, but I'd say if you've sorted out your issues, keep the SPI. The way gas is going, you'll thank yourself later.
SVT!!

I have one I love the car lol

K I just got back from shopping with the folks.

After a long hard talk with them, it seems that they will probably go with a Saturn Ion Coupe or a Dodge Caravan.

My dad likes my focus but he'd rather see me get into a house faster instead of buying another car. I kinda agree with him on that. For my own sanity, I guess getting my own place is worth more than having a fast ride.

So looks like the status quo will stay for me. Sorry frenchy and puppet, I'm glad you put up good offers, but I regretfully cannot proceed.

My sincerest apologies.
GET THE HOUSE..

f*** THE CAR!!
get the house, re-finance the house get car. Live the dream
nass,May 27 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:get the house, re-finance the house get car. Live the dream
[right][snapback]189966[/snapback][/right]

s'what I did to get my Focus, amazing what rising house prices do to equity in your home and the ability to tap the asset :P

NefCanuck
Your Dad is a wise Man!

You'll thank him later.
House, its a complete no brainer.